Marquette Game 2

• 202 replies

goredmen

Re: Marquette Game 2
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »
You guys are crazy for thinking only 1 will have us on the bubble next Sunday IMO. 2 wins and I still think we would have to go to Dayton in the first 4

We were on the bubble already.  Add wins over  Marquette and Providence gives us a chance.

We are on the outside of the bubble now. Beating Providence may have us on the bubble the day after we beat them but every other bubble team will have a chance to pick up wins of their own. We only have 1 win over a non-bubble tournament team. Thats not good

redslope

« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2014, 03:29:09 PM »
Pumped we won but what the #$%^ is lavin doing playing GG down the stretch?

Because Marquette has two elephants playing down low
Too right--I was thinking Gardner was going to turn our defenders into road kill; built like a Mack Truck and gets off the ground as high as one

« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2014, 03:32:09 PM »
Bad win against a bad team.

This team is headed to the NIT. Can see them pulling out 2 more.
No such thing as a bad road win especially in conference and marq is not a bad team and are especially tough at home plus we beat them twice and on senior day when they have 4 seniors who play a lot. Hey, I just convinced myself it was a GREAT win and maybe the best of the season considering Creighton was a home game!

« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2014, 03:35:57 PM »
You guys are crazy for thinking only 1 will have us on the bubble next Sunday IMO. 2 wins and I still think we would have to go to Dayton in the first 4

We were on the bubble already.  Add wins over  Marquette and Providence gives us a chance.

We are on the outside of the bubble now. Beating Providence may have us on the bubble the day after we beat them but every other bubble team will have a chance to pick up wins of their own. We only have 1 win over a non-bubble tournament team. Thats not good

I don't think you understand what on he bubble means.  Lunardi had us in the second four out starting today.  That is on the bubble.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2014, 03:38:54 PM »
I believe we're in,but win 1 @ the garden and it's punch the ticket for "The Dance"

« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2014, 03:39:47 PM »

I don't think you understand what on he bubble means.  Lunardi had us in the second four out starting today.  That is on the bubble.
But that position is on a bubble with a hair pin within 1/8 of an inch of the bubble.

goredmen

« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2014, 03:41:44 PM »

At this point in the season yes thats the bubble. If today was selection Sunday and we were in that position we wouldnt be considered a bubble team because we'd have no shot of getting in. A bubble team on selection Sunday is a team that you dont know is in or not until the show airs. By saying we'll be a bubble team with 1 more win means we'd be watching the selection show not knowing if we are in or out

ESPNU ‏@ESPNU  3m

As of 3:30et @ESPNLunardi
LAST 4 IN
• Ark
• Tenn
• Dayton
• Nebraska

FIRST 4 OUT
• California
• Providence
• Minnesota
• FSU

How are we going to jump at least 5 of those teams with only 1 more win? Thats assuming theres no bid stealers out there either
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 03:43:39 PM by goredmen »

« Reply #187 on: March 08, 2014, 03:41:47 PM »
Next 4 out leaves you out. Want to be at least last 4 in so there is work to do win at least 2 to teeter either way hopefully in.

« Reply #188 on: March 08, 2014, 03:50:17 PM »
I think it's pretty simple. SJU (assuming they beat PC/XU) is going to have a shot to play Nova. They win- in. They lose- long shot bubble.

boo3

« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2014, 03:54:08 PM »
 You guys are lost of you think one more gets us in... 2 , at a minimum... 

Gift had to play. CO and Sampson were done.. Lets not forget either, the reason he was on the line so much was because he was pulling down huge rebounds. 

paultzman

« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2014, 04:10:46 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: St. John’s nips Marquette in double OT thriller to boost NCAA hopes http://t.co/tPGaPjDOaG #sjubb

« Reply #191 on: March 08, 2014, 06:05:47 PM »

At this point in the season yes thats the bubble. If today was selection Sunday and we were in that position we wouldnt be considered a bubble team because we'd have no shot of getting in. A bubble team on selection Sunday is a team that you dont know is in or not until the show airs. By saying we'll be a bubble team with 1 more win means we'd be watching the selection show not knowing if we are in or out

ESPNU ‏@ESPNU  3m

LAST 4 IN
• Ark
• Tenn
• Dayton
• Nebraska

FIRST 4 OUT
• California
• Providence
• Minnesota
• FSU

How are we going to jump at least 5 of those teams with only 1 more win? Thats assuming theres no bid stealers out there either

So based on this only 3 BE teams get in?

goredmen

« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2014, 06:48:39 PM »

ESPNU ‏@ESPNU  3m

LAST 4 IN
• Ark
• Tenn
• Dayton
• Nebraska

FIRST 4 OUT
• California
• Providence
• Minnesota
• FSU

So based on this only 3 BE teams get in?

According to Lunardi as of now yes. Assuming Creighton beats Providence tonight and we beat providence and lose to Nova in the BET, and Creighton knocks off gtown on Thursday only 3 BE teams will make the tournament

« Reply #193 on: March 08, 2014, 07:06:33 PM »
Bottom line, we win 2 more and our ticket is as good as punched.

« Reply #194 on: March 08, 2014, 07:07:15 PM »
The 4-5 game against PC will likely determine which one of us gets in.  BE should get 4.  Five wouldn't be out of the question if it wasn't for the fact that so many bubble teams have been winning this past week.

« Reply #195 on: March 08, 2014, 08:15:19 PM »
Never had a doubt  :)

In all seriousness though even though choking away that lead is about as embarrassing as it gets, gotta give the team credit for regaining their composure and winning a tough road game in a place that isn't easy to play in. Easy for me to say because I didn't see the game, but I think still finding away to win despite what happened counts for something

« Reply #196 on: March 08, 2014, 08:35:04 PM »

In all seriousness though even though choking away that lead is about as embarrassing as it gets, gotta give the team credit for regaining their composure and winning a tough road game in a place that isn't easy to play in. Easy for me to say because I didn't see the game, but I think still finding away to win despite what happened counts for something

Obviously giving up that lead late should not have happened.  But man to go from 9-8 and 0-5 to 20-11 and 10-8 is pretty darn good.  Give them a lot of credit.  And Coach as well.

Need to keep it going.

Thursday afternoon is going to be fun.

MCNPA

« Reply #197 on: March 08, 2014, 11:51:46 PM »

Obviously giving up that lead late should not have happened.  But man to go from 9-8 and 0-5 to 20-11 and 10-8 is pretty darn good.  Give them a lot of credit.  And Coach as well.

Need to keep it going.

Agree with Fordham.  I also think 4 Big East teams will get in.  Need to win next game and I think we will do so.  I'd rather keep winning just to make sure though.

« Reply #198 on: March 09, 2014, 04:04:18 AM »
Why was Wasju consistently posting we'ld lose?  :down:

Why were we wearing Knick uniforms?  :down:

Why did we thrice foul with nary a second ticking off the clock?  :down:

"Keep hope alive!"  :up:
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:05:54 AM by carmineabbatiello »

SJUFAN

« Reply #199 on: March 09, 2014, 01:02:09 PM »

Need to keep it going.

Agree with Fordham.  I also think 4 Big East teams will get in.  Need to win next game and I think we will do so.  I'd rather keep winning just to make sure though.

There is no way BE only gets 3 teams in. Winner of SJU/Prov game gets to dance imo.