Agenda

• 6 replies

TONYD3

Agenda
« on: January 23, 2014, 05:51:58 PM »
A few years ago on this site I was having a debate with someone . Don't remember what the issue was. Don't remember who it was I was arguing with. But that person accused me of having an agenda. It kind of made no sense to me. I think of my self as a fan and even though I yell at games and at the tv I understand I have little say of what goes on with the team.
I was looking forward to the season, like most of u guys. This start caught me off guard. As did last seasons collapse . I coach hs and middle school. My goals are to win games but I am trying to make my boys men not get them into the nba . I don't make millions . lavin does. His number one goal is to win. Number 2 goal is win. Team was playing well last year, why suspend ur best player. He should have played out the season and replaced him. Why red shirt gift? Why take the redshirt off Felix ? Why play walkons? Again goal is to win.
I agree we should give him another chance. He made a mess. Hopefully he can fix it. Making nit is not what I was looking for. But I would take that now.
If he fails to accomplish even that. Then he is a failure and he belongs no where near a division 1 team. Giving him another year is crazy. I give him tonight . Win I get behind him. Lose he is 0-6. This is not an 0-6 team.
Anyone who is still behind him at 0-6. I absolutely question if they have an agenda. I am proud of my school and my team. This guy is making millions . Produce and I will happily get behind him.  No more excuses.

Poison

Re: Agenda
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 06:11:54 PM »
I have an agenda. I'd like to not be embarrassed to be a fan of this program.

LJSA

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 08:21:31 PM »
Some people just take longer to see what may in fact be mounting evidence against the staff. Some people were on Norm since season one; others figured it out years later.

Same thing will happen with Lavin.

And like Norm, the people who stick with Lavin until the bitter end if he indeed goes down in flames are either related to him, met him at a function and liked him, or were bought a meal by him.

I never thought Lavin was a great coach. But hearing that he may be shutting it down on the recruiting trail is troubling. Don't screw the program by shutting down effort if you are planning on leaving, or angling for an extension, etc.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 09:16:01 PM »
I have an agenda. I'd like to not be embarrassed to be a fan of this program.

+1

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 01:19:03 AM »

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 03:31:44 PM »
A few years ago on this site I was having a debate with someone . Don't remember what the issue was. Don't remember who it was I was arguing with.

Reminds me of conversations I have with my Grandmother
 :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:32:10 PM by we are sju »