Mid Major transformation...

• 82 replies

mkras99

Re: Mid Major transformation...
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 09:38:13 PM »
He may be a good guy, but he's definitely also a troll.

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 09:41:33 PM »
Baldi is an iona guy - probably "stirring the pot" on the manhattan boards tonight

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 09:45:11 PM »
Why do you guys need to react so vehemently to Baldi?     You're blowing what he says out of proportion.   His comments really aren't that inflammatory.
He's a good guy.

Definitely was not pointing finger at one person. Actually I like the news he posts, right or wrong, because I know he is a long time poster and I doubt his sources are some guys who have nothing better to do than call Baldi for the heck of it and bash program.. I believe he enjoys posting what he hears because us fans want to know what's going on and I  like that he is as passionate about program as he is.  I also think, he wants to post positive stuff, but hasn't had any and hell , what positive has there been since Jordan signed late last offseason with off the court chatter?

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 09:46:31 PM »
Like I said personally I don't know him, but Internet wise he is a troll. He is beyond annoying are many occassions. Need not look any further than the title of this thread. He comes on a SJU website and calls a Big East school, one that most of us here love, a mid major program. He does like SJU, so why does he post here?

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 09:48:05 PM »
He issue with Lavin now is that he know longer gives out that warm and fuzzy feeling that this program will be ok...1st year there was no expectations and it was a fun year. Year there were hiccup with recruits but hey he had to build a program from the ground up and take some chances. Last year may have been a disappointment to some (not me), Harrison is suspended but that's ok, because this year is the year! We pick up Jordan along the way Sanchez is eligable and we trip up this year...I was disappointed on not making the tournament but was willing to understand of being a year off from our goals.

1.make the tournament
2.be constantly good

After SJU got blown out in the first round of the NIT, more grumbling from players, no recruits (so far), at least one major player leaving, and no clear direction from Lavin. All this does not equal the sky is falling but SHOW ME something that says this program is on the right path and that we will be ok in the long term.
Cougar O' Malley

TONYD3

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 09:48:49 PM »
Why do you guys need to react so vehemently to Baldi?     You're blowing what he says out of proportion.   His comments really aren't that inflammatory.
He's a good guy.
usually I think he is funny. Not today

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 09:51:36 PM »
He's a good guy.

Definitely was not pointing finger at one person. Actually I like the news he posts, right or wrong, because I know he is a long time poster and I doubt his sources are some guys who have nothing better to do than call Baldi for the heck of it and bash program.. I believe he enjoys posting what he hears because us fans want to know what's going on and I  like that he is as passionate about program as he is.  I also think, he wants to post positive stuff, but hasn't had any and hell , what positive has there been since Jordan signed late last offseason with off the court chatter?

If you really think he likes to post positive stuff  about SJU, than you have not followed this site very long.
The guy has the typical inferiority complex. Iona will never be on the same level as SJU.

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2014, 09:52:23 PM »
Like I said personally I don't know him, but Internet wise he is a troll. He is beyond annoying are many occassions. Need not look any further than the title of this thread. He comes on a SJU website and calls a Big East school, one that most of us here love, a mid major program. He does like SJU, so why does he post here?

perhaps he is a realist who sees the reality (zero ncaa tourney wins in 14 seasons), part of a conference that is on more of a decline than improvement, a coach who doesnt work, a staff who would screw up a cup of coffee, no recruits coming in, impending transfers (more will be coming i am told).

not everyone has to say our program is doing great and lavin should be extended.

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2014, 10:01:07 PM »

perhaps he is a realist who sees the reality (zero ncaa tourney wins in 14 seasons), part of a conference that is on more of a decline than improvement, a coach who doesnt work, a staff who would screw up a cup of coffee, no recruits coming in, impending transfers (more will be coming i am told).

not everyone has to say our program is doing great and lavin should be extended.

There is a difference between saying the program is not doing great and not wanting it to do well (which he clearly wants).
I am not happy with some of the things that are going on but I will root like crazy, like I did through the dark days of Jarvis and Norm.

But in the end it doesn't change the fact that he is a troll.

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2014, 10:03:24 PM »
If Lavin hit some of you in the face with a sh*t pie you would lick it off and swear it was whipped cream!

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2014, 10:10:29 PM »
Internet Troll:

A person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet over extremely trivial issues. Such arguments can happen on blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and a host of others.
The best thing you can do to fight an internet troll is to not answer or report them.

This is my last post about annoying Baldi. Adhering to the last sentence.

Go Redmen

desco80

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2014, 10:10:30 PM »
If Lavin hit some of you in the face with a sh*t pie you would lick it off and swear it was whipped cream!

haha
that was good.  You got me to actually laugh out loud. 

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2014, 10:15:17 PM »
Guys calm the #$%^ down. It can be fixed but it depends on lavin. He has the right charisma but his pride might be his down fall. Just have to wait and see. The 2015 class will tell it all.

Kob...by "...pride might be his downfall", do you mean an unwillingness to relinquish  game coaching?

kob24

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2014, 12:27:08 AM »
I mean realizing ur strength and weakness. Him and Dunlap worked so well together because Lav has the vision and charisma to get the elite recruits. A person like Dunlap has the skill to get the kids ready with Lav vision in mind and it worked out great. But I think Lav took to heart people saying Dunlap was the real head coach which wasn't true.

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2014, 01:09:44 AM »
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 01:10:35 AM by HowCouldUBeSoHarkless »

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2014, 09:03:54 AM »

There is a difference between saying the program is not doing great and not wanting it to do well (which he clearly wants).
I am not happy with some of the things that are going on but I will root like crazy, like I did through the dark days of Jarvis and Norm.

But in the end it doesn't change the fact that he is a troll.

So I'm the problem because I call it like I see it? I'm not the one standing around watching this disaster waving my pom poms. Fans like yourself are part of the problem

derk

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2014, 09:29:10 AM »
I mean realizing ur strength and weakness. Him and Dunlap worked so well together because Lav has the vision and charisma to get the elite recruits. A person like Dunlap has the skill to get the kids ready with Lav vision in mind and it worked out great. But I think Lav took to heart people saying Dunlap was the real head coach which wasn't true.

kob... So does he not get along with Whitesell ? He hired the guy.

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 09:38:03 AM »

This basically backs what a bunch of us had said this past season. It looked like Lavin in attempt to prove that he could coach went out of his way trying bizarre things. I think he just needs to get out of his own way and not try to complicate things. No on is asking Lavin to be Pitino. As far as recruiting he needs to not just recruit athletes but guys who can also knock down shots.

kob24

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2014, 11:36:26 AM »

I don't know. he is a cool guy I think he gets along with everyone. I personally think he is the right man for the job. Growing up I wasn't a St Johns fan but I do remember the kids in my hood and my brother and cousin rocking the st john hats and jersey. Rappers at the games and the feel of the city about st johns. I think he is the one to bring that back. I just think he needs to tweak a few things. yall just got a five star guard in god knows how long. u had a 1st rounder under him.  I have nothing to gain from this because my kid graduated already but I think lav is the right guy.

derk

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2014, 11:46:51 AM »

I don't know. he is a cool guy I think he gets along with everyone. I personally think he is the right man for the job. Growing up I wasn't a St Johns fan but I do remember the kids in my hood and my brother and cousin rocking the st john hats and jersey. Rappers at the games and the feel of the city about st johns. I think he is the one to bring that back. I just think he needs to tweak a few things. yall just got a five star guard in god knows how long. u had a 1st rounder under him.  I have nothing to gain from this because my kid graduated already but I think lav is the right guy.

Then we ( Lavin ) has to start taking advantage of all the things that could propel this school to be a major player in NYC college basketball. Taking advantage of all the hoopla surrounding the NCAA returning to the Garden this week would've been a great start. Instead I have to listen to all this Pukon crap again. Major turnarounds are born at events like this and we're nowhere to be found. This loss to Providence and the NIT loss were so terrible for us.