Jordan Suspension

• 123 replies
Re: Jordan Suspension
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 10:25:34 AM »
Zach from NY post responding to question regarding news on Jordan:

@NYPost_Brazille: @rcava not good and I will

I spoke w Zach yesterday evening  & he suggested that,although Rysheed was home, not to draw any conclusions. Let's remain positive.

I believe the issue is playing time.

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 10:40:00 AM »
Being better off than we were under Norm should not be considered an accomplishment. For me personally, if Jordan transfers and we don't make the tourney I'd fire Lavin. Won't happen and probably not even the right choice, but it is what I'd do. Then I'd hire a sound basketball coach (McKillop) who recruits kids that fit his style of play. Again I am not saying this SHOULD be done. But it is what I would do.

Surprised you didn't predict Jordan transferring to Baylor ala your Harrison take.  :)

If I were Harrison I would have transferred. Then I made it a joke to tweak posters who bashed him for 2 years.
Jordan thing is 100% on Lavin. Widely ridiculous comparisons to HOFers, followed by kid predictably struggling. Playing time gets cut, now he is suspended?  Wasn't most of pre season optimism centered around Jordan?

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 10:48:00 AM »
Most of you are like a bunch of sheep. You got all caught up in Lavin's recruiting. Yeah well it seems to me that at least half of his big recruits, either never made it here or are gone. But whenever anyone leaves it is always the kid wasn't any good anyway or it is the 18 year old kids fault. If we can't trust Lavin's recruiting and ability to keep kids, well then there is not much left to him but a bunch of goofy sayings.

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2013, 11:07:16 AM »

I spoke w Zach yesterday evening  & he suggested that,although Rysheed was home, not to draw any conclusions. Let's remain positive.

If that really is the issue, then he's being very immature.  Did he really expect Lavin to take Phil in the Bucknell game?  The kid literally saved the team from an embarrassing loss.  Part of being on a team is understanding your role.  There is little doubt that Jordan is the best PG on this team and will get the majority of the minutes this season.  But when a player gets hot, like Phil did that game, you leave him on the court.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 11:12:17 AM »

If you were "better than Baron Davis", and yet you were also benched, wouldn't that confuse you?

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 11:14:26 AM »
Being better off than we were under Norm should not be considered an accomplishment. For me personally, if Jordan transfers and we don't make the tourney I'd fire Lavin. Won't happen and probably not even the right choice, but it is what I'd do. Then I'd hire a sound basketball coach (McKillop) who recruits kids that fit his style of play. Again I am not saying this SHOULD be done. But it is what I would do.

You are insane.  That is all.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 11:28:47 AM »

+

Obvisouly dont know what happened with respect to the rule violation but can't blame him for not being happy about sitting out 2nd half..He was playing pretty well (3-6 on FGs, 2 assists), is an integral part of the team and an absolute key to future on court & recruiting success..

So, unless the kid is stinking it up I think you have to find a way to get him PT...we need him...

That said, if the rule violation was in response to the PT issue, kid is wrong

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 11:33:15 AM »

Nope, if we don't make tourney this year Lavin has been a failure.

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 11:34:10 AM »
I'm pretty sure he has been going home every weekend.

Also, Rysheed has been on Instagram since the season started while the other players have not. While I'm not sure I think that deserves a suspension (maybe Lav warned him) but I'm hoping it's something as small as this.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2013, 11:43:51 AM »

Also, Rysheed has been on Instagram since the season started while the other players have not. While I'm not sure I think that deserves a suspension (maybe Lav warned him) but I'm hoping it's something as small as this.

If Lavin suspended him for using Instagram, I would be concerned that coach has a screw loose.

Moose

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2013, 11:53:49 AM »

Other players are using it too.  I don't think Instagram is the issue.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 12:01:59 PM »
Just for the record players under Lavin and the boards reactions
Polee-he wasn't that good, we didn't need him even though the next year's team had only 6 guys
Sampson, Pelle, Garrett-all not eligible to start season. You have to take chances to get talent-I actually agree with this one.
Lindsey-transfers. He was a punk and a bum. Good riddance
Stith-quits team mid season. He stinks, didn't need him. Again having only 6 players is a problem.
Harrison-Suspended. He is a punk Father Lavin showing tough love
Garrett-Transfers. Didn't need him.
Baron Jason Gary Jordan-Suspended. Outcome and reaction TBA

So far Lavin's regime most closely resembles Brian Mahoney more than Louie.

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2013, 12:08:03 PM »

Using or posting moose?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2013, 12:09:46 PM »
All those guys chose to leave..... except Garrett.   In my mind that's been the worst move of the Lavin era.   By far. 
And not enough is made of it.    Amir deserved to be on this team until he graduated, or left on his own.

TONYD3

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2013, 12:13:31 PM »
Garret was asked to leave?

Moose

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »

Using or posting moose?

I know they are active, thats all
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 12:15:13 PM »
#PhillyProblems
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »
All those guys chose to leave......

And then the obvious question, why?

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 12:16:35 PM »
All those guys chose to leave..... except Garrett.   In my mind that's been the worst move of the Lavin era.   By far. 
And not enough is made of it.    Amir deserved to be on this team until he graduated, or left on his own.

Where would Amir's minutes be this year?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2013, 12:18:23 PM »

Where would Amir's minutes be this year?

Not the point Dave. All those guys were lauded here as part of Lavin's big time recruiting. If they didn't pan out FOR WHATEVER REASON on Lavin, no?