Depaul Game - Player of the Game

• 41 replies

desco80

Depaul Game - Player of the Game
« on: March 02, 2014, 03:29:23 PM »
D'angelo

Re: Depaul Game - Player of the Game
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 03:34:34 PM »
I can't give it to D'Angelo because of that 2nd half performance. I'm giving it to Dom because of his clutchness. I honestly think if he doesn't get either of those two incredible blocks, we lose that game.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 04:20:54 PM »
I went with CO.  He was a huge presence on the defensive end.  And assisted on probably the biggest basket of the game when he drove and then dished to Orlando for the easy 2 when we were only up 3!! 

Foad

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 05:27:38 PM »
I went with CO.  He was a huge presence on the defensive end.  And assisted on probably the biggest basket of the game when he drove and then dished to Orlando for the easy 2 when we were only up 3!! 

Harrison player of the game. Pointer play of the game: the block from behind on the breakaway after a turnover up three was huge. 

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 06:19:20 PM »
Went with CO. Kept those blocks in play and turned them into points. Those points might be the point differential in the game.

Win and move on. BTW, we've won 7 of last 10.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 06:37:05 PM »
We had a lot of good performances tonight, but D-Lo is at the top.   He accounted for 33 of our 72 points (with his points and assists).  That doesn't even mention how many points his 10 rebounds led to.   He made some big free throws late, as he usually does.  Obekpa looked great, but without D-lo today, we would have gotten killed. 

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 07:06:08 PM »
I honestly do not know how anyone voted for anyone other than Obepka?

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 07:48:04 PM »

Thats because very few on here have a clue about the game of basketball. Anyone who would vote for Harrison cannot of possibly watched more then three games in their lifetime.  He was a train wreck in the second half and did his best to give the game away.  Were it not for CO's blocked shots, bailing out Harirsons continuous turnovers, poor ball handling, horrendous forced BAD shots and lack of defense, we lose the game by 10.  Harrison did have a good first half but his horrendous second half outweighs his first half effort.  And what did he shoot in the second half?  I don't give a crap about his points as he took a multitude of shots.

As for the game, no comment.  I said I would be back at the end of the season to post some final thoughts.

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 07:55:36 PM »
Dlo, Dom and Sanchez all had great games but Obekpa was absolutely dominant on the defensive end.   An absolutely incredible performance.

Also, that drive and dish to Orlando for the dunk was incredible and came at a time when we desperately needed it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 07:57:38 PM by simplyred »

TONYD3

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 07:59:58 PM »
Linda we won. I thought u only comment when we lose . The guy had some turnovers , still scored 25. Didn't play a good 1st half ,Dominated and got lead up to 20.  Game  was not as close as score. Harrison by far best player on court. Had fun at game. Game was never in doubt.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 08:04:02 PM »
Linda we won. I thought u only comment when we lose . The guy had some turnovers , still scored 25. Didn't play a good 1st half ,Dominated and got lead up to 20.  Game  was not as close as score. Harrison by far best player on court. Had fun at game. Game was never in doubt.

When they had the ball down by 3 driving to the rim I had quite a bit of doubt.

bk8664

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 08:07:32 PM »

Your right, the games wasn't as close as the score..  it was closer.   The game was definitely in doubt.  We only won by that much because of the free throws at the end.  After being up huge, the team played loose, took bad shots and turned the ball over way too much.

PIB

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 08:15:01 PM »
D'lo

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 08:16:19 PM »

Your right, the games wasn't as close as the score..  it was closer.   The game was definitely in doubt.  We only won by that much because of the free throws at the end.  After being up huge, the team played loose, took bad shots and turned the ball over way too much.

Without Dom's plays we lose. Dom's blocks were HUGE momentum shifts.

DFF6

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 08:22:16 PM »
I gave it to Dlo but debated giving it to Obekpa. If Obekpa played this well against Nova or Xavier, we might have one or both of those games. He is really becoming a terrifc big man. By next year, he could really be special, and even wind up being a higher pick in the draft than Sampson, assuming they both stay until next year.

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 08:23:25 PM »

Thats because very few on here have a clue about the game of basketball. Anyone who would vote for Harrison cannot of possibly watched more then three games in their lifetime.  He was a train wreck in the second half and did his best to give the game away.  Were it not for CO's blocked shots, bailing out Harirsons continuous turnovers, poor ball handling, horrendous forced BAD shots and lack of defense, we lose the game by 10.  Harrison did have a good first half but his horrendous second half outweighs his first half effort.  And what did he shoot in the second half?  I don't give a crap about his points as he took a multitude of shots.

As for the game, no comment.  I said I would be back at the end of the season to post some final thoughts.

25 points 10 rebounds and 4 assists. Yea how could anyone think he was player of the game??
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

PIB

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 08:26:20 PM »
If you said you'd be back at the end of the season, then why are you still here?

See you later.

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 08:42:51 PM »
D Lo also played 38 minutes out of necessity due to no Jordan.   Obekpa had a dominating defensive game, but I thought D-Lo stood out more a little more.  Regardless, we got the W and move on.  Lets get another next Sat.   

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 08:50:13 PM »

25 points 10 rebounds and 4 assists. Yea how could anyone think he was player of the game??

Harrison needs to play well for us to have a chance.
I thought Obepka's D was the difference especially down the stretch.
Nothing against Harrison, Sanchez and Pointer who all played well.

TONYD3

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 09:05:36 PM »
D'lo also played good defense . Team played well. Let up a bit. We won. Fun day.