N.I.T

• 48 replies

DFF6

Re: N.I.T
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2014, 09:17:52 PM »
Yippee, the NIT. F us.

Ugh!  If someone asked me at the beginning of the season what would be. The worst possible outcome for this season, I would have said a 1 seed in the NIT. Granted, at least team made the season fun. At times.

NYCoffey

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2014, 09:31:23 PM »
Yeah it sucks, but it is what it is. Take what we got and make the best of it and try to win the NIT and comeback next year with a bit more understanding of how those early loses can kill you.

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2014, 10:16:36 PM »
The bracket for our section is posted below. If we advance on Tuesday we will play on campus against the winner of Green Bay and Belmont somewhere from Thursday through Monday. If we advance again, then next Tuesday or Wednesday.will face the winner of the bottom of the bracket possibly Illinois or Clemson.

1) St. John's
8 Robert Morris

4) Green Bay
5) Belmont

3) Clemson
6) Georgia State

2) Illinois
7) Boston University

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2014, 11:31:21 PM »
Here's the full bracket and schedule:for the opening round of the NIT

SMU region

No. 1 SMU vs. No. 8 UC Irvine (Wednesday)

No. 4 San Francisco vs. No. 5 LSU (Wednesday)

No. 3 Arkansas vs. No. 6 Indiana State (Tuesday)

No. 2 Cal vs. No. 7 Utah Valley (Wednesday)

St. John's region

No. 1 St. John's vs. No. 8 Robert Morris (Tuesday)

No. 4 Green Bay vs. No. 5 Belmont (Tuesday)

No. 3 Clemson vs. No. 6 Georgia State (Tuesday)

No. 2 Illinois vs.No. 7  Boston University (Wednesday)

Minnesota region

No. 1 Minnesota vs. No. 8 High Point (Tuesday)

No. 4 Saint Mary's vs. No. 5 Utah (Tuesday)

No. 3 Southern Miss vs. No. 6 Toledo (Wednesday)

No. 2 Missouri vs. No. 7 Davidson (Tuesday)

Florida State region

No. 1 Florida State vs. No. 8 FGCU (Tuesday)

No. 4 Georgetown vs. No. 5 West Virginia (Tuesday)

No. 3 Louisiana Tech vs. No. 6 Iona (Wednesday)

No. 2 Georgia vs. No. 7 Vermont (Wednesday)

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2014, 11:35:37 PM »
Big East needs to kick some ass and put the country on notice.  The tournament is set up for that and so s the NIT.  Get it done and set the conference up for future success.  It might be a blessing in disguise that at we only got four in this year.  5-0 after Friday is very likely.

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2014, 11:37:58 PM »
Big East needs to kick some ass and put the country on notice.  The tournament is set up for that and so s the NIT.  Get it done and set the conference up for future success.  It might be a blessing in disguise that at we only got four in this year.  5-0 after Friday is very likely.

I actually like Creighton's matchups. They could go far.

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2014, 12:30:36 AM »
I'm going on Tuesday. I hope some of you join me.

Foad

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2014, 04:39:58 AM »

No doubt. Xavier winning a play in game should lead the national news in most places and then when SJU advances to the second round of the NIT the sky's the limit.

Foad

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2014, 08:40:49 AM »

+1'ing this for you so you didn't have to hurt your arm patting yourself on the back as usual.