Thanks Orlando Sanchez

• 11 replies
Thanks Orlando Sanchez
« on: March 19, 2014, 01:17:02 AM »
You chose St. John's over a lot of places, you stuck with the team despite the NCAA woes. You delivered a lot of sports center top 10 moments, taught sju twitter guy some spanish, and everyone wishes you had another year to spend on the team. Good luck in your pursuit of the NBA.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Thanks Orlando Sanchez
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 02:39:58 AM »
Orlando represented the University very well. He stuck by his commitments, stayed at it, and I hope he gets a diploma when all is said and done. Good luck to him and his new family. He is a skilled player who could have benefitted from a little more refinement in his game. The tools are there on the offense end of the floor.

He was by all accounts a good teammate and I'll be sad to see him go.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 09:15:35 AM »
I think the way he plays he would have been much better at Providence. I like his game and I think it was a bad match for whatever offense we supposedly run.

paultzman

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 09:24:27 AM »
I think the way he plays he would have been much better at Providence. I like his game and I think it was a bad match for whatever offense we supposedly run.

+1

desco80

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 11:49:33 AM »
Good luck with whatever you decide to do next.   And congratulations again on your first child.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 12:10:31 PM »
Thanks for sticking it out Orlando. You've got a fan in me.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 03:18:24 PM »
I was always a big fan. He never lived up to the massive hype there was around him but he was a good player for us.

redslope

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 03:44:50 PM »
Primo--good luck in the future, I saw some positives from you that can help with a future career so keep up your effort.  Best to you, your wife and child.

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 03:48:47 PM »
He'll always be "Legend" to me!

First overall pick in the Dominican League draft!

Come to my mother-in-law's house she'll feed you right!

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 08:18:28 PM »
Losing last year set him back...he has some skills...would have settled in...and needed to be informed of his role

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 10:36:09 PM »
Orlando was a skilled do it all player that never got a chance to fully blossom. Best of luck in the future and thank you for your contributions to St. John's!

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 10:39:24 PM »
Good representative of the school but a major disappointment on the floor. Not his fault though because he was unfairly hyped and I dont think Lavin used him to his strengths.