Jordan

• 75 replies
Re: Jordan
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 01:59:33 PM »
I may be the only one, but I'm not convinced Jordan is 100% a first round pick whenever he leaves.
He definitely could be,  but he's not a sure thing to dominate the conference next year. 
I agree, see the talent, not sure about the maturity that the NBA requires of a point guard.

SJUFAN

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 02:52:49 PM »
Good guard play is what wins game in the NCAA. If we can get a few dudes to rebound, those two can carry us far.

That's exactly the reason why I wasn't too bothered with Sampson's departure. We need to bring in 2 legit bangers in addition to DelaRosa. 

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 02:53:26 PM »
I may be the only one, but I'm not convinced Jordan is 100% a first round pick whenever he leaves.
He definitely could be,  but he's not a sure thing to dominate the conference next year. 
I agree, see the talent, not sure about the maturity that the NBA requires of a point guard.

He is far from a sure thing....FAR.  He has question marks galore.  He seems to miss a lot of practice and games for a variety of reasons, he is right-hand dominant, he doesn't pass enouogh, and he hasn't proven he can shoot from deep.

Fantastic defense and good physical tools, though. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 03:21:02 PM »

He is far from a sure thing....FAR.  He has question marks galore.  He seems to miss a lot of practice and games for a variety of reasons, he is right-hand dominant, he doesn't pass enouogh, and he hasn't proven he can shoot from deep.

DOESNT PASS ENOUGH?  C'mon...I actually wished he would shoot/drive more than he did at times!
"I drink and I know things"

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 05:48:18 PM »

DOESNT PASS ENOUGH?  C'mon...I actually wished he would shoot/drive more than he did at times!

He regularly kept the ball when he should have kicked it or dumped it off.  He's a frosh...it's not unexpected, but he did not create enough for others to be an NBA PG.  He did a fantastic job getting his own looks, but that is just part of the equation.

Foad

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2014, 06:08:20 PM »
He regularly kept the ball when he should have kicked it or dumped it off.  He's a frosh...it's not unexpected, but he did not create enough for others to be an NBA PG.  He did a fantastic job getting his own looks, but that is just part of the equation.

Come on, it's not like he's setting Lebron up. Jordan forcing a shot was better than two-thirds of our offense. I think he's an NBA lock. He's already better than Johnnie Flynn, a lottery pick. Sick handle, sick passer, gets to the basket, NBA body, good defender, serviceable jump shot that got better as the year went on. In four years he 'd one of the best players in SJ history.  Anyone who doesn't draft him is insane.

MCNPA

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2014, 07:32:01 PM »

Come on, it's not like he's setting Lebron up. Jordan forcing a shot was better than two-thirds of our offense. I think he's an NBA lock. He's already better than Johnnie Flynn, a lottery pick. Sick handle, sick passer, gets to the basket, NBA body, good defender, serviceable jump shot that got better as the year went on. In four years he 'd one of the best players in SJ history.  Anyone who doesn't draft him is insane.

+1   People here are reaching.  He's an easy first rounder, no question.

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2014, 07:42:34 PM »

something tells me that was foad doing a marillac impersonation
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2014, 08:28:42 PM »

No.

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2014, 10:10:39 PM »
How bout 3'lo's points?  Should cruise to 3rd place all-time scorer.

desco80

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2014, 11:51:12 PM »

No.

Then someone got a hold of Fun's computer:
- refers to SJU as "us" ?
- uses "sick" twice in one sentence that doesn't involve a physical malady?

Johnny Flynn hasn't players pro basketball in almost 2 years.
Is Jordan better than oladipo, trey Burke  Mclemore, McCollum, Larkin Etc were last year?   

Jordan has a good chance, but his handle and shot need serious improvement.  Not that it's worth critiquing, because he's far and away our most talented player. 

Foad

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2014, 01:33:07 AM »
refers to SJU as "us" ?

The word "us" does not appear in my post.

Johnny Flynn hasn't players pro basketball in almost 2 years.

False.

Is Jordan better than oladipo, trey Burke  Mclemore, McCollum, Larkin Etc were last year?   

I don't know who those people are. I know who Flynn is: a BE PG and a lottery pick who earned 10 million dollars in the NBA. Of course you're free to use your own less relevant exemplars.

desco80

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2014, 10:30:06 AM »
If your point is that he's better than Johnny Flynn, I don't disagree. 

Marillac

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2014, 04:59:31 PM »

I'll take a Jordan drive over anything, but the kid could have created a lot more for his teammates....just simple dump offs when he drew the help.  He will get drafted, but he is not a can't miss player like Mudiay next year or Trey Burke the year before.  He has an NBA body, his defense is probably his greatest draft asset, and has above average NBA athleticism.  He's one of the best players I've ever personally witnessed at St. John's.  We go as far as he takes us next season. His potential is incredible...NBA All-Star.

The thing we fail to realize is how hard it is to be a first round pick as a PG.  After all the PG's taken last year and that are projected to be drafted this season...how many will go next season in the first round ?   Probably just three.  There are already two HS PGs(Mudiay being one) projected for the lottery next year.  Is Jordan better than every single college point guard?  Is he top three?  I'm not so sure.  His shooting #s are far below nearly all his competition and so are his assist totals.  Look at the Harrison brothers on UK.  Jordan was great for us, but those kids carried UK to the Final Four as freshmen.  Marcus Paige of UNC was the only scoring option for them in the tournament. 

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2014, 10:16:45 AM »

Jay @JayOn_1
“@____whynot: The only way to win is to take a lost.” Hmmm

Foad

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2014, 10:36:13 AM »

I'll take a Jordan drive over anything, but the kid could have created a lot more for his teammates....just simple dump offs when he drew the help.  He will get drafted, but he is not a can't miss player like Mudiay next year or Trey Burke the year before.  He has an NBA body, his defense is probably his greatest draft asset, and has above average NBA athleticism.  He's one of the best players I've ever personally witnessed at St. John's.  We go as far as he takes us next season. His potential is incredible...NBA All-Star.

The thing we fail to realize is how hard it is to be a first round pick as a PG.  After all the PG's taken last year and that are projected to be drafted this season...how many will go next season in the first round ?   Probably just three.  There are already two HS PGs(Mudiay being one) projected for the lottery next year.  Is Jordan better than every single college point guard?  Is he top three?  I'm not so sure.  His shooting #s are far below nearly all his competition and so are his assist totals.  Look at the Harrison brothers on UK.  Jordan was great for us, but those kids carried UK to the Final Four as freshmen.  Marcus Paige of UNC was the only scoring option for them in the tournament. 

We have one Jordan, Harrison, three guys you think are the dumbest players you've ever seen, some additions by subtraction, a couple of you tube shooters, and some starting walk-ons. Put the Harrison brothers on this team minus Jordan and Harrison and coached by Lavin where would they be? 

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2014, 01:38:56 PM »

We have one Jordan, Harrison, three guys you think are the dumbest players you've ever seen, some additions by subtraction, a couple of you tube shooters, and some starting walk-ons. Put the Harrison brothers on this team minus Jordan and Harrison and coached by Lavin where would they be? 
Getting their butts kicked in the NIT.

Foad

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2014, 01:52:50 PM »

Getting their butts kicked in the NIT.

Or transferring to Kentucky.

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2014, 02:29:47 PM »
_____whynot_____whynot
BROS FORLIFE NO MATTER WHAT #STJBB #DREAMCHASERS

http://distilleryimage3.s3.amazonaws.com/ae8ee570be7811e3a414120ebf00e867_8.jpg
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 02:31:04 PM by redmen4life »

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2014, 12:06:13 AM »
 ‏@____whynot 20m
Don't worry Johnny fan! This will be us next year