Re: Tyshawn Edmondson commits to SJU
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 05:28:45 PM »
We have two point guards atleast
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 09:35:09 AM by kjd01067 »

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 05:33:47 PM »
Now he looks like a sleeper from his internet videos

A PG with height & scoring ability just what the Doctor ordered

Seems to be the opposite of Malik Boothe which would allow us to play different style this season

What a difference a week makes, for St.Johns fans
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

kjd01067

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 05:35:04 PM »
http://redstormsports.cstv.com/sports/m ... 08aab.html

TyShwan Edmondson To Bolster St. John's Basketball Backcourt In 2008-09

Norm Roberts inks second guard this week for the Red Storm men's team.

April 30, 2008

QUEENS, N.Y. - St. John's head men's basketball coach Norm Roberts announced the signing of the second high school guard this week, TyShwan Edmondson (Hopkinsville, Ky.), to a national letter of intent to join the Red Storm for the 2008-09 season.

"TyShwan will give us great minutes at the point and solid minutes off the ball as well, because he is a quality scorer," said Roberts. "He will help us on the defensive end with his length and quickness, and we are very excited to add him to our backcourt."

Edmondson, a 6-4, 175-pound dynamic playmaking guard from University Heights Academy in Hopkinsville, Ky., is a lightning-quick floor leader with the ability to score in transition, create his own shot, score off his defense and set up his teammates. He comes from the same high school program as former St. John's player Sergio Luyk (1991-95), who passed away recently in Spain.

A first team all-state selection by the Louisville Courier-Journal and the Kentucky Herald Leader, and a second team honoree according to the Associated Press, Edmondson averaged 18.4 points per game, 6.7 rebounds, 4.3 assists and 2.7 steals as a senior at UHA. He keyed the Blazers to a 30-5 record in 2007-08, leading UHA to the Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA) District 8 and Region 2 championship, before reaching the KHSAA Sweet Sixteen in the large school state tournament and taking the title among the smaller schools in the Kentucky All "A" Tournament.

After being named the Kentucky All "A" Tournament's most valuable player, Edmondson was selected to participate in the Kentucky-Ohio All-Star game, where he won the dunk contest and scored 14 points for his home state's squad on April 13.

"St. John's is getting a quality person that will represent the program well in the classroom, on campus and on the basketball court," said UHA high school coach Randy McKoy. "His upside is tremendous. He was a great high school player in the state of Kentucky, and at the next level with a structured weight program, he will really excel."

On Tuesday, Roberts and the Red Storm announced the signing of combo guard and all-state selection Quincy Roberts (Harrisburg, Pa./Harrisburg) to a NLI as well. Roberts and Edmondson should both give St. John's talented options in the backcourt in 2008-09.

Check back with RedStormSports.com, the home of St. John's Basketball on the Internet, for the latest Spring NLI updates.

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 05:39:11 PM »
How tall is this Kid I heard 6-1 to 6-4 , that makes a huge difference

Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 05:48:31 PM »
two pg's.  good.  still can't say i'm exicited though.

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 05:55:58 PM »
Anbdy see the brother play? Unfortunate the 4 dont go out to Louisville.

Interestin to see if he can handle the point when the time come.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 06:07:39 PM »
http://www.kentucky.com/275/story/374854.html

Tyshwan Edmondson: University Heights teammate Scotty Hopson got more headlines and drew more college scouts, but Edmondson showed plenty of game for the Blazers.

The 6-4 senior guard averaged 18 points, 8.1 rebounds and 4.1 assists. He also led the team in steals and hit 40 percent of his three-pointers.

When UHA won the All "A" Classic, Edmondson was voted MVP of the small-school state

His highlights definitely show he's an athlete...good to know he connected on 40% of his 3's too

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 06:08:40 PM »
How tall is this Kid I heard 6-1 to 6-4 , that makes a huge difference

seems to be closer to 6'4" than 6'1" based on what I've read.

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 06:11:38 PM »
Anbdy see the brother play? Unfortunate the 4 dont go out to Louisville.

Interestin to see if he can handle the point when the time come.

here's some highlights...looks like he has some handle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SzhVABhiaY

Randomhero423

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 06:19:55 PM »
his coach said with a good weight program he should be real good.  hopefully he as good work ethic.

Thomas Olik

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 08:00:07 PM »
Looks like a great pick up.

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 01:05:08 AM »
I'm a little worried with this kid being 175 and Quincy being 185 according to scout. Hopefully they can be like another hopelessly skinny kid, my favorite Rookie of the Year (btw I had to start liking Durant because I knew we might never get another NBA player again as long as my boy Norm is around...hopefully I'm wrong or more likely the situation is fixed ASAP!!)

gonzalo

Re: Tyshwan Edmondson commits to SJU
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 04:35:21 AM »
Welcome and good luck.

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 07:34:13 AM »
I'm a little worried with this kid being 175 and Quincy being 185 according to scout. Hopefully they can be like another hopelessly skinny kid, my favorite Rookie of the Year (btw I had to start liking Durant because I knew we might never get another NBA player again as long as my boy Norm is around...hopefully I'm wrong or more likely the situation is fixed ASAP!!)

Weight aint all that. Kenny Anderson and Malik Sealy was dominent college ballers and they was usually the skinniest brothers on the floor. 

Not sayin these two in the same league. Don't even know nuf bout them and I certainly dont go by no highlight reel. That was the case, evrybdy be a superstar. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 07:36:44 AM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 09:05:21 AM »
Welcome to St. John's Ty.

I know I am happy that we got another PG.