Couldnt of called this any better

• 49 replies
Re: Couldnt of called this any better
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2014, 01:28:45 PM »

#2. Roberts developed NOBODY and proved to be a terrible recruiter, he just couldn't close on kids and get them to come play for him. Coach Dunlap was the person that took the scrap heap Lavin in hearted and got every thing they could out of them. Do you remember the difference between Sean Evans under Roberts the Lavin/Dunlap - that is development.

Sean Evans averaged 10 points and 7 rebounds his sophomore year with a .514 FG%. He averaged 3.6 points and 2.3 rebounds per game his senior year with a .494 FG%. 

I think you may have just proved how badly stats can be misleading.

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2014, 01:37:54 PM »

#2. Roberts developed NOBODY and proved to be a terrible recruiter, he just couldn't close on kids and get them to come play for him. Coach Dunlap was the person that took the scrap heap Lavin in hearted and got every thing they could out of them. Do you remember the difference between Sean Evans under Roberts the Lavin/Dunlap - that is development.

Sean Evans averaged 10 points and 7 rebounds his sophomore year with a .514 FG%. He averaged 3.6 points and 2.3 rebounds per game his senior year with a .494 FG%. 

Not misleading at all. Sean Evans was a consistently solid player for us his sophomore year. His senior year he was a factor in maybe 5 games. The 2 Big East tournament games he played excellent ball and the Duke game he was great in the very limited minutes he played. We remember those games but you have to also remember the majority of the season the guy was an absolute scrub and was having his worst season by far since his Freshman year.

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2014, 01:50:33 PM »

Not misleading at all. Sean Evans was a consistently solid player for us his sophomore year. His senior year he was a factor in maybe 5 games. The 2 Big East tournament games he played excellent ball and the Duke game he was great in the very limited minutes he played. We remember those games but you have to also remember the majority of the season the guy was an absolute scrub and was having his worst season by far since his Freshman year.

Give me senior year Sean Evans any day of the week. His sophomore year I cringed every time he touched the ball.

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2014, 11:45:53 PM »
For all those saying we may have advanced in the NCAA T if DJ didn't get hurt-we would have lost if we had 5 DJs. Gonzaga's big front line pounded the crap out of us and blew us out. We had pretty good depth with our mid sized guys-would have needed Bill Walton or Lew Alcindor just to have been competitive that night, the whole team came up small.

This is a really stupid post.
Weren't we a six seed matched with Gonzaga an 11 seed? Who do you guys expect us to matched up against the Sister's of the Poor? Everyone is entitled to their opinion so I will refrain from calling yours really stupid!

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2014, 11:49:37 PM »
For all those saying we may have advanced in the NCAA T if DJ didn't get hurt-we would have lost if we had 5 DJs. Gonzaga's big front line pounded the crap out of us and blew us out. We had pretty good depth with our mid sized guys-would have needed Bill Walton or Lew Alcindor just to have been competitive that night, the whole team came up small.

Weren't we a six seed matched with Gonzaga an 11 seed? Who do you guys expect us to matched up against the Sister's of the Poor? Everyone is entitled to their opinion so I will refrain from calling yours really stupid!

Well, I called your post stupid because it implied we had no shot against 11 seed Gonzaga even with DJ. I'm sorry, but we were a better team than Gonzaga that year. We lost arguably our best player. Hard to recover from that.

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2014, 11:53:22 PM »

Well, I called your post stupid because it implied we had no shot against 11 seed Gonzaga even with DJ. I'm sorry, but we were a better team than Gonzaga that year. We lost arguably our best player. Hard to recover from that.
He may have been our best player but if he was it wasn't by much and we had a lot of players of almost equal ability and DJ at 6'5 wouldn't have helped against their huge frontline IMO. You are entitled to disagree,

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2014, 11:57:52 PM »

He may have been our best player but if he was it wasn't by much and we had a lot of players of almost equal ability and DJ at 6'5 wouldn't have helped against their huge frontline IMO. You are entitled to disagree,

He did a lot of things for us. A jack of all trades. Our leading rebounder, could dish, handle the ball, and score. Not to mention he was our leader. We would have at the very least been competitive had DJ played. I mean it's not like it was a colossal blowout.

Tha Kid

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2014, 11:58:46 PM »
If DJ wasnt hurt we prob get a 3 or 4 seed and dont even play the zags.  His loss was factored into our seeding.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2014, 12:17:10 AM »
If DJ wasnt hurt we prob get a 3 or 4 seed and dont even play the zags.  His loss was factored into our seeding.
But that's not the point we are discussing. We did play the Zags so you can analyze the game and the point we are discussing is the difference DJ would have made. Your point goes to the argument that if DJ wasn't hurt we would have had a more favorable seed, a lesser opponent and a better chance to advance further in the Tournament. That is an argument I would agree with you on.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 12:17:58 AM by Celtics11 »

Poison

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2014, 01:24:26 AM »
St.John's had a responsibility to keep DJ's injury from the NCAA. If they didn't know about it, our seed probably would have been a 4, and we play a Valpo or an Iona.