Bucknell Predictions

• 43 replies

TONYD3

Re: Bucknell Predictions
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 08:40:41 PM »
I expect us to be prepared. I expect us to win. We have a big time coach and big time players. We have dorms and a nice practice facitity. We better beat a team from the patriot league.

Poison

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »
I expect us to be prepared. I expect us to win. We have a big time coach and big time players. We have dorms and a nice practice facitity. We better beat a team from the patriot league.

Is this really that much of an upset just because Bucknell plays in the patriot league? They won 28 games last year.

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 09:38:35 PM »

What the matter the lawn don't count for something?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 10:40:47 PM by jumpinjohnny »

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2013, 06:53:03 AM »
Board is going to explode when we lose.

That said, hope we don't.

Harrison will do his thing.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 08:16:06 AM »

If we do lose the board should explode, and Lavin should be criticized accordingly. The honeymoon period is long over. It's time to man up.

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 08:25:14 AM »

If we do lose the board should explode, and Lavin should be criticized accordingly. The honeymoon period is long over. It's time to man up.

Is there a program or coach that doesn't suffer an occasinal upset?  Are we saying that, because the honeymoon is over, we should never lose to a lower ranked program?

TONYD3

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2013, 08:39:07 AM »
If we lose . It's just one game . Why should it matter that their coach makes less money then our assistants. Or that we have 10 players that were 4 stars or better and they have 0 star players. I truly expect to win. I want to win. Definitely not rooting against us. But if we lose the team should be criticized .
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:41:08 AM by TONYD3 »

Poison

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 08:43:56 AM »

Is there a program or coach that doesn't suffer an occasinal upset?  Are we saying that, because the honeymoon is over, we should never lose to a lower ranked program?

We choke against a low level program annually. Often more than that. It would be nice to be prepared for these games for once.

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 08:44:28 AM »

Occasional upsets are ok. That said, we can't afford to lose this game, considering the fact our OCS is not daunting.  As noted previously, we needed to split with Cuse & Wisky, run the table with rest of non conference opponents and finish in top four in BE to ensure NCAA bid with a decent seed. Having lost to Badgers already, let's not put ourselves in a tougher position.

MCNPA

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 08:56:06 AM »

Boeheim almost and should have lost to Glen Braica yesterday.  Roy Williams just lost to Belmont.  Let's be straight about it, this stuff happens all the time and Bucknell is better than those teams.  Still a game we should win at home though if we want to make a run this season.  I want to enter the Syracuse game with only 1 loss to a top 12 Big Ten team on our record.

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2013, 09:18:54 AM »
You play to win the game. :tickedoff:

Poison

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2013, 09:29:14 AM »

Boeheim almost and should have lost to Glen Braica yesterday.  Roy Williams just lost to Belmont.  Let's be straight about it, this stuff happens all the time and Bucknell is better than those teams.  Still a game we should win at home though if we want to make a run this season.  I want to enter the Syracuse game with only 1 loss to a top 12 Big Ten team on our record.

First of all, you're talking about a game that SU almost lost. They won! It didn't happen. No one remembers a moral victory. I remember St.Francis/STJ, I was there.

When Lavin wins a NC, he can lose to Bucknell, Belmont, Lehigh, whoever.

And while we're on the subject, let's give Glen a little credit. He beat Miami in OT, and he's got a team that will probably contend for the tournament. Good for him.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 09:32:56 AM by Poison »

TONYD3

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2013, 09:41:42 AM »
syracuse also wins close to 30 games a year

boo3

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2013, 11:19:13 AM »
 Can we actually lose first before we start the whining?

Bucknell-69

SJU-64

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2013, 11:51:29 AM »
SJU is favored by 8.5 points.  Apparently Vegas doesn't read JJ

Moose

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »
Just wondering how many of those who pick against SJU in a game like this are doing it for real or to be cute in some reverse psychology type thing.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Tha Kid

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 06:57:14 PM »
Johnnies 72
Bucknell 66
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »
Just wondering how many of those who pick against SJU in a game like this are doing it for real or to be cute in some reverse psychology type thing.

I think we lose.
We lost to Fordham and made tourney 2  years ago
We did not play well either of first two games. Loss would not be end of the world. I think this is kind of team we are going to struggle against right now.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:40:10 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2013, 02:12:56 PM »
Albany Great Danes - 65
Bucknell                      - 64

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2013, 03:00:10 PM »

I think we lose.
We lost to Fordham and made tourney 2  years ago
We did not play well either of first two games. Loss would not be end of the world. I think this is kind of team we are going to struggle against right now.

Yes it would this is at home against a terrible opponent.

Fordham was at Rose HIll in which they blew a 20+ lead twice.  Not even close to the same circumstances.