Mike Poole ( rutgers transfer)

• 66 replies

Chilleb

Re: Mike Poole ( rutgers transfer)
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 03:24:59 PM »
Poole I also the slasher we've needed as well he can put the ball on the floor and finish , he's 6'5 with a handle, and I'm not talking about a pointer handle . I mean a real handle.

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 03:25:21 PM »
I like his gamd I always wanted to seem him get 30 mins somewhere. Only problem he wont get it here and wont help us balance out the scholarship situation
Poole, would leep Marco in the rotation in a heart beat, and those nights where Dom isn't in his game Poole is just what the doctor ordered, he didn't display half of what he can do while he was at Rutgers, legit 6'5 swing man who can stick it and can pass. Was kept in a bubble over at Rutgers.

Except would he have to sit out 2 years or 1. Technically Rutgers is still part of the BE until July ? And is he a junior or senior. He always played good against us. Another one of the shooting NYC guards who we never seem to land.

First off there is no 2 year rule.  Intra conference transferring is not allowed period.

But assuming BE rules no longer count he would still have to sit a year.  People are assuming for some reason he can play next and I have no idea why.  Plus SJU has no schollie for him.

You have made it clear you don't think the RU kids will get to play immediately.  I think the circumstances will allow them to play.  Lets remember we are one year of passed legislation away from kids with good GPA's being able to transfer for free with no penalty.  So based on what happened at RU I see no reason NCAA will penalize these kids.

It has nothing to do with that.  Absent any real evidence the waiver will be granted or even seriously considered why would people write posts as if itvid a given.  It is all speculation.

Read the posts. There is no thought to even having to sit a year that's ridiculous.  It is not a given by any stretch.  I don't think people realize that until something else comes out the assumption is the rule applies.

What are you talking about?  I said 'I feel'.  Its what I feel.  Its my opinion.  Just as you can have one, and any other poster on this site or elsewhere.  You squash things way too quickly without seeing the entire picture.  The NCAA has made it easier for kids to transfer and will continue to.  RU will not want further bad press and we know the NCAA won't either.

I'm not saying Poole will be at STJ.  All I'm saying is I FEEL that these RU kids will get waiver to play immediately.  Not apples to apples but a comparison would be they waived the transfer rule for Baylor's kids back during the Bliss scandal.

I give up that is not what I said my original post went directly to Chilleb's post.

Then I felt the need to defend it because by implication I was told that my opinion was based on the notion I don't believe they deserve waivers.

Assuming you are not debating that then we have no issues

Moose

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 03:26:41 PM »
I like his gamd I always wanted to seem him get 30 mins somewhere. Only problem he wont get it here and wont help us balance out the scholarship situation
Poole, would leep Marco in the rotation in a heart beat, and those nights where Dom isn't in his game Poole is just what the doctor ordered, he didn't display half of what he can do while he was at Rutgers, legit 6'5 swing man who can stick it and can pass. Was kept in a bubble over at Rutgers.

Except would he have to sit out 2 years or 1. Technically Rutgers is still part of the BE until July ? And is he a junior or senior. He always played good against us. Another one of the shooting NYC guards who we never seem to land.

First off there is no 2 year rule.  Intra conference transferring is not allowed period.

But assuming BE rules no longer count he would still have to sit a year.  People are assuming for some reason he can play next and I have no idea why.  Plus SJU has no schollie for him.

You have made it clear you don't think the RU kids will get to play immediately.  I think the circumstances will allow them to play.  Lets remember we are one year of passed legislation away from kids with good GPA's being able to transfer for free with no penalty.  So based on what happened at RU I see no reason NCAA will penalize these kids.

It has nothing to do with that.  Absent any real evidence the waiver will be granted or even seriously considered why would people write posts as if itvid a given.  It is all speculation.

Read the posts. There is no thought to even having to sit a year that's ridiculous.  It is not a given by any stretch.  I don't think people realize that until something else comes out the assumption is the rule applies.

What are you talking about?  I said 'I feel'.  Its what I feel.  Its my opinion.  Just as you can have one, and any other poster on this site or elsewhere.  You squash things way too quickly without seeing the entire picture.  The NCAA has made it easier for kids to transfer and will continue to.  RU will not want further bad press and we know the NCAA won't either.

I'm not saying Poole will be at STJ.  All I'm saying is I FEEL that these RU kids will get waiver to play immediately.  Not apples to apples but a comparison would be they waived the transfer rule for Baylor's kids back during the Bliss scandal.

I give up that is not what I said my original post went directly to Chilleb's post.

Then I felt the need to defend it because by implication I was told that my opinion was based on the notion I don't believe they deserve waivers.

Assuming you are not debating that then we have no issues

You have better memory than me.  I brought up Baylor.  Not apples to apples but a scandal involving a coach and the kids were given free waivers.  I'm sure there are better and more recent examples, no?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 03:30:35 PM »
Mike is also in great academic standing a waiver is inevitable , he's better than Norfolk.

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 03:46:08 PM »
Give me a good reason to go to St Johns of he's going to get Marco minutes?

boo3

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2013, 03:49:10 PM »
 No scholly for him, right?    I like him as a player, but I also like the current team, as constituted, going into next season. Only reason to bring Poole here is if you know for an fact that Harrison isn't coming back..which doesn't seem to be the case.

Chilleb

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2013, 03:53:04 PM »
why would he get Marco minutes Marco? Lol, but honestly there's be more wings ahead of him at Iona (politics) then St. John's. only Dom, and we all know how Doms consistency can be desireable at times. Picking him up makes me forget all about losing Amir.

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2013, 03:56:11 PM »
why would he get Marco minutes Marco? Lol, but honestly there's be more wings ahead of him at Iona (politics) then St. John's. only Dom, and we all know how Doms consistency can be desireable at times. Picking him up makes me forget all about losing Amir.

I can agree with that. Good stuff

MCNPA

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2013, 03:56:48 PM »

He definitely get more than Marco and split time with Dom.  He's a seasoned Big East wing who can do quite a few things.    Would people here  really be upset if we landed a solid veteran wing, something we're missing, in a season where we could make a deep tourney run?  If we had a ship and he could play this year I'd love to have him.  He's Harkless' best friend and no doubt SJU is involved even by mention because of that connection. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 03:58:39 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2013, 04:02:09 PM »
With Sam Sealy leaving the program, does that open up a "walk on" where maybe Marco or Hooper could slide?

just spinning the wheels with this one...

crgreen

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2013, 04:12:48 PM »
With Sam Sealy leaving the program, does that open up a "walk on" where maybe Marco or Hooper could slide?

just spinning the wheels with this one...

Is there a limit to the number of walkons?  I know there's a limit to number that can suit up for a game,  but not sure if there's an actual limit overall.

boo3

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2013, 04:19:38 PM »
 If there is a way to make it work without kicking someone off the team, go for it..

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2013, 05:33:57 PM »

He definitely get more than Marco and split time with Dom.  He's a seasoned Big East wing who can do quite a few things.    Would people here  really be upset if we landed a solid veteran wing, something we're missing, in a season where we could make a deep tourney run?  If we had a ship and he could play this year I'd love to have him.  He's Harkless' best friend and no doubt SJU is involved even by mention because of that connection. 

I'm not arguing at all. I'm just wondering if the kid has 1 year left, why go somewhere with talent ahead of you

Moose

« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2013, 05:34:42 PM »

I'm not arguing at all. I'm just wondering if the kid has 1 year left, why go somewhere with talent ahead of you

To win?

Marillac

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 05:43:25 PM »

I feel the same way.  I am not sure why he is getting so militant about this.  If we were only allowed to post facts, all sports sites would be shut down. 

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2013, 06:50:15 PM »

To win?

Maybe to watch?

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2013, 06:54:45 PM »
Should Kelvin Amayo be in eligible and Poole can play right away. That can be a nice scenario

Moose

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2013, 06:58:57 PM »
Should Kelvin Amayo be in eligible and Poole can play right away. That can be a nice scenario

Why would Kelvin be ineligible?

boo3

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 07:04:15 PM »
 He's visiting Iona tomorrow

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 07:04:26 PM »
If there is a way to make it work without kicking someone off the team, go for it..

There might be a way.