st. johns may notebook (part 1)

• 6 replies
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kjd01067

Re: st. johns may notebook (part 1)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 01:57:39 PM »
Nice job Theo.  So we know that Edmondson and Horne will be backing up point. Dont like the idea of Mase running the point.  The offense looks like shit when mason is in the game and i dont want to see it with him running the point.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 02:42:20 PM »
Nice job Theo.  So we know that Edmondson and Horne will be backing up point. Dont like the idea of Mase running the point.  The offense looks like shit when mason is in the game and i dont want to see it with him running the point.

mase is only bad when he thinks he can handle the ball.

Poison

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 04:01:45 PM »
I agree.

Mason stands there dribbling, and then he takes a good long look around the court, before throwing up an off balance 19 foot jumper.

Boothe, and Edmonson should handle the ball from what I can see. Horne really doesn't have a position right now.
What exactly is he? A slasher, who shoots great sometimes, and other times he can't hit anything.

Not sure about Horne at the 1. Did he even log any assists this year?
Kid needs to work on finishing strong, not running an offense. Athletically, he's a weapon.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 04:28:12 PM »
Horne: .5 assists/ game in 15 minutes.  He had 3 against Niagara.  Take it as you will; he was in there to play defense and take shots.  If the team moves the ball around more, maybe he logs some assists, but nothing yet shows that he has a tendency to pass.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 07:53:59 PM »
Horne: .5 assists/ game in 15 minutes.  He had 3 against Niagara.  Take it as you will; he was in there to play defense and take shots.  If the team moves the ball around more, maybe he logs some assists, but nothing yet shows that he has a tendency to pass.

exactly. i like dj kennedy running it more. he's gonna be a player. raw, but at times great.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 08:09:53 PM »
if DJ improves his handle i see him possibly playing some point.  i still think this team is in trouble at PG though.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap