Nuri to try an play overseas

• 22 replies

paultzman

Nuri to try an play overseas
« on: April 11, 2013, 08:15:05 PM »
Adios!
“@GoodmanCBS: Former St. John's guard Nuri Lindsey is leaving Rider after one season and is expected to try and play overseas, source told CBSSports.”
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:41:57 PM by Dave »

Re: Nuri
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 08:33:58 PM »
not surprised. i thought he would try the nba. maybe he'll meet dunlap again. ;D

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 08:36:45 PM »
What a disaster his college career turned into.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 08:38:27 PM »
I feel badly that he's had a hard life, but these were chances for him to overcome that. And he wanted no part of it.

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 09:49:07 PM »
Agree 100% Poison.  Best of luck to the kid, but he made his own bed by leaving our program as early as he did, and in that state it was in.

ras

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 11:13:53 PM »
How could you feel bad for him . He left us midyear when we only had 6 players. Plus he would have gotten good exp w great coaching for another semester if he would have stayed till the end of season, which only would have improved him. He made his own bed.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 11:30:26 PM »
How could you feel bad for him . He left us midyear when we only had 6 players. Plus he would have gotten good exp w great coaching for another semester if he would have stayed till the end of season, which only would have improved him. He made his own bed.

You don't pity stupid people?

Re: Nuri to try an play overseas
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 12:50:41 AM »
hahah post of the day. ;D Nuri screwed himself. he couldn't shoot for his life and freaked out after missing freethrows at the A&M game. oh well good luck

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 01:27:50 AM »
I really hope it works out for him

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 06:08:23 AM »
I really hope it works out for him

This right here is maturity.

Lay of the schadenfreude my peeps and move on.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Foad

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 08:00:02 AM »
Lay of the schadenfreude

Isn't this more like he who laughs last, and isn't he who's laughing Nuri? He's a 23 year old moving to Europe to play basketball for 50 K a year. That sounds pretty sweet to me. If he is what people called him when he left - a bad basketball player and a pussy - then he's doing pretty well.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 08:00:59 AM »
What team is going to pay for a guy that could barely handle the MAAC?

derk

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 09:12:54 AM »
Lay of the schadenfreude

Isn't this more like he who laughs last, and isn't he who's laughing Nuri? He's a 23 year old moving to Europe to play basketball for 50 K a year. That sounds pretty sweet to me. If he is what people called him when he left - a bad basketball player and a pussy - then he's doing pretty well.

Don't believe he has collected a penny yet. Let's see if he even makes it to Europe. And if he does how long it takes for him to decide this is another bad situation for himself.

gman

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 10:33:04 AM »
Maybe Dennis Rodman can help get him a spot on a North Korean team

redslope

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 11:11:22 AM »
another example of college is not for everyone; had there been "minor league system" similar to baseball, Nuri would have been better off.  it is time for the NBA to open up the developmental league to 18 year olds without having to "attend" college for one year.

SJUFAN

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 12:55:55 PM »
another example of college is not for everyone; had there been "minor league system" similar to baseball, Nuri would have been better off.  it is time for the NBA to open up the developmental league to 18 year olds without having to "attend" college for one year.

Not sure how I feel about that. I agree college is not for everyone, but then again, what system is available for those who can't dribble a basketball? Minimum wage...Hustling....Welfare....Prison? Don't get me wrong, there are many people who find success without college. But many other kids just go to college cause they want to get ahead in life and believe a college education is that vehicle, its a sacrifice, not a desire. I mean, no one is saying ball players have to go four years and have a 3.0 GPA. All they need to do is ENROLL for a year, get straight F's it wont matter. Get some coaching and development and move on after a year. If your good enough to play ball and get paid for it, then you will, go over seas if you like, but if your not, you need to fall in line like the rest of us. Facts of life.   
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:57:37 PM by STJFAN »

tnice

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 02:26:34 PM »
I wonder if the members of the Rider message board are killing the coach and lamenting the downfall of the program because a kid who didn't have much interest in being in college, left.

*I know there likely isn't a Rider message board, it's a rhetorical question

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 05:07:52 PM »
Just one of those guys who wasn't happy wherever he went

I really hope he hooks onto a team in Europe and makes a career for himself

LJSA

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2013, 08:43:16 PM »
Just one of those guys who wasn't happy wherever he went

I really hope he hooks onto a team in Europe and makes a career for himself

I can't imagine it'll be Spain or Italy. 

jr49

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 09:32:17 PM »
Sounds right. Maybe hook it up with classes for those who have not finished H.S. Ya got 16 yr olds risking their lives on horses held together with scotch tape? Whats up with keeping young people from playing some hoops and making a living? Once again big business calling the shots.