I hope Justin Burrell is....

• 17 replies
I hope Justin Burrell is....
« on: May 14, 2008, 12:35:16 AM »
watching David West tonight because I'd love to see Justin develop the same face up game West has. Justin has the midrange potential in his jumpshot and he has the explosiveness to finish around the basket.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: I hope Justin Burrell is....
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 08:17:39 PM »
STJ needs to shot at a higher percentage from the outside (especially behind the arc) to open things up for JB. Also, a point guard who can penatrate and dish for high percentage shot or kick out for open three. To many times last year teams were just packing down on JB. Outside shoting and a descent Point Guard can open things up. JB has the goods - he is legit.

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:55:11 PM »
STJ needs to shot at a higher percentage from the outside (especially behind the arc) to open things up for JB. Also, a point guard who can penatrate and dish for high percentage shot or kick out for open three. To many times last year teams were just packing down on JB. Outside shoting and a descent Point Guard can open things up. JB has the goods - he is legit.

Think they will be mo penetratin wit Malik gettin mo mins, but the outside shootin left wit Larry.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

kob24

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 09:01:02 PM »
i actually heard one of the kids they signed can shoot but thats all i heard. i want to see justin be more like mcdyess. i dont want him to turn into a shooter. he is a athlete. use it. but west was killing the spurs that was crazy last night.

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 09:03:51 PM »

Think they will be mo penetratin wit Malik gettin mo mins, but the outside shootin left wit Larry.

The coach has to get the entire unit to shoot for a higher percentage collectively. That's the coaches job. One person shouldn't have to cover for Larry. If everyone develops/matures the group as a whole will be more dangerous. The key to this season is the development of last years class. This incoming class will help but Norm's future however long or short is riding with the Soph class.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 11:23:36 PM »

The coach has to get the entire unit to shoot for a higher percentage collectively. That's the coaches job. One person shouldn't have to cover for Larry. If everyone develops/matures the group as a whole will be more dangerous. The key to this season is the development of last years class. This incoming class will help but Norm's future however long or short is riding with the Soph class.

Every year we're rebuilding. The only chance we have to improve is if someone else can help the soph develop, because clearly no one improves under Norm. That, and we need one of our recruits to be a miracle steal.

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 12:29:50 AM »

Every year we're rebuilding. The only chance we have to improve is if someone else can help the soph develop, because clearly no one improves under Norm. That, and we need one of our recruits to be a miracle steal.

If the Soph don't show improvement then it will be a long season. JB is legit and Mason is good player but needs to be more consistant. If the rest of the Sophs improve their overall games collectively then we will have something going. Mason being in and out last year did not help the chemisty between the players. Mase is a dynamic player - he showed flashes last year but needs to do it more consistently. The Sophs will lead us! 

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 03:44:57 PM »
the sophs will lead us..but to where?

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 06:14:56 PM »

Hopefully to at least two games above .500 - gain a little respect back.

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 03:09:36 PM »

To the Big East tourney! DUH

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 08:39:11 PM »

i guess that'll keep some "fans" happy...two games above .500.

sad.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 12:09:06 PM »

i guess that'll keep some "fans" happy...two games above .500.

sad.

From where we are coming from....YES I will take it!! I could easily type 15 games above .500 but lets be real!! I will be happy with 2 above because that's more realistic.....and you can build on that. I am a realistic "fan". You expect everything to be fixed in a season?? And don't give me that crap of we have had 4/5 seasons under Roberts and nothing is better. Based on last years team and this years recruits that's what I am expecting...is that ok with you???? What are your expectations?? The number of wins I expect them to have have nothing to due with the type of "FAN" I am. I think 'feel sorry for me fans' like you are SAD.

Thomas Olik

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 04:07:39 PM »
Everyone has different standards. Some people's standards are higher than other people's, it's simple as that.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 04:27:45 PM »
If the Soph don't show improvement then it will be a long season. JB is legit and Mason is good player but needs to be more consistant. If the rest of the Sophs improve their overall games collectively then we will have something going. Mason being in and out last year did not help the chemisty between the players. Mase is a dynamic player - he showed flashes last year but needs to do it more consistently. The Sophs will lead us! 

Could not agree more PRD. It's pretty clear that next year(and Norm's future with the school) is riding on our talented sophmore class & a healthy Mason jr. Let's hope for ALL our sake that Burrell, Kennedy, Coker, Evans, Horne & Boothe take a step up... and Mase stays injury-free. Then the wildcard in the equation becomes Rob Thomas. If the reports are true and he has really dropped close to 20 lbs. We may finally have "something going" just like u said. Plus, i am hearing nothing but goiod things regarding Roberts & Edmondson.... especially T..  ;D .. Bottom line is there is plenty to look forward to next season. It's now up to our staff to start earning their money ON the court. Can't wait for Cancun baby!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 04:36:53 PM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 07:42:52 PM »
Everyone has different standards. Some people's standards are higher than other people's, it's simple as that.

I agree people have different standards.....but there are realistic and unrealistic expections or standards. What would make me happy as a fan would be for SJT to compete for the national championship every year but based on last year's performance that's unrealistic. I also can do without the "SAD" comment.

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 09:01:28 PM »
it's sad that there are still people out there who think norm is "building" anything and that 15 wins one year will lead to 17 or 18 the next.

norm has shown that 15 wins next year could mean ten the following season.

he's shown it.  how much proof do you need?  norm is way over his head...he's in his 40s...so forget the learning crap.  he's learned all he'll ever learn.

real sad.

pmg911

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 07:35:03 AM »

Could not agree more PRD. It's pretty clear that next year(and Norm's future with the school) is riding on our talented sophmore class & a healthy Mason jr. Let's hope for ALL our sake that Burrell, Kennedy, Coker, Evans, Horne & Boothe take a step up... and Mase stays injury-free. Then the wildcard in the equation becomes Rob Thomas. If the reports are true and he has really dropped close to 20 lbs. We may finally have "something going" just like u said. Plus, i am hearing nothing but goiod things regarding Roberts & Edmondson.... especially T..  ;D .. Bottom line is there is plenty to look forward to next season. It's now up to our staff to start earning their money ON the court. Can't wait for Cancun baby!

HEEEEEEEEEEE'S BAAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2008, 12:31:37 AM »

you're going to cancun? also, theres a thread dedicated to you on the off-topic forum.  im hoping youll read that and respond...
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap