I don't know what to say guys?

• 70 replies
I don't know what to say guys?
« on: January 16, 2014, 10:11:21 PM »
I admit it I bought the hype.  I thought they would be good to potentially real good.

To go from nearly beating Syracuse to starting 0-5 and losing to DePaul and Providence in the same week and losing 10 straight regular season BE games in a row is just mind boggling.  I honestly have no words to describe this.

Every negative thing said about Lavin and the team right now is 100% deserving.  It is totally on him.  This season is turning into a complete disaster and he does not seem to have a clue on how to fix it.  They are dreadfully bad defensively, cannot get stops in key spots, Obekpa has completely disappeared as a defensive force.  Their defensive rebounding is a joke.  They cannot execute in the last 2 minutes of a game.  Totally idiotic substitution patterns. 

I have no energy left to defend him.  Because of the expectations I had for this team this is honestly the WORST I have ever felt about a SJU team that I can remember.  Even the end of the Jarvis years and the beginning of the Roberts years I never expected anything so I never got invested in the losses because I knew they stunk.

In a MILLION years I would not have guessed they would be 0-5 at this point.  IN A MILLION YEARS.

I am just speechless.

boo3

Re: I don't know what to say guys?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:16:34 PM »
Yup... nothing else to add..  An unmitigated disaster.   Jordan should leave after the game.. 

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 10:18:19 PM »
Its tough fordham. So tough. Wish there was a reset button. I hope these seniors get the same chance norms seniors got and get a new coach for their last year. Dunlap deserves millions.

BTW the reason Obekpa isnt a force anymore is because we switch EVERY ball screen! And unlike our team, these other teams take advantage of it and it leaves obekpa guarding a guard 25 feet from the rim and a big man posting up our guards.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 10:21:09 PM »
Agreed... Didn't watched the game thus avoiding a fight with the wife. We need a president and somebody at to give a damn at the school about the b ball program...
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 10:21:37 PM »
Its tough fordham. So tough. Wish there was a reset button. I hope these seniors get the same chance norms seniors got and get a new coach for their last year. Dunlap deserves millions.

BTW the reason Obekpa isnt a force anymore is because we switch EVERY ball screen! And unlike our team, these other teams take advantage of it and it leaves obekpa guarding a guard 25 feet from the rim and a big man posting up our guards.

I agree but he has terrible fundamentals under the glass.  Gets out-rebounded by Desrosiers a couple of times.

I don't even have the energy to complain though.

Another season gone before even got started.  Unfreakingbelievable...

goredmen

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 10:25:17 PM »

You're spot on about the ball screens. He also has so few chances to block shots now that he tries to block some that he has no chance of getting and that takes him out of rebounding position

boo3

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 10:26:11 PM »
More than anything... I'm just sick of watching crappy, shitty basketball.. I've had it.   Absolute disgrace.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 10:31:14 PM »
Look I don't know what is going to happen to Lavin but my guess is he is not going to get fired.

But yeah the pollyana, "Were competing" nonsense is starting to grate on me like everyone else.

No one wants to hear that. I understand he wants to protect the kids in terms of not throwing them under the bus.  But throw yourself under the bus.

Be honest, tell us this is a not acceptable and that this is on you and that YOU need to fix it.

He needs to acknowledge that he owns this 0-5 mess right now.

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 10:31:40 PM »
did you notice that the Lavin PR train has grinded to a halt after the depaul loss. Seems like he went into hiding.

I think somewhere Norm is enjoying this also
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:34:05 PM by valgoth »

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 10:35:44 PM »
did you notice that the Lavin PR train has grinded to a halt after the depaul loss. Seems like he went into hiding.

I think somewhere Norm is enjoying this also

You know I can't help but laugh at that thought.

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 10:38:47 PM »
I don't have an answer either. Extremely disappointing. Still don't quite understand how it's possible.

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 10:43:21 PM »
I don't have an answer either. Extremely disappointing. Still don't quite understand how it's possible.

You would think with just dumb luck they would have 2 wins with this talent.

How in the hell are you 0-4 and TOTALLY DESPERATE FOR A WIN coming home to play a depleted, decent mind you, but depleted PC team and start the game down 16-4???  How is that even possible?  Where is the pride and we can't allow this to happen attitude???

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 10:46:57 PM »

You would think with just dumb luck they would have 2 wins with this talent.

How in the hell are you 0-4 and TOTALLY DESPERATE FOR A WIN coming home to play a depleted, decent mind you, but depleted PC team and start the game down 16-4???  How is that even possible?  Where is the pride and we can't allow this to happen attitude???

Yup. The only players tonight who impressed me with their heart were Gods'gift and Harrison. Other than that, I didn't see it.

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 10:47:56 PM »
We have no scrappers nothing. Good teams have lunch pale guys, we have none

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 10:49:46 PM »

uwsfan

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 10:50:46 PM »
Yup... nothing else to add..  An unmitigated disaster.   Jordan should leave after the game.. 

No, Lavin should leave after the game. Make Whitesell the interim guy and commence the coaching search

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 10:58:30 PM »
I am in negotiations with BEB to buy back the rights to my tale of the tape gimmick,. If I am successful I will do a Norm vs Lavin one tomorrow. Currently Fun is asking for a new vagina bong but I am still negotiating. Stay tuned.

jsk

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 11:00:05 PM »
We have a good hand........but they're Aces and Eights! :-[

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 11:01:39 PM »
Is 0-18 possible? imagine?

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 11:13:17 PM »
Zero points the last 4 minutes against DePaul, outscored 5-0 last 2 minutes tonight.  Twice in Ot after a time out we put up horrendous shots(  sampson lefty and greene air-ball).  Jordan on bench, Hopper in game, that is all on Lavin.  So Sampson gets a leg cramp and your best option is Hopper.  This season is pretty much done and what does the future hold.