Re: Son of Mr. Greene Jeans
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 07:45:45 AM »
 That made me laugh

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 11:30:38 PM »
Ray Charles fights through picks better than Phil

Hahahaa
Phil and Pointer are the two worst at getting through screens I have ever. Holy sh*t they are bad.

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 11:51:10 PM »

Hahahaa
Phil and Pointer are the two worst at getting through screens I have ever. Holy sh*t they are bad.

I'm familiar with the usual complaints about Phil - you know -  doesn't shoot well,  dribbles in geometric shapes, only performs well against non-conference opponents, etc. But in 3 years running this is the first I recall anybody complaining of how he handles screening.  He must have had a sh*t poor outing on both ends.   
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:17:03 AM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 10:07:24 AM »

Hahahaa

I'm familiar with the usual complaints about Phil - you know -  doesn't shoot well,  dribbles in geometric shapes, only performs well against non-conference opponents, etc. But in 3 years running this is the first I recall anybody complaining of how he handles screening.  He must have had a sh*t poor outing on both ends.   

Paultz and I have been saying it all year, to name two posters

paultzman

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 10:17:54 AM »

Hahahaa

Paultz and I have been saying it all year, to name two posters

True. No Hope, a well informed poster on Redmen site has also made the same observation. Just opinions based on seeing Phill play a lot, not senseless rips.

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 11:33:43 AM »
I must have missed it.

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 01:19:52 PM »
I must have missed it.

Watch a replay of the BET game and watch Greene take the long way under screens so that Fortune could get off wide open threes. See I thought you were just being annoying with that stupid foul chart. But now I am sensing that you think a good defensive guard really never commits a foul. WOW. That is ok but even Lavin finally figured out Phil was killing them becuase he had guys switch on every screen, then took Greene off of him, then sat him.

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 02:14:30 PM »
I must have missed it.

Watch a replay of the BET game and watch Greene take the long way under screens so that Fortune could get off wide open threes. See I thought you were just being annoying with that stupid foul chart. But now I am sensing that you think a good defensive guard really never commits a foul. WOW. That is ok but even Lavin finally figured out Phil was killing them becuase he had guys switch on every screen, then took Greene off of him, then sat him.

Where can I watch a replay of the BET game? I would like to see it.  I enjoy sadomasochism.

I think that not fouling is one aspect of good defensive play.

Why do you think Oblockpa only played 2 minutes?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:26:33 PM by carmineabbatiello »

boo3

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 02:17:15 PM »
Carmine- go the Providence game thread.. read the last few posts..

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 02:27:59 PM »
I must have missed it.

Where can I watch a replay of the BET game? I would like to see it.  I enjoy sadomasochism.

I think that not fouling is one aspect of good defensive play.

Why do you think Oblockpa only played 2 minutes?

Greene should be a spot up three point shooter.

According to some Redmen.com posters he refused to renter the game.

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 06:38:30 PM »
not to pile on (I think phil can be very good in a particular role), but greene's defense really did hurt when fortune started lighting it up.  One double screen was particularly egregious -- phil essentially sat down in the paint rather than fighting through while fortune took his time to nail yet another three (it was his 3rd or 4th, so phil knew he was hot by this point and should have been glued to his hip).  The loss was by no means greene's fault, but that did not help

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 10:21:16 PM »
not to pile on (I think phil can be very good in a particular role), but greene's defense really did hurt when fortune started lighting it up.  One double screen was particularly egregious -- phil essentially sat down in the paint rather than fighting through while fortune took his time to nail yet another three (it was his 3rd or 4th, so phil knew he was hot by this point and should have been glued to his hip).  The loss was by no means greene's fault, but that did not help

I dont want to pile on either but I could say that the loss very well was on him. 21 minutes 2 points from your starting wing. Got killed on D. He probably gave up close to 20 points. Thats a big deference in points scored vs points again.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

dR3w

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 10:36:39 PM »
And if you watch the Providence game, the first three Providence Offensive Rebounds were from the guy he should have boxed out.  Every time the shot went up, he just turned to face the basket ... never tried to look for someone to box out.

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 11:10:37 PM »
And if you watch the Providence game, the first three Providence Offensive Rebounds were from the guy he should have boxed out.  Every time the shot went up, he just turned to face the basket ... never tried to look for someone to box out.
Why should he, no one else on the team does. Just like the people who criticize him for not fighting over screens-who on the team does? Appears Lavin's philosophy on screens is not to fight through them which results in mismatches, that is if it even gets that far and doesn't result in a wide open j (usually a 3) or a wide open roll to the basket for a dunk or lay up because they are late or confused on the switch.

Marillac

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 12:49:14 AM »

Hahahaa

That is one of the most popular complaints on him.  I like Greene and I choose not to chum the waters while the sharks circle, but his defense is so inconsistent.  His shot is the best we've got out of the regulars, though.  Anyone who says he can't shoot is just biased.  He plays hard...that's more than I can say about others and that is where I will wage my wars.

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 11:19:27 AM »
I think his major problem is he goes by Phil Greene IV.  Doesn't he know that only "The Third" is the only suffix that equals good playing.  Man, you know he done flipped up.