ACC invite....

• 99 replies

desco80

Re: ACC invite....
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 11:51:43 AM »
I want no part of football anymore for a conference, and neither do our members. Make this a great conference, add schools as needed. 12 would be the perfect number to grind out 6-7 bids annually along with a nice 12-14 school out of conference schedule.

Another wise man.

Hypothetically... Georgetown gets invited to the ACC, and they're going to go.   If we accept, we're in too, otherwise they take Villanova. 
If our options were stay in the Big East but without the Hoyas and possibly Nova, or bolt for the ACC, would you still want to stay put?

That's the thing.   I don't think an ACC invite is likely, but if it ever were to happen it would almost definitely involve Georgetown too.   Changes our options some.   As is, the new conference is very exciting and competitive.   But, the Big East without Georgetown and Nova is not a conference I want to be part of.   

Moose

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 11:52:07 AM »
Baldi bored today so stir the pot and ruin the good vibes.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:52:23 AM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

Tha Kid

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 11:53:31 AM »
I want no part of football anymore for a conference, and neither do our members. Make this a great conference, add schools as needed. 12 would be the perfect number to grind out 6-7 bids annually along with a nice 12-14 school out of conference schedule.

Another wise man.

Hypothetically... Georgetown gets invited to the ACC, and they're going to go.   If we accept, we're in too, otherwise they take Villanova. 
If our options were stay in the Big East but without the Hoyas and possibly Nova, or bolt for the ACC, would you still want to stay put?

That's the thing.   I don't think an ACC invite is likely, but if it ever were to happen it would almost definitely involve Georgetown too.   Changes our options some.   As is, the new conference is very exciting and competitive.   But, the Big East without Georgetown and Nova is not a conference I want to be part of.   

+1 - if it's going with GTown and Nova or being stuck without them, I go with them.  But still think all 3 would prefer to stay together in the Big EAST.
"I drink and I know things"

desco80

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 11:58:36 AM »

Another wise man.

+1 - if it's going with GTown and Nova or being stuck without them, I go with them.  But still think all 3 would prefer to stay together in the Big EAST.

I'm with you Kid.   My first choice would be to stay with the new BE, but if the other two were to leave, that would change things. 

boo3

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 12:00:53 PM »
Ink is barely dry on the deal for the new Big east and we are already discussing this?

Come on already..

paultzman

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 12:05:28 PM »
Ink is barely dry on the deal for the new Big east and we are already discussing this?

Come on already..

Agree

desco80

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 12:18:24 PM »

Come on already..

It's just talk Boo, just talk.   
Most of us are really excited about the new conference.    Baldi just raised some interesting hypotheticals.   ;D

boo3

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 12:20:06 PM »
 What if Rysheed doesn't shave, gets suspended, and wants to transfer after 3 games?

...just talk..  ;)

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 12:39:45 PM »
I think Lavin is and would push for the move

Moose

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 12:41:36 PM »
I think Lavin is and would push for the move

Why do I bother.

Well its a two way street and they (ACC) have to show interest.  There is no interest.

And Lavin is not pushing for the move. Lock that one up Dean.

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2013, 12:43:46 PM »
So I guess you didn't hear he was on the phone chatting it up?

Moose

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2013, 12:48:30 PM »

Maybe he wants a job in the ACC.  Lets start that up.

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2013, 12:58:44 PM »

That's what I heard. Unconfirmed rumors he is next in line for the Duke job.

crgreen

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2013, 01:02:56 PM »

I follow a fairly new, formerly Big East, NON-North Carolina-based ACC team.  Trust me, we don't want to put our basketball team in that position.

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2013, 01:05:11 PM »
What's the next team to go to the ACC if it isn't St Johns? You think Georgetown and Nova say no?

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2013, 01:18:08 PM »
Why would the Acc invite non-football schools?

And for the record...if I get invited to the White House or the Playboy Mansion...I'll go!

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2013, 01:19:33 PM »
Madison Square Garden

paultzman

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2013, 01:22:45 PM »
Madison Square Garden

Surprised you are banging away on this with announcement today that Laury is leaving Iona.

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 01:30:50 PM »
Madison Square Garden

Surprised you are banging away on this with announcement today that Laury is leaving Iona.

Where's he going? Draft?

paultzman

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »
Madison Square Garden

Where's he going? Draft?

Just wanted to get your attention & stop this Dean W. rumor mill. Sorry!