2014 Draft

• 6 replies
2014 Draft
« on: November 17, 2013, 05:56:17 AM »
boo3 wrote in the "The Good, the bad and the ugly- Wagner" thread that Chris Obepka appeared in the list of the NBA 2015 Draft.

JaKarr Sampson is in the 2014 draft (second round):

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2014/

jr49

Re: 2014 Draft
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 01:12:29 PM »
list aside, what does your eye tell you? I see an athletic player with size. I also see a player with no polish. No post move, and not much of a shot. JS has some good stuff going for him, but needs to work on becoming a good college player. Nothing yet there to say he's going to be NBA capable. I know there are better judges of talent then I, but I'm still looking for him to play under control and kick it back out when the shot or move is not there. On D I don't know where he rates. 

bk8664

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 01:18:54 PM »
list aside, what does your eye tell you? I see an athletic player with size. I also see a player with no polish. No post move, and not much of a shot. JS has some good stuff going for him, but needs to work on becoming a good college player. Nothing yet there to say he's going to be NBA capable. I know there are better judges of talent then I, but I'm still looking for him to play under control and kick it back out when the shot or move is not there. On D I don't know where he rates. 

He's a superior athlete with a sub-par jumpshot.  His coaches from high-school, aau and college have all done him a disservice by not insisting that he re-work his jumpshot.  That hitch he has will keep him from making millions of dollars.  It can't be that hard to re-work your form.

Moose

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 01:22:16 PM »

He's a superior athlete with a sub-par jumpshot.  His coaches from high-school, aau and college have all done him a disservice by not insisting that he re-work his jumpshot.  That hitch he has will keep him from making millions of dollars.  It can't be that hard to re-work your form.

Shawn Marion has one fugly jumper.  He averaged 19 ppg, shot 53% from the field and 29% from 3 in his only college season.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 01:25:27 PM »

He has worked on his jump shot. Its much better then it used to be

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 02:00:37 PM »
He's good (but ugly) fron 15 ft in.  Anything further out is ill advised.  His release point is the problem.

bk8664

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 02:30:17 PM »
He's good (but ugly) fron 15 ft in.  Anything further out is ill advised.  His release point is the problem.

Fundamentally, even the way he brings the ball up in front of him is a problem. There was a picture that that St. Jon's posted on twitter I think that showed him putting up a shot... The ball was still in his hands being brought up to be released... It's hard to describe, but it is ugly.  He's flat out just readying his shot in a wrong way.  Somehow his shooting elbow is not straight below his shooting wrist... and the ball is awkwardly positioned in his hand...

You can tell he hasn't done enough on his jump shot form, because the ball rotates oddly every time he releases the ball.   It's really a shame.  I'm rooting for him so hard, but his jump shot form is going to keep him from making as much money as he could maximize.   It's really too bad.

There was a picture of it, and I saved it but I don't how to paste into this forum or else you could see what i'm talking about.