Watching Creighton on Fox Sports

• 24 replies

hnk

Watching Creighton on Fox Sports
« on: November 11, 2013, 08:44:46 PM »
We can and should beat them.  McDermott doesn't miss much. he has most of their points.  They seem way slower than Wisc.  NCAA's here we come!  They have nine turnovers and the first half is not over yet.

hnk

Re: Watching Creighton on Fox Sports
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 08:49:44 PM »
24 points in first half

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 08:59:49 PM »
I'm watching too. But my reaction was that they are a tough matchup for us. Good ball movement, craft veteran guards, and deadly 3pt shooting.

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 02:34:18 PM »
Box-on-one should work against Creighton.

One guy playing a zone, and 4 guys covering McDermott.  ;D

hnk

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 02:51:46 PM »
Supposedly, they have other guys who can shoot.  I think Dom could man up on him for 30 minutes.....deny him the ball.....put his long arms in his face......they just did not look that good to me....didn't seem like their point could penetrate on us at will the way every other point does the last few years

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 04:34:59 PM »
Supposedly, they have other guys who can shoot.  I think Dom could man up on him for 30 minutes.....deny him the ball.....put his long arms in his face......they just did not look that good to me....didn't seem like their point could penetrate on us at will the way every other point does the last few years

He would foul Dom out in ten minutes. 

hnk

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 04:46:25 PM »
I'd still like to try  it and we could stop if he picked up two quick ones.

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 04:48:21 PM »
What do we do for the next 39 minutes?

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 04:54:49 PM »
What do we do for the next 39 minutes?
Take it to the rack.  Go right at him and get him in foul trouble and/or score easy buckets in the paint

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 08:29:05 PM »
Right he's an All American who's going to do this driving?

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2013, 08:50:34 PM »
Can almost guarantee we don't beat them on the road and will have a tough game with them at home. you know McDermott's eyes will light up playing at MSG and that Lavin will not be able to devise a defense to stop him.

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2013, 09:03:42 PM »
Right he's an All American who's going to do this driving?

Might as well not show up
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

boo3

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 09:07:18 PM »
 Fans throwing in the towel after one game?  Comical.  nice persons

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 09:09:51 PM »
It is not one game . It's the latest game where we were non competitive

boo3

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 09:14:44 PM »
 It is one game. This is a new season. Last year means nothing to me.  Would you feel better about the Wisco game if we won 3 more games last year?  Makes no sense.

I'm not trying to convince you guys of anything. Do your thing.  To me, it looks ridiculous.  Maybe I'm in the minority?  Who knows?

Throwing in the towel for two Creighton games on November 12th is a bit extreme? no?   Lol..

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 09:18:04 PM »
It is one game. This is a new season. Last year means nothing to me.  Would you feel better about the Wisco game if we won 3 more games last year?  Makes no sense.

I'm not trying to convince you guys of anything. Do your thing.  To me, it looks ridiculous.  Maybe I'm in the minority?  Who knows?

Throwing in the towel for two Creighton games on November 12th is a bit extreme? no?   Lol..
Maybe you are the nice person. Just because someone likes Creighton as a team doesn't mean they are negative towards SJU. But you are such a blind homer anything short of declaring one's undying love for the Johnnies has you seeing red.

boo3

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 09:26:53 PM »

Maybe you are the nice person. Just because someone likes Creighton as a team doesn't mean they are negative towards SJU. But you are such a blind homer anything short of declaring one's undying love for the Johnnies has you seeing red.

you mad?

redslope

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 06:40:43 PM »
I personally am looking forward to seeing McDermott come to the Garden (I hope we win) as I want to see a 2 time first team AA who could be first team AA for 3 years-the first since Ewing.  I appreciate his staying in school rather than going for the bucks.  A 1st teamer would be great for the league.  He will get a lot of "respect" from the refs making  it difficult to stop him from scoring.  He appeared to be scoring effortlessly the other night.

MCNPA

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 07:01:09 PM »

No, he's right.  It's nice personic.  We have one of the only fan base with anti-fans.  Actually, from what I've gathered, ucla has plenty too.  It's a whole faction of people who come to these boards just to try to criticize actual SJU fans or anybody who supports the team and program.  Any positivity is squashed.  Every loss or even near loss is a harbinger of death to our program.  Any win, and the negatives come out first.    It's the internet's faul that these types were spawned.  Personally I wish they'd chose another program to support.

One game in and we have no shot in the world at beating Creighton and stopping McDermott from incinerating us?  Absurd...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 07:02:28 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 07:03:37 PM »

No, he's right.  It's nice personic.  We have one of the only fan base with anti-fans.  Actually, from what I've gathered, ucla has plenty too.  It's a whole faction of people who come to these boards just to try to criticize actual SJU fans or anybody who supports the team and program.  Any positivity is squashed.  Every loss or even near loss is a harbinger of death to our program.  Any win, and the negatives come out first.    It's the internet's faul that these types were spawned.  Personally I wish they'd chose another program to support.

One game in and we have no shot in the world at beating Creighton and stopping McDermott from incinerating us?  Absurd...

Amen to this post.