Looking ahead

• 175 replies

LJSA

Re: Looking ahead
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2014, 05:16:14 PM »
You don't handle numbers well for a math teacher.

He once mentioned that he had left the classroom for a district office job. Probably because he was a shitty teacher.

cjfish

« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »
WHile all of you are arguing about Branch, it is clear that Harrison is choking like a dog as the season comes down to crunch time.  Individual stats are only an indication, not the answer to anything.  Rebounding is the only stat that is inherently important.   BBall is the ultimate team game and a player can be very valuable without being statistically impressive.  An example:  Although he has been a disappointment, Sanchez sets many more inside screens than anyone on the team, at times more than one in a series.   

LoganK

« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2014, 05:52:52 PM »
He never makes a pass that leads to a basket ever

Odd definition of "never ... ever": he's 4th in assists (44) and 8th in minutes played (367). Jordan leads the team with about twice as many (81) in about twice as many minutes (685). You don't handle numbers well for a math teacher.

He's a teacher!?!?!?!????!?  I'm speechless...

« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2014, 05:53:25 PM »

He once mentioned that he had left the classroom for a district office job. Probably because he was a shitty teacher.

Dave, where ya at?

« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2014, 05:54:06 PM »
You don't handle numbers well for a math teacher.

Maybe coincidence but Realfan was a math teacher

Marillac

« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2014, 08:58:32 PM »
WHile all of you are arguing about Branch, it is clear that Harrison is choking like a dog

I'm not familiar with the analogy.  Do dogs choke more than other animals? 
Needs2go, care to provide stats on this one?

cjfish

« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2014, 09:42:41 PM »
WHo Knows?  It is a stolen phrase from Dottie Pepper, esteemed golf analyst and bad tempered girl from Saratoga Springs.  Referenced a Solheim Cup choke by American players, she thought mike was off.  Great moment.  Like Uncle Miltie, I steal my lines.

« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2014, 11:07:55 PM »
He gone!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2014, 11:14:07 PM »
He gone!

He predicted his own demise.  LOL!

MCNPA

« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2014, 11:46:26 PM »
I'm at the point where I'm not sure where to "look ahead" to?  Our team of 13 players and a few coaches are clearly afflicted.  We can't get through a season with at least 5-10 episodes of major strife.  Other programs clearly don't have this much.   We have kids and coaches out every week for family and personal illness, deaths, births, grades, transfers, fights, suspension, cryptic violations, ineligibility and the like for several seasons now.  Maybe we should just forget about this basketball thing. 

Mike

« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2014, 11:52:29 PM »

Mike

« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2014, 11:54:14 PM »
WHo Knows?  It is a stolen phrase from Dottie Pepper, esteemed golf analyst and bad tempered girl from Saratoga Springs.  Referenced a Solheim Cup choke by American players, she thought mike was off.  Great moment.  Like Uncle Miltie, I steal my lines.

Do you know her? Are u from Saratoga?

« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2014, 11:59:51 PM »

« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2014, 12:00:49 AM »
I'm at the point where I'm not sure where to "look ahead" to?  Our team of 13 players and a few coaches are clearly afflicted.  We can't get through a season with at least 5-10 episodes of major strife.  Other programs clearly don't have this much.   We have kids and coaches out every week for family and personal illness, deaths, births, grades, transfers, fights, suspension, cryptic violations, ineligibility and the like for several seasons now.  Maybe we should just forget about this basketball thing. 
when MCN starts getting down we are really in trouble

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2014, 12:35:55 AM »
when MCN starts getting down we are really in trouble

Hang in there it ain't over yet. Despite all of this we still technically control our destiny. We are still improved from last year and our ability to recruit better players has increased (Jordan). If we fail to make the playoff it will be a step back. It is still an improvement (however slight) from last year. This season is a bizarre one as I have ever seen...a birth and a death in the same  week...Has this ever happen before? Despite all that their is hope...

Sadly the fluctuation in the Lavin era is just as frustrating since Louie left. #redmencurse
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2014, 01:07:32 AM »

Providence has had more than us recently.  They muddle through.  That's what we have to do.

« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2014, 01:47:07 AM »
I challenge some one to come up with Branch's record as the starting pg of the team I am sure it is something like 5-20.  I almost freaked out when I saw he started last game and almost instantly I chalked it up as an L.

15 minutes in wins, 11.5 in losses

Are you going to try and rationalize this Needs2Go?  Or are you going to pretend it was never said and hope no one notices...For such a terrible player, the stats seem to show we win more when he plays more.  If you could also rationalize why you stated that Branch should be as good or better than our starting PG if you wouldn't mind.

This is fun...seriously...I look forward to your response.

Thanks logan, here's another one that he continues to ignore.

Started big east 0-5 branches minutes:  9.4
6-3  in BE games hes played since then:  16.6

Jamal Branch makes us better plain and simple. If you can say he cant drive and cant pass then you really can not understand the game of basketball.

I like Branch as a back-up but you forgot to add that the team is 2-0 in BE games that he hasn't played in.

I don't think you would agree that he has to play either 16 mins or 0 mins for the team to win.

Johnnie I didnt forget to add it. I said games that he has played in. There is no saying how well or much he would/wouldn't play in those games. I'm not sure on your last point. My only point is that branch make this team better.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2014, 07:54:49 AM »
If we fail to make the playoff it will be a step back.

What’s that? Ah — Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game.

« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2014, 08:29:44 AM »

Uncle Miltie? You've  just identified yourself as a dinosaur. As have I.

« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2014, 09:32:17 AM »