Fordham Game Discussion

• 193 replies

gman

Re: Fordham Game Discussion
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2013, 03:24:26 PM »
Given all the talk around severe you would hope Jordan comes in pissed and plays his butt off.

paultzman

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2013, 04:32:04 PM »
"Coach Speak";

@AdamZagoria: Lavin on Severe:'Anywhere that I've coached I would've recruited him.He's a really good basketball player. He's a pro, he'll be in the NBA.'

Moose

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2013, 05:01:11 PM »
"Coach Speak";

@AdamZagoria: Lavin on Severe:'Anywhere that I've coached I would've recruited him.He's a really good basketball player. He's a pro, he'll be in the NBA.'

So now he's heaping crazy praise not just on our guys but our opponents.  I actually like this strategy lol
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2013, 05:53:40 PM »
"Coach Speak";

So now he's heaping crazy praise not just on our guys but our opponents.  I actually like this strategy lol
Coach will do anything to avoid inciting a 35 pt performance attributed to "no respect."  ha ha ha Coach will not get burned by that.  I love when coaches make every player out to be an All-American.  Only way to get quoted.

boo3

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2013, 06:21:27 PM »
 Remember when Pitino said we would win the big east last year? 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:21:41 PM by boo3 »

desco80

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2013, 07:08:03 PM »
I've got an extra ticket if anybody wants to go to the game tomorrow, no charge but you would be sitting next to me...

Just send me a pm

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2013, 08:13:23 PM »
Remember when Pitino said we would win the big east last year? 
That was the 1st year, no?

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2013, 08:15:40 PM »
I've got an extra ticket if anybody wants to go to the game tomorrow, no charge but you would be sitting next to me...

Just send me a pm
you should at least make them buy you a bronx pale ale :)

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2013, 09:39:00 PM »
I've heard that he rarely if ever shows up at local high school programs....remember, he is recruiting nationally and must have lots of things to do, but still would be good if he put in a regular appearance at the 4 or 5  local programs who could be feeders for us i.e. CTK, Long Island Lutheran, St. Mary's, Our Saviour , St. Anthony's etc
Hope he isn't spending most of his time at the track and we come in with 3 jucos in this year's class!  :)

MCNPA

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2013, 10:03:58 PM »
I've heard that he rarely if ever shows up at local high school programs....remember, he is recruiting nationally and must have lots of things to do, but still would be good if he put in a regular appearance at the 4 or 5  local programs who could be feeders for us i.e. CTK, Long Island Lutheran, St. Mary's, Our Saviour , St. Anthony's etc
Hope he isn't spending most of his time at the track and we come in with 3 jucos in this year's class!  :)

Juco's like Marcus Hatten, Bootsy Thornton, Dwight Hardy and Justin Brownlee were some of the best recruits we've had in the last 20 years at SJU and true bright spots.  I'll take a Juco or two any day.  I hope we are looking at one or two for our open holes at forward when Sanchez/Gift graduate.

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2013, 10:52:27 PM »
Chicago: comcast xfinity ch 8 or ch184.

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2013, 11:10:26 PM »
Pre game chatter?

http://zagsblog.com/articles/arbitello-says-st-johns-shouldve-recruited-severe/
For sure, but Arbitello should be asked why the other D1 schools all didn't pursue after their initial evaluations? Pitt didn't offer him.

Told Arbitello is a bit out of sorts because Lav has not spent time at CTK. I am not being critical,  just sharing  what I was told by several folks in CHSAAS circles.

There were serious rumblings that he has never been to CTK to watch anyone.  Someone on Redmen denied that.  Who knows.

Whether he watched Severe at CTK or not he did see him on several occasions when he watched him play against Carrington.  But the real question is why is Lavin calling Severe a pro?

1.  In case he scores 40 it gives him an out for not defending him?
2.  Because he knows he should have recruited the kid and blew it?
3.  Because perhaps Lavin is not as good a talent evaluator as he claims to be.  After all he and his staff did see Severe on several occasions ?

How do you justify not recruiting a kid who a few months later you are calling a pro?  Its just laughable, does Lavin think that peope are just stupid not to see through this garbage? Unbelieveable!

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2013, 11:31:56 PM »

Juco's like Marcus Hatten, Bootsy Thornton, Dwight Hardy and Justin Brownlee were some of the best recruits we've had in the last 20 years at SJU and true bright spots.  I'll take a Juco or two any day.  I hope we are looking at one or two for our open holes at forward when Sanchez/Gift graduate.
I don't mind some jucos either I was just trying to make a funny with a veiled reference to jarvi, oh well.  ::)

goredmen

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2013, 12:25:28 AM »
Vegas has us -11.5 fwiw

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2013, 02:53:59 AM »
Severe shoots 18 shots a game. To put that in perspective that is 3 more shots than D-Lo

He's really great get for Fordham. He wouldn't make same impact in the game especially right away in the Big East. It isn't to say he isn't good enough because he is but he is much better suited where he is at. I wish more guys would realize that when selecting a school (Severe might not even realize that bc his people are still chirping).

Also not sure on the whole Lavin mia from CTK. I will say the talent in NY is weak, so weak. The only kids I'd mess with Diallo and Bryant. Even if you go into NJ the only guys I'd mess with are Briscoe, M. Richardson, Battle, Aiken. It is really really thin.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2013, 03:46:59 AM »
Lavin and Pecora were on Michael Kay yesterday afternoon, Pecora said flat out they were going to take a ton of threes. Hope they're ready.

MCNPA

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2013, 04:01:53 AM »
Lavin and Pecora were on Michael Kay yesterday afternoon, Pecora said flat out they were going to take a ton of threes. Hope they're ready.

The only player on their team with more than 8 made threes this season is Severe with 24.  To put that into perspective, Max Hooper already has 8 made threes and barely plays.  Their vaunted shooting is only Severe makes pretty much.  They will come to play for sure, and we need to be prepared, but this is our game unless we allow them to make something of if and don't guard Severe.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:03:57 AM by MCNPA »

Poison

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2013, 07:46:54 AM »

The only player on their team with more than 8 made threes this season is Severe with 24.  To put that into perspective, Max Hooper already has 8 made threes and barely plays.  Their vaunted shooting is only Severe makes pretty much.  They will come to play for sure, and we need to be prepared, but this is our game unless we allow them to make something of if and don't guard Severe.

It's our game if we apply the pressure that gave us the Georgia Tech game. Let's see what Lavin has learned so far this season.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 08:09:45 AM by Poison »

paultzman

« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2013, 07:49:08 AM »

+1

Poison

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2013, 08:42:36 AM »
Severe shoots 18 shots a game. To put that in perspective that is 3 more shots than D-Lo

He's really great get for Fordham. He wouldn't make same impact in the game especially right away in the Big East. It isn't to say he isn't good enough because he is but he is much better suited where he is at. I wish more guys would realize that when selecting a school (Severe might not even realize that bc his people are still chirping).

Also not sure on the whole Lavin mia from CTK. I will say the talent in NY is weak, so weak. The only kids I'd mess with Diallo and Bryant. Even if you go into NJ the only guys I'd mess with are Briscoe, M. Richardson, Battle, Aiken. It is really really thin.

Can you please explain what you think is the difference between being an A10 player now, and a BE player? You, and others keep saying that Severe is better suited for the A10, than the BE. How is going up against Dayton, VCU and St.Louis so different than Georgetown, Marquette and Villanova?