Fordham Game Discussion

• 193 replies
Fordham Game Discussion
« on: December 04, 2013, 07:00:23 PM »
     Exactly what time is the Fordam game. They are giving conflicting times. Please help  . Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:40:51 PM by jumpinjohnny »

Re: Fordam game
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:02:12 PM »
130 or later

ras

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 10:21:32 PM »
Is the game on Fox?

goredmen

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 10:37:11 PM »
This game scares the hell out of me. Fordham is much better than they've been in recent years and our guys haven't played in a week. Not to mention Pecora always seems to have our number and Severe will probably play with a little extra motivation. We need to get out to a fast start for once or we could be in trouble

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 10:39:53 PM »
If we lose to Pecora I hope msg has a good cleanup crew because I'll probably just throw up in my section

Moose

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 10:48:44 PM »
If we lose to Pecora I hope msg has a good cleanup crew because I'll probably just throw up in my section

There is a Rangers game at night so the cleanup crew will be ready to push you out after the game anyway.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 11:14:57 PM »
They're used to cleaning up after Uconn fans

Poison

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 11:16:50 PM »
This game scares the hell out of me. Fordham is much better than they've been in recent years and our guys haven't played in a week. Not to mention Pecora always seems to have our number and Severe will probably play with a little extra motivation. We need to get out to a fast start for once or we could be in trouble

If we don't come out w pressure, we deserve to lose. Severe should be amped up. Everyone here keeps saying that he's not a BE player despite the fact that he's played as well as any guard we've got. Harrison included.

So far,  this is the biggest oversight Lavin has made IMO. Not in choosing Jordan over him, but by counting on two stiffs to save our 3 point shooting. As STJ fans we know full well that simply making the shot isn't enough. You have to fight to get open. You have to play the rest of the game. For a guy like Hooper, if he doesn't 5 threes he gives us nothing.

Severe, from what I saw, is similar to Sean Fitzpatrick. Both if those guys could play on my team.

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 11:24:02 PM »

If we don't come out w pressure, we deserve to lose. Severe should be amped up. Everyone here keeps saying that he's not a BE player despite the fact that he's played as well as any guard we've got. Harrison included.

So far,  this is the biggest oversight Lavin has made IMO. Not in choosing Jordan over him, but by counting on two stiffs to save our 3 point shooting. As STJ fans we know full well that simply making the shot isn't enough. You have to fight to get open. You have to play the rest of the game. For a guy like Hooper, if he doesn't 5 threes he gives us nothing.

Severe, from what I saw, is similar to Sean Fitzpatrick. Both if those guys could play on my team.
take it you mean Sean Kilpatrick of Cincy?

Poison

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 11:28:36 PM »

take it you mean Sean Kilpatrick of Cincy?

Yes, thanks. Probably would take a Fitzpatrick too, provided he hustles.

goredmen

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 11:49:35 PM »

The problem with Severe (and I know that we've had this debate about him ad nauseum on this site) is that he is a very high volume shooter even when he's having an off night and that seems to be the only way he knows how to play. He had the green light as soon as he crossed half court at CTK and that hasn't changed at all at Fordham.

I do believe Severe is a big east caliber talent but he'd have to learn to curtail the volume of shots to be a productive big east player. He scored 23 points on 18 shots tonight and that's fine for Fordham against Furman and the bottom half of A10 teams but I'm not sure that style would work on a team with other guys who can score and against better competition

Poison

Re: Fordham Game Discussion
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 12:00:24 AM »

The problem with Severe (and I know that we've had this debate about him ad nauseum on this site) is that he is a very high volume shooter even when he's having an off night and that seems to be the only way he knows how to play. He had the green light as soon as he crossed half court at CTK and that hasn't changed at all at Fordham.

I do believe Severe is a big east caliber talent but he'd have to learn to curtail the volume of shots to be a productive big east player. He scored 23 points on 18 shots tonight and that's fine for Fordham against Furman and the bottom half of A10 teams but I'm not sure that style would work on a team with other guys who can score and against better competition

The way you've described Severe, he sounds a lot like Harrison. Let's keep in mind, that if Severe is a volume shooter now, as a freshman, and he's scoring 23 points per game, could he round out the areas he's not as strong in, and wind up as IDK, an All American?

Moose

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 09:05:20 AM »
Fordham has some pretty eye opening numbers.

78.7 ppg 86th in the country
40.7 rpg 38th in the country (Mandell Thomas a  6'2 guard is pulling in 7 boards a game, Brian Smith at 6'2 is also pulling in 7 boards and so is 6'3 Brendan Frazier)  Hard to think they will do the same vs. us.
14.8 apg 79th in the country

as opposed to us

70.7 ppg, 233rd in the country
38.7 rpg, 88th in the country
13.0 apg, 168th in the country.

Also for the nerds and Ken Pom's adjusted tempo stat they are 13th in the nation while we are 262nd

They play pretty much 6-7 guys.
Remember who broke the Slice news

pmg911

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 09:12:36 AM »
I think we will run them out of the building with a very convincing win and if Lavin has the chance, he should keep his foot on the gas to make a statement.

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 09:41:54 AM »
Fordham has some pretty eye opening numbers.

78.7 ppg 86th in the country
40.7 rpg 38th in the country (Mandell Thomas a  6'2 guard is pulling in 7 boards a game, Brian Smith at 6'2 is also pulling in 7 boards and so is 6'3 Brendan Frazier)  Hard to think they will do the same vs. us.
14.8 apg 79th in the country

as opposed to us

70.7 ppg, 233rd in the country
38.7 rpg, 88th in the country
13.0 apg, 168th in the country.

Also for the nerds and Ken Pom's adjusted tempo stat they are 13th in the nation while we are 262nd

They play pretty much 6-7 guys.
Moose - I'm a super nerd who looks at combined non-tempo stats :)  But still, we know the guys need to take it to them, and do it all game, not last 30 minutes of the game.  Main key to game - full on intensity

Foad

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 09:44:17 AM »
I think we will run them out of the building with a very convincing win and if Lavin has the chance, he should keep his foot on the gas to make a statement.

What statement would that be. Pick one:

"We don't suck as much as Fordham does."

"We are Saint John's, the DOMINATE team in the A10."

"Thank intercourse we didn't end up with Pecora as our head coach."

pmg911

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 12:04:23 PM »

What statement would that be. Pick one:

"We don't suck as much as Fordham does."

"We are Saint John's, the DOMINATE team in the A10."

"Thank intercourse we didn't end up with Pecora as our head coach."

Merry Christmas

paultzman

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 02:51:46 PM »
@rumbleSBN: From The Time Machine: St. John's and the Fordham Rams set to meet Saturday at MSG. #sjubb http://t.co/ZmNifKdP9r

Poison

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 03:05:39 PM »
@rumbleSBN: From The Time Machine: St. John's and the Fordham Rams set to meet Saturday at MSG. #sjubb http://t.co/ZmNifKdP9r

If Fordham/STJ isn't a rivalry, SU/STJ isn't one either. Since 2001, Fordham has had more success against us, than we've had vs SU.

paultzman

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 07:49:15 PM »
@StJohnsBBall: Saturday tip on @FOXSports1 was originally 1:32 p.m., but it will now take place 20 mins after Stony Brook-LaSalle. Arrive early! #SJUBB