I am giving Lavin at least one more season.

• 79 replies

Poison

Re: I am giving Lavin at least one more season.
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2014, 04:05:32 PM »
Also, Lavin's not afraid to sign up some JUCO's.

LOL no need to worry if Lavin keeps striking out on the high school recruits like he has been lately because he will just move to the Junior Colleges and show us all his great eye for talent like he has in the past when he went the JC route and got us hyped up stars like Nurideen Lindesey, Marc-Antoine Borgault, God's Gift Achuiwa, and let's not forget about 25 year old Orlando Sanchez.

0 for 4 is a horrible percentage but nobody worry we always have Junior College

Some of those guys are overrated, but at this point don't you think it's fair to pin Lindsay's basketball career on Lindsay?
Also, FWIW, I'd be fine with giving Max Hooper a secured spot on the bench. I've seen enough of him. Marco never sniffed the playing time Max has had. Another guy deserves a chance.

boo3

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2014, 04:09:43 PM »
"This is an ugly, ugly time for St John's basketball with a very disappointing future on the horizon."

So dramatic....settle down....  Things have been worse and it wasn't that long ago.. Not sure how old you are, but you come off as a newbie to the perils of STJ basketball..

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2014, 04:11:30 PM »
.....which I am pretty close to doing... The love and passion I once had for STJ basketball is merely a fraction of what it once was..  The downfall started a few years into the Norm years, lead to a dumping of seasons that were in my family since 1980,  to now, where I'm indifferent to even watching some games where any effort is required..

I ,too, thought things would change with Lavin.  While the level of recruit has been better, the on court results haven't been good. 

Curious to see how rest of season and next plays out.  I would be shocked if Lavin isn't here....Shocked.   Makes no sense to me that he would leave, but you never know..

Now that SJU, Knicks and Mets suck I have decided to put all my energy into Todd Marinaviching my 4 year old son. He can already dribble between his legs and in 13 years it is going to cost some college a boat load of $ plus a couple of three boob women for his pops, to get my kid to commit to their school.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:13:44 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2014, 04:12:49 PM »
I'm thinking that we will field a team just fine in 2 years....not something that concerns me personally.   We will have a team next season as well. 

Finishing this season strong is the most important thing for the program at the moment.   All starts tonight with a thumping of Seton Hall.

Can't change the past and future isn't here yet,  if the present is that terrifying,  try a new hobby.

.....which I am pretty close to doing... The love and passion I once had for STJ basketball is merely a fraction of what it once was..  The downfall started a few years into the Norm years, lead to a dumping of seasons that were in my family since 1980,  to now, where I'm indifferent to even watching some games where any effort is required..

I ,too, thought things would change with Lavin.  While the level of recruit has been better, the on court results haven't been good. 

Curious to see how rest of season and next plays out.  I would be shocked if Lavin isn't here....Shocked.   Makes no sense to me that he would leave, but you never know..

I know how you feel man. Its tough following a team who keeps failing and I am finding it tough also to watch all the games like I used to. Its hard to talk about the present since I can't see what realistic changes will be made to bring us to our preseason expectations.

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2014, 04:17:24 PM »

Now that SJU, Knicks and Mets suck I have decided to put all my energy into Todd Marinaviching my 4 year old son. He can already dribble between his legs and in 13 years it is going to cost some college a boat load of $ plus a couple of three boob women for his pops, to get my kid to commit to their school.

:) Glad to hear that. One of the biggest reasons Im into sports the way I am is because of my dad.

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2014, 04:19:50 PM »
"This is an ugly, ugly time for St John's basketball with a very disappointing future on the horizon."

So dramatic....settle down....  Things have been worse and it wasn't that long ago.. Not sure how old you are, but you come off as a newbie to the perils of STJ basketball..
Boo3
Which is  worst haven seen the good years and missing them or have never seen good years?

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2014, 04:22:51 PM »
at this point don't you think it's fair to pin Lindsay's basketball career on Lindsay?

Why even sign a kid like this then.  He didn't force his way onto the team Lavin offered him a scholarship and hyped the heck out of his like he does every other one of his recruits.  Why do so many of the players Lavin goes after and hypes up end up being nobody's including the ones that are never coached by Lavin.

Instead of continuing to say Lavin is such a great recruiter with absolutely no merit why not say Lavin has a terrible, terrible, I am talking brutal eye for talent.

Remi Barry- stinks
Dwayne Polee- stinks
Norvel Pelle- stinks
Amir Garrett- totally overrated (although I like him)
Dom Pointer- stinks
Nurideen Lindsey- stinks
Darrick Wood- stinks
Devon Thomas-stinks
God's Gift- stinks
Orlando Sanchez- stinks
Marco Borgault- stinks
Jamal Branch- stinks
Max Hooper- stinks
Chris Obeckpa- stinks

Jakar Sampson-  decent but totally overrated
Phil Greene- decent
DAngelo Harrison- decent
Rysheed Jordan- decent

Mo Harkless- very good

Felix Balamou- ?
Christian Jones- ?

boo3

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2014, 04:26:26 PM »

Boo3
Which is  worst haven seen the good years and missing them or have never seen good years?

I would have rather seen the good years and miss them..of course.    Good years for STJ is a real programs crappy season, though,  so keep things in perspective.

We are what we are... Average, middling program, with no legit chance to ever win an NCAA title..  Took me a a while to accept, but it is the truth.  If you believe otherwise, you are kidding yourself.

One Final 4, in forever.. Come on?   

« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2014, 04:27:36 PM »
at this point don't you think it's fair to pin Lindsay's basketball career on Lindsay?

Why even sign a kid like this then.  He didn't force his way onto the team Lavin offered him a scholarship and hyped the heck out of his like he does every other one of his recruits.  Why do so many of the players Lavin goes after and hypes up end up being nobody's including the ones that are never coached by Lavin.

Instead of continuing to say Lavin is such a great recruiter with absolutely no merit why not say Lavin has a terrible, terrible, I am talking brutal eye for talent.

Remi Barry- stinks
Dwayne Polee- stinks
Norvel Pelle- stinks
Dom Pointer- stinks
Nurideen Lindsey- stinks
Darrick Wood- stinks
Devon Thomas-stinks
God's Gift- stinks
Orlando Sanchez- stinks
Marco Borgault- stinks
Jamal Branch- stinks
Max Hooper- stinks
Chris Obeckpa- stinks

Phil Greene- decent
DAngelo Harrison- decent
Rysheed Jordan- decent

Mo Harkless- very good

Felix Balamou- ?
Christian Jones- ?

"Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you sit this next one out, stop talking for a while."

boo3

« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2014, 04:28:24 PM »
  Reading some posts by certain people can actually destroy brain cells

« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2014, 04:48:15 PM »
It's been a l

It's been a long time since a post here made me laugh out loud. That's a breath of fresh air in the midst of all the hand-wringing going on right now.

Enjoy the bag full of cash and your special friends when the time comes...

« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2014, 05:10:55 PM »

Remi Barry- stinks
Dwayne Polee- stinks
Norvel Pelle- stinks
Dom Pointer- stinks
Nurideen Lindsey- stinks
Darrick Wood- stinks
Devon Thomas-stinks
God's Gift- stinks
Orlando Sanchez- stinks
Marco Borgault- stinks
Jamal Branch- stinks
Max Hooper- stinks
Chris Obeckpa- stinks

Phil Greene- decent
DAngelo Harrison- decent
Rysheed Jordan- decent

Mo Harkless- very good

Felix Balamou- ?
Christian Jones- ?

False but stay classy

Poison

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2014, 05:15:49 PM »

Remi Barry- stinks
Dwayne Polee- stinks
Norvel Pelle- stinks
Dom Pointer- stinks
Nurideen Lindsey- stinks
Darrick Wood- stinks
Devon Thomas-stinks
God's Gift- stinks
Orlando Sanchez- stinks
Marco Borgault- stinks
Jamal Branch- stinks
Max Hooper- stinks
Chris Obeckpa- stinks

Phil Greene- decent
DAngelo Harrison- decent
Rysheed Jordan- decent

Mo Harkless- very good

Felix Balamou- ?
Christian Jones- ?

Devon Thomas doesn't stink. He doesn't exist.

goredmen

« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2014, 05:55:19 PM »

Remi Barry- stinks
Dwayne Polee- stinks
Norvel Pelle- stinks
Dom Pointer- stinks
Nurideen Lindsey- stinks
Darrick Wood- stinks
Devon Thomas-stinks
God's Gift- stinks
Orlando Sanchez- stinks
Marco Borgault- stinks
Jamal Branch- stinks
Max Hooper- stinks
Chris Obeckpa- stinks

Phil Greene- decent
DAngelo Harrison- decent
Rysheed Jordan- decent

Mo Harkless- very good

Felix Balamou- ?
Christian Jones- ?

Devon Thomas doesn't stink. He doesn't exist.

dont burst his bubble

Moose

« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2014, 10:41:52 PM »

Remi Barry- stinks
Dwayne Polee- stinks
Norvel Pelle- stinks
Dom Pointer- stinks
Nurideen Lindsey- stinks
Darrick Wood- stinks
Devon Thomas-stinks
God's Gift- stinks
Orlando Sanchez- stinks
Marco Borgault- stinks
Jamal Branch- stinks
Max Hooper- stinks
Chris Obeckpa- stinks

Phil Greene- decent
DAngelo Harrison- decent
Rysheed Jordan- decent

Mo Harkless- very good

Felix Balamou- ?
Christian Jones- ?

So not only can he not coach he can't recruit.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry that we missed on some of those guys.  Lucky or sad?
We're doomed.
Remember who broke the Slice news

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2014, 11:30:44 PM »
Needs2go...How hard has Lavin kicked your puppy? Seriously you have posted a hail storm of hate about him recently...Everyone on this board has a reason to be disappointed about this season and Lavin, but you have taken it up a notch. The second question I have is where were you at the beginning of the season? Everybody on this bored (including Poison, who I consider the ultimate realist) had high hopes for this year, did you expect this team to be good and are now shocked and dismayed? You wanted to fire Lavin now, which is unrealistic....It is easy to throw dimes now and say it he is a horrible coach, but were you saying this during the Syracuse game ?

You and everyone on this bored has a right to be disappointed about Lavin and this team this year...You have revved up the hate that seems to come out of nowhere and I am honestly asking why.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2014, 11:32:55 PM »
Needs2go...How hard has Lavin kicked your puppy? Seriously you have posted a hail storm of hate about him recently...Everyone on this board has a reason to be disappointed about this season and Lavin, but you have taken it up a notch. The second question I have is where were you at the beginning of the season? Everybody on this bored (including Poison, who I consider the ultimate realist) had high hopes for this year, did you expect this team to be good and are now shocked and dismayed? You wanted to fire Lavin now, which is unrealistic....It is easy to throw dimes now and say it he is a horrible coach, but were you saying this during the Syracuse game ?

You and everyone on this bored has a right to be disappointed about Lavin and this team this year...You have revved up the hate that seems to come out of nowhere and I am honestly asking why.

There are certain posters who only show up when times or bad, or after bad news breaks. It's been happening ever since I started posting here. I don't get it either.

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2014, 11:46:44 PM »

Remi Barry- stinks
Dwayne Polee- stinks
Norvel Pelle- stinks
Dom Pointer- stinks
Nurideen Lindsey- stinks
Darrick Wood- stinks
Devon Thomas-stinks
God's Gift- stinks
Orlando Sanchez- stinks
Marco Borgault- stinks
Jamal Branch- stinks
Max Hooper- stinks
Chris Obeckpa- stinks

Phil Greene- decent
DAngelo Harrison- decent
Rysheed Jordan- decent

Mo Harkless- very good

Felix Balamou- ?
Christian Jones- ?

why do you bother posting? It's one thing to state your opinion and move on...you've beat the horse...it's dead!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:48:10 PM by section3 »

« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2014, 11:49:54 PM »

I think he p-ed in his his stale Cheerios.

goredmen

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2014, 12:31:24 AM »
Steve Lavin (@SJUCoachLavin) tweeted at 0:27 AM on Fri, Jan 24, 2014:
From my first day on the job I’ve had the greatest possible support a head basketball coach could hope for from the #SJUBB administration.

Interesting tweet.... He rattled about 7 tweets in a row about the game and then snuck that one in there
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:35:53 AM by goredmen »