European Game 2 vs. Evreux

• 82 replies
Re: European Game 2 vs. Evreux
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2013, 09:12:32 AM »
“@StJohnsBBall: That's a final from Paris. Evreux 85, #SJUBB 61. Game totals and leaders coming up.”

Thank you so much for letting me follow the game on the JohnnyJungle website! You did an amazing job!

I can't believe we lost by 24 points. This was a bad outing any way you look at it. I just don't know what we did on D from a strategy perspective.

Ok I will stop bugging you guys. I am just the jinx here.

It was a bad outing, from what I've read, but you have to remember that one, these are not college guys we're playing. They're pros. They may not be the best pros in the world, but they are still pros. I'm glad we had a chance to see where we stand against season physical players. And 2, clearly we have work to do. If we played these euro teams and houses all of them, there would have been no point in going, except for well going to France, Italy and Spain which is awesome in its own right.

Lavin needs these kids to really buy into his system, and work on what he thinks they need to work on. A loss now can help them all focus on what they need to do to get better. That should be the point of going. To see where we are. It's a clear advantage over other BE teams.

Thanks...some really fair points you make. Better now then against Wisky. :)

I think my expectations are so high that disappointment was inevitable.

Have a safe and beautiful day. Just wanted to win that game. I really dislike zone type defenses in general.

Poison

« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2013, 12:48:24 PM »
“@StJohnsBBall: That's a final from Paris. Evreux 85, #SJUBB 61. Game totals and leaders coming up.”

Thank you so much for letting me follow the game on the JohnnyJungle website! You did an amazing job!

I can't believe we lost by 24 points. This was a bad outing any way you look at it. I just don't know what we did on D from a strategy perspective.

It was a bad outing, from what I've read, but you have to remember that one, these are not college guys we're playing. They're pros. They may not be the best pros in the world, but they are still pros. I'm glad we had a chance to see where we stand against season physical players. And 2, clearly we have work to do. If we played these euro teams and houses all of them, there would have been no point in going, except for well going to France, Italy and Spain which is awesome in its own right.

Lavin needs these kids to really buy into his system, and work on what he thinks they need to work on. A loss now can help them all focus on what they need to do to get better. That should be the point of going. To see where we are. It's a clear advantage over other BE teams.

Have a safe and beautiful day. Just wanted to win that game. I really dislike zone type defenses in general.

I hear ya. I hate the zone too. If we played man, maybe it would have been different. Harrison and Branch have had time to learn the zone, yet they were in foul trouble all game. I think if this group doesn't show that thry excel in a zone, they should cut it and man up.

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2013, 12:16:00 AM »

Spot on with comment re: challenge of college players going up against pros...it is why our pros now go to the olympics