Fox Sports 1

• 186 replies

Moose

Fox Sports 1
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:51:44 PM »
I have no idea if this was posted in one of the other new BE/Commissioner threads.  But also figured the new channel needed its own thread-

CNBC's Jim Cramer yesterday morning said Wall Street analysts are "very excited" about the launch of FS1 and its potential for 21st Century Fox' stock. Cramer said, "I think ESPN has so much momentum right now this may not be as exciting as people think, but it's incredibly well run. These companies spew a lot of cash. I would never bet against (News Corp. Chair & CEO Rupert) Murdoch." But Cramer said he "believes very strongly this is the one," that FS1 will work and "even though I think ESPN is going to be triumphant, you're going to get a lot of money into this" ("Squawk on the Street," CNBC, 7/1). THESTREET.com's Robert Arenella reported 21st Century Fox yesterday "gained in its first trading day as a separately-owned company" after separating from parent company News Corp. Credit Suisse analysts said the company's expanded sports programming "will accelerate sales," with Fox "expected to outperform its peers ... as Fox Sports 1 and FXX take advantage of expanded international networks and the acquisition of programming." These investments will "weaken earnings before some costs growth by about 10% this year." However, the Credit Suisse analysts "expect these investments to yield solid long term returns, driving mid-teens total EBITDA growth in FY15-16E.'" 21st Century Fox is "forecast to offset current revenue weakness" with Fox' broadcast of the World Series and Super Bowl. Sports offerings are "expected to bring in 21% growth." Meanwhile, Fox execs see "lower costs and growth at their European sports broadcasting network; Sky Italia and SkyD" (THESTREET.com, 7/1).
Remember who broke the Slice news

sju89tr

Re: Fox Sports 1
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 09:28:21 PM »
Moose, any rumors who else is coming over to broadcast games?

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 06:32:08 PM »
does this mean we wont able to watch st.john's games on espn3.com now?, I was able to watch nearly all of st.john's games because of espn3.com and it would suck if fox1 doesn't offer something like espn does.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 06:32:37 PM by SweetnessCBA »

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 06:39:03 PM »
does this mean we wont able to watch st.john's games on espn3.com now?, I was able to watch nearly all of st.john's games because of espn3.com and it would suck if fox1 doesn't offer something like espn does.

Can I get FOX Sports 1 on my phone or tablet?
When FOX Sports 1 launches in August, we’ll also be releasing FOX Sports GO, a groundbreaking mobile sports experience for iPhone, iPad, Android devices and web. The app will offer more than 1,100 live games and events from across FOX Sports, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports’ 22 regional sports networks. It will also have scores, highlights, news, stats and analysis. Access to games and live events will be free to fans who receive their video programming from a participating cable, satellite or telephone company.

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 01:01:49 PM »
thank u

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 04:17:32 PM »

When FOX Sports 1 launches in August, we’ll also be releasing FOX Sports GO, a groundbreaking mobile sports experience for iPhone, iPad, Android devices and web. The app will offer more than 1,100 live games and events from across FOX Sports, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports’ 22 regional sports networks. It will also have scores, highlights, news, stats and analysis. Access to games and live events will be free to fans who receive their video programming from a participating cable, satellite or telephone company.

Will Dish have it?

Moose

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »

Will Dish have it?

Do you have the Speed Channel?  If so that will become Fox Sports 1.  And Fox Sports 2 will be the Fuel Channel shortly after.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 04:57:27 PM »

Will Dish have it?

Do you have the Speed Channel?  If so that will become Fox Sports 1.  And Fox Sports 2 will be the Fuel Channel shortly after.

I have Speed and Fuel.  Nice.

paultzman

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 11:03:36 AM »
“@StJohnsBBall: @STJCoachLavin in the :90 @FOXSports1 promo during the @AllStarGame broadcast on Tues., July 16: http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/FOX-Sports-Readies-to-Launch-FOX-SPORTS-1-20130709 #sjubb #stjbb”

paultzman

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 11:12:49 AM »
Preview w Lavs a bit;

“@GUHoya07: Check out your Hoyas featured in this @FoxSports1 commercial preview. Can't wait to see it during @MLB All Star Game! http://bit.ly/12DUF0b

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 12:04:36 PM »
Preview w Lavs a bit;

“@GUHoya07: Check out your Hoyas featured in this @FoxSports1 commercial preview. Can't wait to see it during @MLB All Star Game! http://bit.ly/12DUF0b

I didn't see lavs
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 12:08:51 PM »
Preview w Lavs a bit;

I didn't see lavs

1:36

redslope

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 12:15:57 PM »
Preview w Lavs a bit;

Thanks for posting--now I have a reason to watch the game

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 12:39:12 PM »
Not a big fan of Georgetown's actors celebrating a buzzer beater while the actors in our unis are on the floor in agony haha.

paultzman

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 12:44:44 PM »
Not a big fan of Georgetown's actors celebrating a buzzer beater while the actors in our unis are on the floor in agony haha.

Could have shown the beating Nate Lubick & teammates put on us last year.  :)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:45:07 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 02:56:50 PM »
Preview w Lavs a bit;

I didn't see lavs

1:36

Thanks paultz
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 02:01:12 PM »
“@QSTJHoops: YES Network reaches deal with FOX Sports, to televise limited #BigEast games. #stjbb #sjubb http://sbn.to/13DK2kn

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 02:04:46 PM »
I'm sure MSG and MSG+ will carry the bulk of our non-national games since they have an affiliation with Fox Sports.

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2013, 12:49:13 AM »
I'm sure MSG and MSG+ will carry the bulk of our non-national games since they have an affiliation with Fox Sports.

Sure hope not MSG & + have no West Coast presents

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 02:16:01 AM »

Sure hope not MSG & + have no West Coast presents

You would be able to get the games online on the west coast. Like games in previous years would be on MSG/SNY but still viewable on ESPN3.