Twitter and our Players

• 47 replies
Twitter and our Players
« on: July 14, 2013, 02:09:49 AM »
I think someone has to monitor what are players are saying on twitter. They are representing the University and somethings shouldn't be said or discussed. Just my opinion

Moose

Re: Twitter and our Players
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 02:25:43 AM »
I think someone has to monitor what are players are saying on twitter. They are representing the University and somethings shouldn't be said or discussed. Just my opinion

It's not hard to wonder who your are talking about. Curious to see how he survives once the season ban goes into effect
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 02:29:48 AM »
Examples?

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 07:38:15 AM »
Agree with these sentiments.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 08:44:53 AM »

I think you're right, but for the most part it's a bunch of guys complaining about how you can't trust women. The language some choose to use is a sign of immaturity. But if you follow a 17 year old, get used to it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:46:05 AM by Poison »

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 09:53:18 AM »
I have no idea what you guys are referring to...

boo3

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 12:08:16 PM »
Obekpa tweeted something really stupid after the Zimmerman verdict.  It's still on his timeline..  I won't post it.

In light of some recent incidents with athletes, it wasn't very smart IMO.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 12:14:41 PM »
These 17 year olds are representations of the University and are actually public figures,especially in New York City. Describing some of their posts as vulgarity is putting it lightly. It's incredible more hasn't been done to monitor them at this point.

Also, Twitter is the least of my concerns...Instagram is a whole new ball game of bad.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 12:15:37 PM by steveyl15 »

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 01:57:47 PM »
Nothing good comes from these guys being on Twitter or social media generally.  Even for them, there is nothing to gain and much to lose.

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 02:50:48 PM »
Stupid comment, just as bad as victor cruz.....but expected, just look at his tweets while we were recruiting him.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:52:24 PM by erickthered »

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 03:27:58 PM »
One dumb tweet out of many good ones.

Moose

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 03:41:37 PM »
Interesting how I wasn't even referring to Obekpa because I didn't see what he say.

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 04:00:54 PM »
Interesting how I wasn't even referring to Obekpa because I didn't see what he say.

Sheed doesn't tweet enough for you?  :)

Chris joins about 1,000 other higher profile college and pro athletes that need to use better judgement.  Sweet kid who said something stupid.  Nobody here has ever said something they regret at 19...

Fratto thinks he invented Twitter.  I'm sure he's all over it.

Foad

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 04:09:39 PM »
Sweet kid who said something stupid.  Nobody here has ever said something they regret at 19...

Why do you find him sweet? I find him pretty chippy and hate his stupid phony grin. Sweet doesn't enter into it. What evidence is there that he thinks what he said was stupid or regrets saying that someone should be "shot in the head"?

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 04:16:02 PM »
Sweet kid who said something stupid.  Nobody here has ever said something they regret at 19...

Why do you find him sweet? I find him pretty chippy and hate his stupid phony grin. Sweet doesn't enter into it. What evidence is there that he thinks what he said was stupid or regrets saying that someone should be "shot in the head"?

Obviously stupid to tweet that, but basically he is saying that a murderer should be killed, not just "someone." It was a tweet out of emotion. I know tons of people who feel the same way as Chris. Although I'm surprised he hasn't deleted it yet.

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 04:41:13 PM »

I've had three interactions with CO.  Including one where he let my 2yr old ride on his shoulders for about 5 minutes.  He is a delightful, genuine kid who tweeted something reprehensible. 

The fact you hate how a 19 year old smiles is sad, and mostly pathetic.

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 05:21:07 PM »
Thank you!!

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 05:42:33 PM »
I really hope all the players adhere to the social media ban that comes with the season. Honestly, if some sort of sanction came as a result of social media, I'd only have the staff to blame for that. This is very avoidable.

Moose

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 05:45:39 PM »
I really hope all the players adhere to the social media ban that comes with the season. Honestly, if some sort of sanction came as a result of social media, I'd only have the staff to blame for that. This is very avoidable.

All players do adhere to it since Lavin has implemented it.

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 05:50:40 PM »
Moose, you are spot on with that. However, there is a new player (his identity is obvious) who is VERY into social media. There is a lot of positive that comes with this activity, but there's also a lot of trouble. If the new addition can adhere to the ban, I'd be very impressed and it would save a lot of trouble.