Season Tickets question...

• 11 replies
Season Tickets question...
« on: September 25, 2013, 03:16:32 PM »
I live in the DC area now and I'm thinking about ordering 2 season tickets today. Do you guys think I can recoup some of the cost back for the games I don't go to pretty easily? Or does it just make sense to buy tickets to the 5 or 6 games I make it to? Thanks in advance.

Tha Kid

Re: Season Tickets question...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 03:18:04 PM »
I live in the DC area now and I'm thinking about ordering 2 season tickets today. Do you guys think I can recoup some of the cost back for the games I don't go to pretty easily? Or does it just make sense to buy tickets to the 5 or 6 games I make it to? Thanks in advance.

Personally I'd just buy your 5-6 games.  It's hard to scalp above face (or even at face) if you are at MSG, and certainly not at CA.  Doing it by stubhub, etc.? Forget about it.  Maybe if they were a top 10 team for sure, but not right now...
"I drink and I know things"

Moose

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 03:57:49 PM »
Yeah and you can probably sit in front of season ticket holders too!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 03:57:59 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 04:13:03 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. Yea I was thinking just stubhub to sell the game I dont go to, or just checking on here for people who want tickets cheap or free at times even. I'm definitely not trying to make money off the season tickets, just dont want to be wasteful either.

Moose - I heard that problem has existed for a long time, seems crazy to me. Hopefully, they correct that finally.

I spoke to the ticket office and they said mini packages will go on sale October 1st, so I might wait and see what types of options they have. Thanks again.

CC

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 04:36:51 PM »
Buy the mini plans, they nornally go on sale late Oct/ early Nov.

desco80

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 10:03:22 AM »
Honestly, if you're not going to make it to the Syracuse game you can recoup 1/3 of your season cost by selling the tickets to just that game.

Now, for most of us that is a must attend game.   And, in some ways you're aiding the enemy.
So use that information carefully

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 10:08:40 AM »
No, I would never sell tickets to that game. I will definitely be at that one. If I couldnt make it, I would offer them on here or eat the cost before giving them to a Syracuse fan. I like the idea of having the ability to get big east tournament tickets first and NCAA tickets (fingers crossed) as well.

gman

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 10:30:14 AM »
Buy the mini plans, they nornally go on sale late Oct/ early Nov.

What mini packages? I don't recall seeing them in recent years. I just buy on stub hub for a fraction of the price and sit in the seats behind paultzman

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
These are the mini packages they offered last year:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/stjo/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/MiniPlans.pdf

I called the ticket office yesterday and they said mini packages for this year will go on sale 10/1.

derk

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 11:41:30 AM »
No, I would never sell tickets to that game. I will definitely be at that one. If I couldnt make it, I would offer them on here or eat the cost before giving them to a Syracuse fan. I like the idea of having the ability to get big east tournament tickets first and NCAA tickets (fingers crossed) as well.

That's what I like to hear. For many years I had an extra seat for almost every game. Couldn't give the dam thing away so I ate it rather then put it in the hands of the enemy.

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 06:08:06 PM »
I believe the tickets went out today.  Pretty excited for this season to start what with the giants being horrible

gman

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »
These are the mini packages they offered last year:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/stjo/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/MiniPlans.pdf

I called the ticket office yesterday and they said mini packages for this year will go on sale 10/1.

Ah didn't know those were around but I still paid less per game on stubhub