New York Post Blast

• 48 replies

desco80

Re: New York Post Blast
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 09:03:54 PM »
So who here is Zach's source close to the program?   

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 09:08:22 PM »
Fair and honest assessment.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 09:10:55 PM »
So who here is Zach's source close to the program?   
Needs2go, obviously.

goredmen

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 09:15:36 PM »
I was the one ripping Braziller in one of the other threads yesterday. This is a solid article with some real good quotes. I just wonder if Braziller asks Lavin any serious questions regarding some of the stuff written in this article.

The most interesting part of the article to me is the source that believes Lavin may not want to be here anymore. Many on this board speculated about that but to hear that is a thought from people at the university is pretty disconcerting and somewhat relieving at the same time

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 09:22:12 PM »

Wow.  Why don't you guys go tell the Post writer he is angry and has hate issues and he should go hang out with molesters and killers like you did to someone who made these same exact statements say only a day or so ago.  Some strange stuff goes on around here trying to defend the obvious.

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 09:24:36 PM »

Wow.  Why don't you guys go tell the Post writer he is angry and has hate issues and he should go hang out with molesters and killers like you did to someone who made these same exact statements say only a day or so ago.  Some strange stuff goes on around here trying to defend the obvious.

If he published a version of this article 54 times in his first 9 days on the job, I'm sure we would

desco80

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 09:31:47 PM »
Need2go,

I've got no problem with you buddy.   In fact I kind of think of you like the cartoon devil on a tv character's shoulder.  You say out loud what a lot of us are thinking when we're really pissed off.   The difference is you always think that way, most of us only go there when our frustration reaches a peak, then we calm down again.

I'm not sure why no one has said this to you before, but try not to create a new thread for topics that are already being discussed elsewhere.  Don't reply to yourself.   And don't regurgitate the same argument 10x in the same day.   Make your point once or twice and leave it at that.
I'm really not trying to be a jerk.  Do those things and most posters will generally lay off. 

Again, good article by Zach.   I think it's interesting though that he goes out of his way to point out that no one is saying Lavin should be fired.   If you're taking the pulse of the program from the boards - that's just not true.   Few are demanding it happen today, but there are certainly rumblings.   Zach should have alluded to that.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:32:16 PM by desco80 »

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 09:32:37 PM »

We get it. Please give it a rest.

cjfish

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 09:37:09 PM »
THe much-deserved negative media storm has begun.  By March 1 New York will be screaming for Lavin's head, if anyone then cares about SJU hoops but the diehard fans.  A miracle turnaround is the only thing which will save Lavin from being labeled the year's most notable underachieving coach.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 10:02:01 PM »
The  negative media storm has begun.  By March 1 New York will be screaming for Lavin's head, if anyone then cares about SJU hoops but the diehard fans.  A miracle turnaround is the only thing which will save Lavin from being labeled the year's most notable underachieving coach.

I heard folks at SJU are not happy, which is a good sign that somebody does give a crap...There are fans out there and I think the school wants to get excited, but they need something to get excited about...

Lavin has been a great face of the program up until this season...Hopefully he can turn this ship around and continue to be the face of the program. The difference between charismatic and full of shit is wins...
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 11:54:43 PM »
The difference between charismatic and full of shit is wins...

This is a great quote and absolutely true.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 08:14:59 AM »
I agree with the article 100%. I am a long time season ticket holder who was completely wrong about Lavin.
I thought he was the real deal.I bought into everything he said because I wanted us to succeed.
Lavin actions show that he has lost interest, the team has stopped listening. They appear confused about their roles and the fans have lost patience. I am very upset  when he is faced with some adversity, he packed it in. That is not cool and is not the someone I want coaching our team. If he stays, I believe we will be hit with a few kids transferring, so the chaos will continue.  Also, his high paid assistants don't seem to be doing anything to make a difference which is mind boggling!
Enough is enough.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 09:16:10 AM »
Just my opinion but I think the anger towards Lavin is the BS factor. Norm was overmatched and it showed. I think you could see that he was bothered by the failure. Lavin pretty ironicallly seems to think he is the smartest guy in the room and could just talk away his failures with nonsense.

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 09:18:21 AM »
I wish someone had written an article like this in year four of Norm's reign of error.  My guess is the source is Hicks.  Always look towards the disgruntled ex employees for good source material.  Barring that, the source could be the St. John's boards.  Zach can read as well as the rest of us.  My hope is the article will put the staff in manic mode and we'll succeed from here.

Foad

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 09:28:53 AM »
Just my opinion but I think the anger towards Lavin is the BS factor. Norm was overmatched and it showed. I think you could see that he was bothered by the failure. Lavin pretty ironicallly seems to think he is the smartest guy in the room and could just talk away his failures with nonsense.

Lavin is so dumb that he mistakes his own stupidity for cleverness.

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 09:40:35 AM »
The difference between charismatic and full of shit is wins...

This is a great quote and absolutely true.
Although one can still remain a charismatic speaker, just not as a coach ;)

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 09:53:28 AM »
I don't know what will happen after this season, but if things remain tough, I would not be surprised to see a coach with an expiring contract end of season at least being interviewed: http://www.coachdunlap.com/ (haven't seen his website posted on here yet)

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 09:57:26 AM »
I wonder what Mr. Repole is thinking about when he sees the continuing ineptitude................."Is this what I get for my money?"

wpc77

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 10:27:24 AM »
I doubt Zach's source comes from the boards; also I have heard others who have insights in the program saying similar things.  It's not exactly a secret that several SJU longtime boosters are unhappy and concerned.