Foad

Re: N.I.T
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 02:21:34 PM »

paultzman

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 02:22:25 PM »
http://www.bracketmatrix.com/PDFS/NIT140311.pdf

Look at that round 2 matchup!

Middle Tenn./Iona is not very appealing.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 02:23:49 PM »

Cool, I've missed Huggins.

Hahaha. No consolation games  in this consolation tournament

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 02:24:02 PM »
I really hope it happens, it would be super exciting.

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 02:24:14 PM »
That same night on F Troop O'Rourke and Agon try to keep some sort of shenagins away from Captain Palmer, so I will be watching that

Foad

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 02:26:21 PM »
That same night on F Troop O'Rourke and Agon try to keep some sort of shenagins away from Captain Palmer, so I will be watching that

Stop making fun of F Troop. Larry Storch is a comedy god.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 02:26:55 PM »
Where's Dave? How about a message board wager should this come about?

Foad

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 02:29:25 PM »

FYI Forrest Tucker had the biggest penis in Hollywood history. Bigger they say even than Milton Berle's. Today that honor is owned by Ed Begley Junior. Also, Melody Patterson (Wrangler Jane) was 16 when they started filming. Sixteen. Imagine the possibilities.

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 02:33:46 PM »

Stop making fun of F Troop. Larry Storch is a comedy god.

I liked F troop but truthfully never seen any of those guys before that show or after except The Captain and the guy who played Caretaker in the original the Longest Yard. I think one of the older guys was sone kind of Western legend before F Troop but sadly my only knowledge of Storch besides F Troop was his guest spot on Gilligan's Island.  Wrangler Jane was hot though.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 02:41:57 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 02:36:47 PM »

FYI Forrest Tucker had the biggest penis in Hollywood history. Bigger they say even than Milton Berle's. Today that honor is owned by Ed Begley Junior. Also, Melody Patterson (Wrangler Jane) was 16 when they started filming. Sixteen. Imagine the possibilities.

I am reading the Saturday Night live book and supposedly Berle would ask anyone he just met if they would like to see "it". Much better to be famous for having a huge dong then stealing other people's jokes, no?

pmg911

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 02:37:09 PM »

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 02:38:59 PM »

St. John's would hammer Iona

Ya just like last time with Felipe and Zendon.

Foad

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 02:46:21 PM »
I liked F troop but truthfully never seen any of those guys before that show or after except The Captain and the guy who played Caretaker in the original the Longest Yard. I think one of the older guys was sone kind of Western legend before F Troop but sadly my only knowledge of Storch besided F Troop was his guest spot on Gilligan's Island.  Wrangler Jane was hot though.

Synchronicity: Forrest Tucker starred in the short lived Dusty's Trail, alongside Bob Denver (Gilligan).

There's a band called the Weasels that has a trilogy of songs dedicated to the three great Larrys of the 20th century: Storch, Hovis, Fine, amen. According to their Facebook page Mr Storch (now a spry 91) recently contacted the band seeking a copy of "Paging Larry Storch" from their second album Leon's Mystical Head. As you can imagine it was quite a thrill for them.

And speaking of Hogan's Heroes, RIP  to Cynthia Lynn, aka Fraulein Helga, who died just this week. She is survived by her daughter, Lisa Brando, sired by Marlon Brando, who was never on Gilligan's Island.

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 02:56:06 PM »
I liked F troop but truthfully never seen any of those guys before that show or after except The Captain and the guy who played Caretaker in the original the Longest Yard. I think one of the older guys was sone kind of Western legend before F Troop but sadly my only knowledge of Storch besided F Troop was his guest spot on Gilligan's Island.  Wrangler Jane was hot though.

Synchronicity: Forrest Tucker starred in the short lived Dusty's Trail, alongside Bob Denver (Gilligan).

There's a band called the Weasels that has a trilogy of songs dedicated to the three great Larrys of the 20th century: Storch, Hovis, Fine, amen. According to their Facebook page Mr Storch (now a spry 91) recently contacted the band seeking a copy of "Paging Larry Storch" from their second album Leon's Mystical Head. As you can imagine it was quite a thrill for them.

And speaking of Hogan's Heroes, RIP  to Cynthia Lynn, aka Fraulein Helga, who died just this week. She is survived by her daughter, Lisa Brando, sired by Marlon Brando, who was never on Gilligan's Island.

Sorry did not know of the Weasels / Larry Storch connection.
BTW are they-wink, wink on I tunes?

Foad

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 03:02:38 PM »

Sorry did not know of the Weasels / Larry Storch connection.
BTW are they-wink, wink on I tunes?

Itunes and the usual online suspects, yes, and fine stores no where. Various free downloads at their website, including the entire critically acclaimed first album Meet the Weasels. http://www.theweasels.com/download.html. They seem like a great bunch of guys.

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 12:56:19 PM »

I am reading the Saturday Night live book and supposedly Berle would ask anyone he just met if they would like to see "it". Much better to be famous for having a huge dong then stealing other people's jokes, no?
I used to do the same thing as Uncle Miltie but just to the ladies. All of them were HUGELY disappointed, some of them developed eye strain, a few even called the police and had me arrested. It took me years of therapy to get over the ridicule from my sex partners. It got so bad I refused to take public showers to avoid the embarrassment. A friend of mine suggested that when I went to the beach I should stick a potato in my swimming trunks to attract the ladies. It took me a while to realize I could get better results with the ladies by putting the potato in the front of my trunks rather than the back (well at least I had gotten some laughs from the fellas). Years later I finally discovered that my parents had installed a "FUN" mirror in my bathroom when I was a child so my perspective might have been slightly as cued. Oops, got to go, my wife needs me to change the batteries in her vibrator!

Poison

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2014, 12:34:48 PM »
If we pull a 1st round match up vs Iona, could we still find a way to duck them, and schedule a game agdinst NJIT or Hofstra instead?

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2014, 12:47:33 PM »
If we pull a 1st round match up vs Iona, could we still find a way to duck them, and schedule a game agdinst NJIT or Hofstra instead?

Hahahaha. Maybe Fordham? They're available

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2014, 01:22:09 PM »
Would love to see SJU and Iona matchup.  My only concern as a Johnnies fan (and not a multiple hat-wearer like Baldi) is that Cluess and your boys would be sky high for this game, while I have a feeling our group is not going to be motivated at all for the NIT.