Fox Sports 1

• 186 replies
Re: Fox Sports 1
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »
get fios if you can. they are a little more expensive but better than time warner.

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2013, 12:10:54 PM »
Verizon Fios, anybody?  ???

Moose

« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2013, 12:11:55 PM »

Are you asking if they are good or FS1 will be on there.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2013, 12:26:24 PM »

I used to have TWC. Made the switch to Fios 2 years ago and love it. And yes, FS1 will be on Fios this Saturday.

« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2013, 04:43:57 PM »
get fios if you can. they are a little more expensive but better than time warner.

I'm making the switch on Sunday.  However, it's not gonna be more expensive for me.  I'll actually be saving about $50/month.

Moose

« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2013, 04:49:55 PM »

I'm making the switch on Sunday.  However, it's not gonna be more expensive for me.  I'll actually be saving about $50/month.

At first it wont be.  One you pass their 2 yr window most likely it will even out.

« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2013, 07:46:02 PM »

At first it wont be.  One you pass their 2 yr window most likely it will even out.

Absolutely Moose. Its like car insurance...save initially until price creep sets in

Moose

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2013, 07:53:57 PM »

Absolutely Moose. Its like car insurance...save initially until price creep sets in

I switched to Fios I'd say 3 years ago.  Was price locked for 2 yrs then last year it jumped.  Starting my 4th year with them and I noticed it jumped again.  I could switch for less but why bother with the hassle.  I might call them on a bad day and complain a bit and maybe get some kind of credit or perk.  But the service is great so I don't mind the price so much.

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2013, 09:24:50 PM »
What the reck is going on here my FIOS is about to run out 24 months. When I down to 60 day I'll inform them  I want the current consection they are giving or else I'm going to another provided

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2013, 10:09:36 PM »
What the reck is going on here my FIOS is about to run out 24 months. When I down to 60 day I'll inform them  I want the current consection they are giving or else I'm going to another provided

Fios didn't let me extend the promotional rate..  Comcast always let me extend their deal but I switched to FIOS for 2 years and they refused to budge on extending their deal.  So I switched back to Comcast and hated it.  I waited the year and have switched back to FIOS again.  Its worth the extra money.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2013, 02:13:09 AM »

Was asking but now it has been asked and answered. My aunt and uncle bounce back and forth between Fios and cablevision taking advantage of lower prices and perks offered. My aunt actually tells me she refuses to agree to their one or two year commitments and gets away with it (maybe because they are elderly and tell them they don't think they will be around long enough to fulfill the contract).  :)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:14:07 AM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2013, 03:51:53 AM »

I switched to Fios I'd say 3 years ago.  Was price locked for 2 yrs then last year it jumped.  Starting my 4th year with them and I noticed it jumped again.  I could switch for less but why bother with the hassle.  I might call them on a bad day and complain a bit and maybe get some kind of credit or perk.  But the service is great so I don't mind the price so much.

ur absolutely right moose...these guys will throw promotional codes at u if u call them up and bargain with them...even though those promotional codes are usually reserved for new customers.  it may not be worth it for u...but for others out there a half hour phone call saves me about $30 a month...fwiw.

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2013, 04:04:54 AM »

Fios didn't let me extend the promotional rate..  Comcast always let me extend their deal but I switched to FIOS for 2 years and they refused to budge on extending their deal.  So I switched back to Comcast and hated it.  I waited the year and have switched back to FIOS again.  Its worth the extra money.

hey jj...a little friendly advice...who u talk to on the other end makes all the difference in the world.  when i get someone difficult, i just call back...and nine times out of ten the next person is far more cooperative.  when u get a nice person on the line, just be friendly and honest, ask them if they have any promotional codes or value customer credits, and they will hook u up.  no hassle at all.  at least thats been my experience with them.

paultzman

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2013, 06:41:16 PM »
“@JBFlint: Fox Sports 1 will be on TW Cable, DirecTV & Dish when it premieres although other details have to be hammered out. http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-fox-sports-distribution-20130814,0,5466870.story

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2013, 09:18:32 PM »

hey jj...a little friendly advice...who u talk to on the other end makes all the difference in the world.  when i get someone difficult, i just call back...and nine times out of ten the next person is far more cooperative.  when u get a nice person on the line, just be friendly and honest, ask them if they have any promotional codes or value customer credits, and they will hook u up.  no hassle at all.  at least thats been my experience with them.

I tried 3 different people with no luck.  All gave me the same line.  My account must have been flagged :)

« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2013, 09:27:55 PM »

All you have to do is tell the verizon person who is on the phone with you to put you through to the department that handles disconnections. Tell them you plan on canceling your service and going whatever other cable company covers you.

The floodgates will then open and you will get much better rate etc. They lowered my bill 2 years ago to the original promo rate and they sent me a $300 gift card in the mail and locked me for 2 more years. My promotion should be ending any month now and I'll do the exact same thing.

The people who handle canceling service seem to have more juice than the original people who answer the calls at verizon

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2013, 09:37:13 PM »

All you have to do is tell the verizon person who is on the phone with you to put you through to the department that handles disconnections. Tell them you plan on canceling your service and going whatever other cable company covers you.

The floodgates will then open and you will get much better rate etc. They lowered my bill 2 years ago to the original promo rate and they sent me a $300 gift card in the mail and locked me for 2 more years. My promotion should be ending any month now and I'll do the exact same thing.

The people who handle canceling service seem to have more juice than the original people who answer the calls at verizon

We canceled TWC two days ago and received no resistance.  Three yrs and $7,000 later, not even an offer of free HBO for a month... 

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2013, 09:43:52 PM »

We canceled TWC two days ago and received no resistance.  Three yrs and $7,000 later, not even an offer of free HBO for a month... 
That's crazy. Verizon calls me all the time with free offers of hbo etc for 6 or 12 months and I turn it down because I just binge watch shows usually because of my schedule and my fiancee is able to get the shows we want to watch if netflix doesnt have them

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2013, 09:48:30 PM »

They wouldn't budge for me.  It always worked with Comcast but when I tried with Verizon they refused...no matter who  I talked to.

Of course 3 weeks after I switched to Comcast I got offers to come back to Verizon.

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2013, 09:55:54 PM »

They wouldn't budge for me.  It always worked with Comcast but when I tried with Verizon they refused...no matter who  I talked to.

Of course 3 weeks after I switched to Comcast I got offers to come back to Verizon.
did you tell the person you wanted to speak to the dept that handles service cancellations ?

Will be interesting when my rate expires. Because I wont hesitate to switch since cablevision offers deals with no time period contracts.

They were in my neighborhood last month offering to buy me out of my current contract and offered me all kinds of crazy stuff. dvr free for year plus free hbo and showtime etc for a year plus slightly better rate than what I pay now. But I didnt feel like dealing with it. Since my monthly bill was only going to go maybe $10 lower than what I pay now.