Fox Sports 1

• 186 replies
Re: Fox Sports 1
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2013, 08:06:54 PM »
“@GeoffShac: Breaking: USGA signs 12 year deal with Fox Sports 1 to televise USGA events. I’m floored on too many levels for Twitter. More later…”

My guess is that does not include their signature event, the US Open Men's Championship.  That I am sure is still going to be televised by ESPN and NBC.

It does include US Open.

“@FOXSports: JUST IN: You'll start seeing @USOPENGOLF on FOX Sports and @FOXSports1 in 2015. Welcome, @USGA. http://bit.ly/14lr4MU

WOW!!!  That is HUGE!!!!

So does Fox Sports 1 and FOX the network get the weekday/weekend coverage like ESPN/NBC use to as well?

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2013, 09:08:58 PM »
So funny I was just watching Live at the PGA on Golf Channel and as they signed off on their live coverage at 9 host Rich Lerner gave a little editorial on this announcement.

He said he welcomed Fox Sports into the world of golf coverage but then proceeded to rip the USGA for showing poor judgement in making this announcement on the eve of another golfing body, PGA of America, about to showcase their signature event the PGA Championship.  In other words the USGA showed a lack of class in not waiting to make the announcement.

For the record NBC/Universal owns The Golf Channel so I am sure they are none to happy about their parent company losing the US Open.

tnice

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2013, 11:27:52 PM »
“@GeoffShac: Breaking: USGA signs 12 year deal with Fox Sports 1 to televise USGA events. I’m floored on too many levels for Twitter. More later…”

My guess is that does not include their signature event, the US Open Men's Championship.  That I am sure is still going to be televised by ESPN and NBC.

It does include US Open.

“@FOXSports: JUST IN: You'll start seeing @USOPENGOLF on FOX Sports and @FOXSports1 in 2015. Welcome, @USGA. http://bit.ly/14lr4MU

WOW!!!  That is HUGE!!!!

So does Fox Sports 1 and FOX the network get the weekday/weekend coverage like ESPN/NBC use to as well?

Fox gets everything. Total bombshell. But another great sign that "our" network is going for ESPN's (and others) throat.

desco80

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2013, 11:44:11 PM »
Is there going to be a FOx Sports2 ?  It seems like they'll have more than enough programming for multiple cable channels, in addition to whatever they put on the regular network. 

Also, this is just my opinion, but I think fox sports is going to make its fair share of mistakes these next two years.   Eventually theyll get it down, but there is a level of institutional knowledge that has been built up by NBC, espn, CBS etc.   even if the on air talent is experienced, that's not the same as Jim nance doing the same tournament with the same producers and cameramen for 10+ years.   
Anybody who saw the fox college football pregame show last fall. It's Erin Andrews, Eddie George, and Joey Harrington, knows what I'm talking about. 

And their coverage of basketball won't be any different.   There are bound to be some issues this year that look amature to us, because we're used to seeing espn and CBS. 

Moose

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2013, 11:50:02 PM »
Is there going to be a FOx Sports2 ?  It seems like they'll have more than enough programming for multiple cable channels, in addition to whatever they put on the regular network. 

Also, this is just my opinion, but I think fox sports is going to make its fair share of mistakes these next two years.   Eventually theyll get it down, but there is a level of institutional knowledge that has been built up by NBC, espn, CBS etc.   even if the on air talent is experienced, that's not the same as Jim nance doing the same tournament with the same producers and cameramen for 10+ years.   
Anybody who saw the fox college football pregame show last fall. It's Erin Andrews, Eddie George, and Joey Harrington, knows what I'm talking about. 

And their coverage of basketball won't be any different.   There are bound to be some issues this year that look amature to us, because we're used to seeing espn and CBS. 

Fuel is going to be FS2. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fuel-tv-brands-fox-sports-204158147--mma.html
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »
Distribution figures for U.S. cable networks during the month of August show that FS1 could launch in 85.8 million homes when it replaces Speed on Aug. 17. That figure would put the net just ahead of Golf Channel in terms of distribution. FS2 also is set to replace Fuel TV soon and could be in around 37.7 million homes. NBC Sports Network also will begin its first season of EPL coverage later this month, with the net in 77.7 million U.S. homes. CNBC, in 96.2 million homes in August, will also air EPL games this season as part of the new deal. The PGA Championship gets under way today from Rochester, N.Y., and TNT -- which has the early rounds -- is in 98.1 million homes this month, down from 98.9 million at the same point last year. ESPN is in 97.7 million homes in August, the net's lowest distribution mark since September '08.

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2013, 09:49:13 PM »

Here's some sobering news for those of you who subscribe to Cablevision (now Optimum)
I just spoke with a representative about the new Fox Sports 1 and 2
Fox Sports 1 will be available at no additional cost
In order to get Fox Sports 2, you will either have to purchase their "Gold" (highest) package or a separate sports package
This is BS, considering they recently added a $2.98/month sports programming surcharge for everyone!!

Moose

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2013, 09:55:13 PM »

Here's some sobering news for those of you who subscribe to Cablevision (now Optimum)
I just spoke with a representative about the new Fox Sports 1 and 2
Fox Sports 1 will be available at no additional cost
In order to get Fox Sports 2, you will either have to purchase their "Gold" (highest) package or a separate sports package
This is BS, considering they recently added a $2.98/month sports programming surcharge for everyone!!

Thats the case right now.  Currently Fuel is only in about 30M homes.  The focus is on FS1 out of the gate and they need to sure up those new rates before they start charging a new price for FS2 to carriers.  As for the sports package I never understood sports fans who dont like having to pay an extra 5-10 a month for a sports package.  That being said I'm the first one who thinks there should be a la carte cable systems but still.  Everyone loves movies but you don't get HBO for free.

desco80

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2013, 11:16:31 PM »
Redzone channel alone makes the sports package worth it in my opinion.
The fact that I get the Big10, Pac12, fishing, tennis channels etc is just gravy. 

Moose

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2013, 05:19:43 PM »
From Sports Business Journal-

Comcast, Cablevision, Charter, Cox, Verizon, AT&T and Suddenlink -- distributors that account for nearly 45 million subscribers -- have committed to carry FS1 on its Aug. 17 launch. That leaves DirecTV, Dish Network, Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks -- accounting for more than 47 million subscribers -- as the distributors that do not have deals in place for FS1 yet even though its launch date is just five days away. All four distributors are in active negotiations for FS1, sources say. (Time Warner Cable handles programming negotiations for Bright House.) When Fox announced the channel earlier this year, it said it planned to launch FS1 into 90 million homes.

Marillac

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2013, 07:13:37 PM »
Come one Direct TV...do the right thing!

Moose

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2013, 07:18:15 PM »

Speed channel was like .25 cents.  They are trying to get FS1 up toward .80 to $1.  Big gap there so no shock negotiations are taking time.

Moose

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2013, 07:38:38 PM »
Notice the FS1 is coming ads behind the plate on the Yankee telecast tonight.  Fox of course owns a considerable portion of YES as well as many other regional nets.  Nice promotion.

Marillac

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »

Speed channel was like .25 cents.  They are trying to get FS1 up toward .80 to $1.  Big gap there so no shock negotiations are taking time.

I am actually very confident there will be a deal in place by the 17th with Direct TV.  FS1 is big-time.

Dan

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2013, 08:19:41 PM »
For Direct TV, do you think we'll all have to pay extra or will it come with a certain package?

Marillac

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2013, 08:23:30 PM »
For Direct TV, do you think we'll all have to pay extra or will it come with a certain package?

I think it will be on the same level as what ESPN is now.  FS1 is going to be huge...I love the way they approaching this.

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2013, 08:25:06 PM »
i agree.  fox is replacing current stations with its new product.  it would be bad business to cut viewers.

desco80

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2013, 09:02:59 AM »
As a Time Warner customer, I have very little confidence that I'll be watching fs1 next week.   (Nor CBS for that matter)

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2013, 09:07:35 AM »
Drop TWC.  They think they're the only game in town.