Humboldt State Game

• 114 replies
Re: Humboldt State Game
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2013, 06:46:19 AM »
“@Kieran_Lynch: "Kids that didn't get in are redshirting." Lavin. Elaborated that Lipscomb, Balamou redshirting. Jones up in the air. #sjubb”

Lipscomb paying for that extra year out of his own pocket?

Didn't know walkons could redshirt ha

Maybe that keeps him around to keep Daniel Giddens happy :)

That's what I'm thinking, especially if Lipscomb's Dad is in on the plan.

Poison

« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2013, 07:56:30 AM »
Sampson is a hot mess. He goes up weak, and ugly. Seems like he's regressed. Hope he figured it out soon.

It looks like Samspon has been working on his shot. I no longer see a hitch prior to his release. It may take some time for him to get comfortable with it, good thing he has 4 years of eligibility.

But didn't you hear, he's going to the NBA next season?

DFF6

« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2013, 08:12:26 AM »
Sampson is a hot mess. He goes up weak, and ugly. Seems like he's regressed. Hope he figured it out soon.

It looks like Samspon has been working on his shot. I no longer see a hitch prior to his release. It may take some time for him to get comfortable with it, good thing he has 4 years of eligibility.

I like Sampson, but nothing about his game thus far screams NBA to me.  And by season's end, he might very well be overshadowed by both Sanchez and Obekpa for NBA draft consideration.  A lot can happen in a season, so we'll see, but I don't see Sampson making the jump before his junior year.   

Poison

« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2013, 08:24:49 AM »

I like Sampson, but nothing about his game thus far screams NBA to me.  And by season's end, he might very well be overshadowed by both Sanchez and Obekpa for NBA draft consideration.  A lot can happen in a season, so we'll see, but I don't see Sampson making the jump before his junior year.   

Actually, I don't see him making it at all.

« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2013, 09:34:32 AM »

Actually, I don't see him making it at all.

If he doesn't, is the staff to blame?

« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2013, 09:53:07 AM »
sampson  himself would be to blame.  however be patient as this is only his second college year [tho he is older] and let big man coach childs, jim whitesell and rico help him work on his shooting technique and left hand going forward.

« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2013, 01:11:01 PM »
Wish this game counted toward my fantasy league, I've got Pointer and Sanchez. Love me some versatility.

Where do you find college fantasy? Or is it a private thing.

This is the first year some guys on the HolyLandofHoops website organized it using the fantrax site (www.fantrax.com). Not sure how easy it is to set up, but you can create your own league there and it's free. It's just a ten team league, seems like it's going to be fun.

Thanks Hoya, very cool. Im guessing you guy did just bigeast? Out of curiosity where did your man deangelo go?

Yeah Just BE players.

Harrison went 5th overall (It's fantasy he puts up points and he doesn't turn the ball over(-3 in this league) he's a great fantasy pick )
Obepka 9th (You get 5pts for a block)
Sampson 12th
Pointer 14th
Green 32nd
Sanchez 34th
Jordan 44th
God'Gift 59th
Branch 80th

It was an 80 pick draft.

Very interesting how the outside, unbiased, backupquarterback syndromeless bigeast fan views our roster:

Green 32nd
Branch 80th

« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2013, 01:32:00 PM »
Wish this game counted toward my fantasy league, I've got Pointer and Sanchez. Love me some versatility.

This is the first year some guys on the HolyLandofHoops website organized it using the fantrax site (www.fantrax.com). Not sure how easy it is to set up, but you can create your own league there and it's free. It's just a ten team league, seems like it's going to be fun.

Thanks Hoya, very cool. Im guessing you guy did just bigeast? Out of curiosity where did your man deangelo go?

Yeah Just BE players.

Harrison went 5th overall (It's fantasy he puts up points and he doesn't turn the ball over(-3 in this league) he's a great fantasy pick )
Sampson 12th
Pointer 14th
Green 32nd
Sanchez 34th
Jordan 44th
God'Gift 59th
Branch 80th

It was an 80 pick draft.

Very interesting how the outside, unbiased, backupquarterback syndromeless bigeast fan views our roster:

Green 32nd
Branch 80th

Well you have to take into account that this is fantasy basketball not real basketball, there are players who put up great fantasy numbers but don't necessarily make their team better.

Also Green was drafted by the person on auto draft so was drafted based on how many fantasy points he put up last year by the computer, so no real thought went into that pick about how his number might change based on a new year.

« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2013, 01:34:18 PM »

Yeah Just BE players.

Sampson 12th
Pointer 14th
Green 32nd
Sanchez 34th
Jordan 44th
God'Gift 59th
Branch 80th

It was an 80 pick draft.

Green 32nd
Branch 80th

Well you have to take into account that this is fantasy basketball not real basketball, there are players who put up great fantasy numbers but don't necessarily make their team better.

Also Green was drafted by the person on auto draft so was drafted based on how many fantasy points he put up last year by the computer, so no real thought went into that pick about how his number might change based on a new year.

Well there goes Carmine's theory ;)
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2013, 07:14:52 PM »

Yeah Just BE players.

Sampson 12th
Pointer 14th
Green 32nd
Sanchez 34th
Jordan 44th
God'Gift 59th
Branch 80th

It was an 80 pick draft.

Green 32nd
Branch 80th

Well there goes Carmine's theory ;)

More like in one ear and out the other.
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2013, 08:16:10 PM »
 Why is everyone so concerned about Sampson and his draft status..  Let the kid play his sophomore season.  He played great last season as a freshman.  Unless I'm mistaken, the kid has never said a word about the NBA.

Everyone here just telling what he can't do.. He carried us in many games last season.  He is in his second season, by all accounts a great kid, let him do his thing.  He is obviously working on his shot, what better time than an exhibition?  Except the looney tune fanbase wants to cut him down because hasn't lit it up yet..  Seriously..

This fanbase is borderline unbearable.. for real. 

« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2013, 12:57:44 AM »

Yeah Just BE players.

Sampson 12th
Pointer 14th
Green 32nd
Sanchez 34th
Jordan 44th
God'Gift 59th
Branch 80th

It was an 80 pick draft.

Green 32nd
Branch 80th

Now my fave the rhombus is getting dissed by Hoya fans in my own backyard before the season even begins?  This is a new low.

desco80

« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2013, 11:16:57 AM »
Why is everyone so concerned about Sampson and his draft status..  Let the kid play his sophomore season.  He played great last season as a freshman.  Unless I'm mistaken, the kid has never said a word about the NBA.

Everyone here just telling what he can't do.. He carried us in many games last season.  He is in his second season, by all accounts a great kid, let him do his thing.  He is obviously working on his shot, what better time than an exhibition?  Except the looney tune fanbase wants to cut him down because hasn't lit it up yet..  Seriously..

This fanbase is borderline unbearable.. for real. 

We have a star power forward who 1) publicly said he was thinking about going pro after last season, and 2) is routinely mentioned as an nba prospect for either this or next year's draft.... seems pretty reasonable for our fans to discuss his pro-prospects.

Further, that same star power-forward has played almost exclusively on the perimeter in our first two exhibition games.  Again, seems reasonable that some of our fans might be annoyed by that.   

No one said the sky is falling, so I don't see why our fans are unbearable for having the audacity to talk about Sampson's odds of going pro, or whether he should be taking so many three pointers.   
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:18:00 AM by desco80 »

boo3

« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2013, 12:23:53 PM »
Who is saying he's an NBA prospect?

Being projected as a second rounder in 2 years, isn't saying much.

Any freshman who scored 15ppg and grabbed 7 reb in BE would have thought cross your mind.

He will be a vital cog in this teams success this season regardless of how he played in meaningless exhibition games.

We should be rooting for him to be a 1st round pick after the season because that means he had a great year.

Seems most would rather be proved right and have him struggle.

desco80

« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2013, 03:52:47 PM »
Who is saying he's an NBA prospect?

Being projected as a second rounder in 2 years, isn't saying much.

Any freshman who scored 15ppg and grabbed 7 reb in BE would have thought cross your mind.

He will be a vital cog in this teams success this season regardless of how he played in meaningless exhibition games.

We should be rooting for him to be a 1st round pick after the season because that means he had a great year.

Seems most would rather be proved right and have him struggle.

Then maybe I misunderstood you, because I agree, he'll be fine once the season starts.   I just don't blame the people who would like to see him shoot less 3s.   That seems like an obvious critique, I'm sure the coaches tell him the same thing.   

And our fans aren't nearly as cynical or egotistical as you make them out.  No one on here would like to see Jakarr struggle just to prove themselves
right.