Fordham Game Discussion

• 193 replies

boo3

Re: Fordham Game Discussion
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2013, 12:18:41 PM »
 Would love to see Jordan hit a jumper at some point.  He has had a lot of in and outs.. If he hits a few the confidence will continue to grow.

Poison

« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2013, 12:36:50 PM »
How the hell did the worst shooting team in the country and we all know that Lavin can't coach (see Longwood and Penn St games) beat a Fordham team that beat a MAAC powerhouse on the road like Manhattan by 40+ points?

How is that possible?

How can that be we know Lavin in 3 years could not recruit a 3 point shooter and even decided not to recruit a bonafide 3pt shooter in Jon Severe?

Someone needs to explain this to me right now...

Really?   You can't enjoy this win without being obnoxious?
I'm not saying Lavin is a good in-game coach or not, but beating Fordham today doesn't discount the last 30 games we've seen.   So give it a rest

Shut up and I don't care what you say.  People said SJU was the worst shooting team after the first 3 games you nice person.not the last 30.

But you proved my point the most obnoxious people are those who can't stand having it thrown back in their face and then justify everything they say by saying "this does nothing."  Laughable and predictable.  And a nice person.

Don't respond to any of my posts again...

How old are you? 10? You're pathetic.

« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2013, 12:44:14 PM »
Not a single player on the team played poorly. The majority of them played fantastic. Going forward Jamal and Branch need to at the very minimum play the same amount of minutes as Greene. Cant go ten minutes a game without a pg out there. Greene is a really good option to have scoring off the ball. Jamal has played great the last 3-4 games and it seems he has found his groove. Hopefully him, jordan, and sanchez continue this play going forward. Were gonna need them next saturday.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2013, 01:06:32 PM »
How the hell did the worst shooting team in the country and we all know that Lavin can't coach (see Longwood and Penn St games) beat a Fordham team that beat a MAAC powerhouse on the road like Manhattan by 40+ points?

How is that possible?

How can that be we know Lavin in 3 years could not recruit a 3 point shooter and even decided not to recruit a bonafide 3pt shooter in Jon Severe?

I'm not saying Lavin is a good in-game coach or not, but beating Fordham today doesn't discount the last 30 games we've seen.   So give it a rest

Shut up and I don't care what you say.  People said SJU was the worst shooting team after the first 3 games you nice person.not the last 30.

But you proved my point the most obnoxious people are those who can't stand having it thrown back in their face and then justify everything they say by saying "this does nothing."  Laughable and predictable.  And a nice person.

Don't respond to your posts?   Why are you on a message board then?

And no one is saying that the Fordham game does nothing.   It was a great game, one of  if not the best performances I've seen in recent memory.   I had a blast at the game.

But it's incredibly hypocritical for you to come on after the game and yell "See!!  I told you Lavin's a genius!!   And we're a great shooting team too!! "
It wasn't the end of the world, and it didn't mean coach was a bufoon when we lost to Penn State, or had a bad first half against Monmouth and Longwood.  And it's equally true that blowing out Fordham isn't proof positive that everything is perfect.   

So don't come on after a fun win and ask irritatingly sarcastic and rhetorical questions like "how could the worst shooting team in the country ever possibly play this good?"   You may think you're proving a point; but there's not one to prove.  WE ARE one of the worst shooting teams.  That's been a fact for the last season +6 games buddy.
We all hope yesterdays success continues - but there's no "I told you so" moment here.    Everyone wants this team to do well, so stop acting like there are SJU fans who want Lavin to fail.   That's absurd.    We should be talking about what a great win yesterday was and what they have to do to keep it going against 'Cuse.

« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2013, 07:23:11 PM »
Happen to agree with Fordham. There are plenty of people who do enjoy having things thrown back in their face!  ???  :)

« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2013, 07:37:38 PM »

How is that possible?

And no one is saying that the Fordham game does nothing.   It was a great game, one of  if not the best performances I've seen in recent memory.   I had a blast at the game.

But it's incredibly hypocritical for you to come on after the game and yell "See!!  I told you Lavin's a genius!!   And we're a great shooting team too!! "
It wasn't the end of the world, and it didn't mean coach was a bufoon when we lost to Penn State, or had a bad first half against Monmouth and Longwood.  And it's equally true that blowing out Fordham isn't proof positive that everything is perfect.   

So don't come on after a fun win and ask irritatingly sarcastic and rhetorical questions like "how could the worst shooting team in the country ever possibly play this good?"   You may think you're proving a point; but there's not one to prove.  WE ARE one of the worst shooting teams.  That's been a fact for the last season +6 games buddy.
We all hope yesterdays success continues - but there's no "I told you so" moment here.    Everyone wants this team to do well, so stop acting like there are SJU fans who want Lavin to fail.   That's absurd.    We should be talking about what a great win yesterday was and what they have to do to keep it going against 'Cuse.

We're actually shooting .462 PCT which is good for 112th overall. That puts us around the top 30 percent of all Div. 1 schools. Statistically, we are actually an above average shooting team. But don't let facts get in the way of your "worst shooting team in the country" agenda.

Fordham is correct, as much as he may have gotten a little carried away. It's funny that sarcasm is only allowed if it is making fun of our team. But sticking up for our guys after a big win? That's just "obnoxious."

Poison

« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2013, 07:48:34 PM »

How is that possible?

We're actually shooting .462 PCT which is good for 112th overall. That puts us around the top 30 percent of all Div. 1 schools. Statistically, we are actually an above average shooting team. But don't let facts get in the way of your "worst shooting team in the country" agenda.

Fordham is correct, as much as he may have gotten a little carried away. It's funny that sarcasm is only allowed if it is making fun of our team. But sticking up for our guys after a big win? That's just "obnoxious."

It's a time for cautious optimism. Not I told you so.

We do this against SU, feel free to ask for your credit, but this was Fordham. The only way it's a big game is if we lose it. If Fordham wins 20 games, I'll happily eat my words. But a win over a program that NEVER wins 20 games isn't big.

They we're an awful defensive team. Easily the worst I've ever seen.

boo3

« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »
... And you predicted a double digit loss!   Lol

« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2013, 08:20:08 PM »
Fordham reminds me of a less deep/ and slightly less talented Iona (if that).  Some real nice offensive players who can score the ball and absolutely no defense.

Poison

« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2013, 08:51:59 PM »
... And you predicted a double digit loss!   Lol

I'm glad I was wrong :)

« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2013, 08:52:59 PM »

How is that possible?

We do this against SU, feel free to ask for your credit, but this was Fordham. The only way it's a big game is if we lose it. If Fordham wins 20 games, I'll happily eat my words. But a win over a program that NEVER wins 20 games isn't big.

Well, you thought it would be a double digit Fordham win and we won by over 40. It was Fordham, yes. But you were the one saying margin of victory is a huge when saying we'd be run out of the gym by Iona. Still think that?  ::)

sju89tr

« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2013, 08:54:59 PM »
Tha Fordham game was a glimpse of what the team is capable of. Sanchez and Jordan need to continue improving. The rotation of Obekpa, Sanchez, Sampson, Greene, Harrison, Branch, Pointer, Jordan and some of Max and Gift will be as good as any in the Big East Marco shooting well against Fordham also could provide some spacing as the season progresses.

« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2013, 08:57:36 PM »

How is that possible?

are we 112 as of today or was that before the fordham game ?

« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2013, 09:10:12 PM »

How is that possible?

Today according to ESPN.com

Poison

« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2013, 09:14:48 PM »

How is that possible?

Well, you thought it would be a double digit Fordham win and we won by over 40. It was Fordham, yes. But you were the one saying margin of victory is a huge when saying we'd be run out of the gym by Iona. Still think that?  ::)

Yes, I'm aware. I admit when I'm wrong. Some people have a convenient memory.

I've seen a lot of upsets as a STJ fan. I'm sorry if you don't agree, but I think I'm entitled to be both a pessimist and a wait and see guy. Let's see how they do against a real team on Sunday. Then, let's talk.

boo3

« Reply #175 on: December 08, 2013, 09:21:49 PM »
Many posters conspicuous with their absence yesterday/today. 

Until the next below average performance I guess?

#pathetic

« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2013, 09:36:33 PM »
Quick Question:
I know it was just one game, but does yesterdays performance change anybody's perception of our team, or what sort of things the group is capable of?

For myself it doesn't because while I didn't expect anything that big, I thought (and still think) we will be a very good team this year, and win a game or two in the tournament, and if we get hot, maybe more than that.

« Reply #177 on: December 08, 2013, 09:42:55 PM »

How is that possible?

Have you watched the Knicks?

« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2013, 10:22:07 PM »

How is that possible?

Today according to ESPN.com
Improving at least.

Desco isn't really wrong though. Last year we stunk shooting percentage wise. Definitely ranked worse than 250 div 1 shooting %. And I'd venture to guess since it was a small amount of games that before yesterdays unconscious effort by us that we'd probably were ranked worse than 200 before the game.

Poison said it best. Cautiously optimistic.

Loved the passing of the ball. If the kids keep on doing that our numbers will definitely keep getting much better with easier shots.

« Reply #179 on: December 08, 2013, 10:31:24 PM »
coincidentally someone just put a thread on reedmen on the topic. Looks like we jumped 100 spots or so in 1 game. Hopefully we jump another 100 spots after the cuse game :)