LONGWOOD - Game Discussion

• 179 replies

Moose

Re: LONGWOOD - Game Discussion
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2013, 08:45:36 PM »
Did I mention my boy Dee looks Nuri Lindsay-esque tonight?

Frustrated tonight Moose?   maybe a little?

He looks pretty out of it tonight.  Missed FT's.  Even some of his threes have been fugly.  It means nothing in the grand scheme of things though.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2013, 08:46:42 PM »
Did I mention my boy Dee looks Nuri Lindsay-esque tonight?

Frustrated tonight Moose?   maybe a little?

He looks pretty out of it tonight.  Missed FT's.  Even some of his threes have been fugly.  It means nothing in the grand scheme of things though.

99 Bigger problems

Moose

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2013, 08:47:02 PM »
I'd love to see the team have a whole practice without trying to block a shot.
Talk about torturing them, it would be worse than taking away their cell phones. :2funny:

Moose

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2013, 08:47:43 PM »
Reverse psychology works for Dee :)

desco80

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2013, 08:47:55 PM »
Anybody else think we've looked selfish at times tonight?     Sampson goes into a crowd of 3 defenders there when he has Greene wide open on the wing to his right.   I mean wide open.

I'm not advocating kicking it out for a 3 on a regular basis, but I've seen that a lot tonight.   Guys turning down open passes. 

« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2013, 08:48:12 PM »
Our shooting is horrendous but I'd rather us try to work out the kinks in this part of the schedule.  Maybe they start dropping by conference play.  If we don't take them now, we are severely handicapped the rest of the year.

« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2013, 08:48:53 PM »
DLo late game usually steps up for us. Doing so again today.

« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2013, 08:49:22 PM »
Just a  tidbit. When Brown  played Longwood on their court with Longwoods leading scorer in the game, Brown led by 17 at the half .  Penn State beat Longwood by almost 40 and let's just say that Longwood ( especially playing without t,heir leading scorer ) is not a force to be reckoned with.  After watching this game can you honestly say that we are in a team in the right direction or perhaps Longwood has a few more under performing NBA players then we do?

« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2013, 08:50:50 PM »
Our shooting is horrendous but I'd rather us try to work out the kinks in this part of the schedule.  Maybe they start dropping by conference play.  If we don't take them now, we are severely handicapped the rest of the year.

Would be like a kid failing algebra then acing Advanced Calculus

paultzman

« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2013, 08:50:58 PM »
Btw, Bucknell, the "Wisconsin of the East", just lost to Mount St. Mary's!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 08:51:53 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2013, 08:51:47 PM »
 Hi Linda   :)

« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2013, 08:52:09 PM »
Just a  tidbit. When Brown  played Longwood on their court with Longwoods leading scorer in the game, Brown led by 17 at the half .  Penn State beat Longwood by almost 40 and let's just say that Longwood ( especially playing without t,heir leading scorer ) is not a force to be reckoned with.  After watching this game can you honestly say that we are in a team in the right direction or perhaps Longwood has a few more under performing NBA players then we do?

But Bucknell beat PSU by 10, so we're in pretty good shape heading into that game having beaten both by your logic, no?

Moose

« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2013, 08:52:25 PM »

Moose

« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2013, 08:54:19 PM »
My god Jakarr.  You have teammates.

goredmen

« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2013, 08:54:24 PM »
Btw, Bucknell, the "Wisconsin of the East", just lost to Mount St. Mary's!

Rutgers is down in the 2nd half to Fairleigh Dickinson which is one of the worst teams in D1

desco80

« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2013, 08:54:45 PM »
Sampson really is a black hole once he has decided he's going to shoot.

desco80

« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2013, 08:55:31 PM »
My god Jakarr.  You have teammates.

He had Dom wide open.  Absolutely no one within 30ft of him.

« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2013, 08:56:09 PM »
No matter what it is always a good time when you beat the Longwood

« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2013, 08:56:30 PM »

Also, since when is 24 points "almost 40"?

« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2013, 08:58:15 PM »

But Bucknell beat PSU by 10, so we're in pretty good shape heading into that game having beaten both by your logic, no?

If we were consistent, yup.