Midnight Madness

• 137 replies

Moose

Re: Midnight Madness
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 10:20:28 PM »
Lloyd Banks would be prefect

He was at a CA game last year or the year before.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 10:31:45 PM »
Why do we always have DJ Zeke? I understand that most of these "special guest" don't come for solely the money. A lot of bigger schools have radio stations on hand at the event which brings in the guest in large part due to the relationships with the station and dj's. NYC has two of the most popular hip hop stations in the country & I think it would be a great idea for SJU to use this to their advantage. Not only would it probably bring a more high profile guest in, but it would also get the word out around the city and build a relationship with St. Johns and the station. Recruits, especially city recruits would love to see some of the high profile DJs from power 105 or hot 97

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 10:32:50 PM »

He was at a CA game last year or the year before.

Yeah he's a fan of the team, from Queens and is popular enough to create a buzz, perfect match in my eyes

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 10:34:13 PM »
Why do we always have DJ Zeke? I understand that most of these "special guest" don't come for solely the money. A lot of bigger schools have radio stations on hand at the event which brings in the guest in large part due to the relationships with the station and dj's. NYC has two of the most popular hip hop stations in the country & I think it would be a great idea for SJU to use this to their advantage. Not only would it probably bring a more high profile guest in, but it would also get the word out around the city and build a relationship with St. Johns and the station. Recruits, especially city recruits would love to see some of the high profile DJs from power 105 or hot 97

I think DJ Zeke is an alum. Didn't they have one of the radio DJ's a few years ago. I dont remember which DJ it was but there is one who is a fan of the team and started bragging about them on the air

LJSA

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2013, 12:22:13 AM »
Maybe Kanye can come and bring Jesus with him. I'm sure that would go over well.

I'll settle for Kim

I'm warming up my spanking hand and getting ready to book my flight if it happens.

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2013, 10:32:57 AM »
DJ Zeke is an alum.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 10:33:25 AM by texasstj »

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2013, 10:57:24 AM »

I would prefer Charles Lloyd and Tony Banks.  But you can't go by me.

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2013, 11:08:14 AM »
maybe 50 will show up, him and Repole are tight?

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2013, 11:22:12 AM »
I think it is going to be Ciera.

Had TI but St. John's wouldn't sign off on it because of his record.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

desco80

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 01:03:10 PM »

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2013, 01:34:05 PM »
I think it is going to be Ciera.

Had TI but St. John's wouldn't sign off on it because of his record.

Damn TI would have been nice. If we can afford him I wonder why we don't try to get j cole. Or maybe they have and got turned down.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2013, 11:33:58 PM »
More info...

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/102113aaf.html

Huh, I wonder who those surprise alumni guests could be...Personally I would be happy with DJ, but here's hoping its someone a little bigger. I guess all the recent guys like him and Hardy etc are playing so they wouldnt be there...

Poison

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2013, 11:59:12 PM »
More info...

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/102113aaf.html

Huh, I wonder who those surprise alumni guests could be...Personally I would be happy with DJ, but here's hoping its someone a little bigger. I guess all the recent guys like him and Hardy etc are playing so they wouldnt be there...

Gotta wonder if that video of Mullin shooting threes that went viral has inspired him to come home for the weekend and show everyone how it's done. Maybe Jayson Williams? What is he doing now?

NYCoffey

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 11:29:13 AM »
Any word on Recruits attending?  I think Briscoe is going to be there, but haven't heard of any others.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2013, 12:23:35 AM »
What about the Cope from Q104, he can invite his brothe Nick Cage. SJU can brag that they brought Ghost Rider to their midnight madness. Better yet let see if cage can bring in his Uncle Francis Ford Copela and we can make this event classy God Father style and then brag  how we are going to Apocalspe now Syracuse and the rest of the Big East this year. If people don't get that then their lost it in translation...
Cougar O' Malley

Wods317

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2013, 09:18:54 AM »
Was told the midnight madness act is going to Lupe Fiasco. Pretty disappointing again, hasn't had a relevant song in quite a while.

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2013, 11:34:56 AM »
saw him a couple years back with kid cudi he is solid in concert.

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2013, 12:14:08 PM »
Was told the midnight madness act is going to Lupe Fiasco. Pretty disappointing again, hasn't had a relevant song in quite a while.

I actually think he's a pretty good choice.

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »
I thought he's a great choice. He is a big time artist.

gman

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2013, 01:19:57 PM »

Really dissapointex? Seems like a pretty solid choice to me.