Relax people

• 106 replies

Marillac

Re: Relax people
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2014, 07:01:34 PM »
Sampson is/was a very explosive rebounder.  He could have been the best offensive rebounder in the country if he really had that mindset.  What got him in trouble--like just about every big on the roster--was his inability to box out.  If it came down to who could jump higher, the ball was Sampson's.  If he or Sanchez has to move even a foot to box out....things got ugly fast. 

Sampson could very well have been a monster for us next year...we have nobody with that type of potential.  The thing is, though, that Sampson didn't do the little things this past season.  He was an awful screener...he made some terrible decisions...didn't play good post defense...he didn't box out, etc.  IF we can find someone willing to do those little things and make less mistakes...we could be a much better team.

Of course, the if is what scares me, as I am beginning to think the reason nobody does those little things is because Lavin is a sissy. 

« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2014, 10:41:29 PM »
This reminds me of when it was written that the triangle
That's one of the many reasons you're such a bore.

What are the others?

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
That's one of the many reasons you're such a bore.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.  I've been told on several occasions that I'm quite a hoot down at the Sons of Italy socials/bocce tournaments.

Foad

« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2014, 06:45:00 AM »
You guys need to come down one bit. 
Most important info is that:
Obekpa-Harrison and most important Jordan are all coming back.

Also, since most of you didn't like what you seen this year hopefully we will have few guys that are under the radar (2* 3*) or JUCO players that can give us some joy next year.
2015- Diallo and Brisco are still on track to live in Queens.
Heads up boys.

"St. John’s had the top spot in Clemson’s bracket, but showed no effort in the opening game of the NIT on March 18th in a loss at home to Robert Morris, 89-78, in a game that was more lopsided than the final score indicated. NIT Executive Director Jack Powers pushed hard to make St. John’s a top seed, and was very disappointed with their lack of effort and not dressing starting point guard Rysheed Jordan for the game because of laryngitis. It may be awhile before St. John’s is invited back to the NIT."

http://brooklynfans.com/minnesota-led-pitino-wins-nit/

It may be a while before SJU is invited back to the NIT, he said with a straight face. Well, yes.

Mike

« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2014, 08:18:42 AM »
You guys need to come down one bit. 
Most important info is that:
Obekpa-Harrison and most important Jordan are all coming back.

Also, since most of you didn't like what you seen this year hopefully we will have few guys that are under the radar (2* 3*) or JUCO players that can give us some joy next year.
2015- Diallo and Brisco are still on track to live in Queens.
Heads up boys.

"St. John’s had the top spot in Clemson’s bracket, but showed no effort in the opening game of the NIT on March 18th in a loss at home to Robert Morris, 89-78, in a game that was more lopsided than the final score indicated. NIT Executive Director Jack Powers pushed hard to make St. John’s a top seed, and was very disappointed with their lack of effort and not dressing starting point guard Rysheed Jordan for the game because of laryngitis. It may be awhile before St. John’s is invited back to the NIT."

http://brooklynfans.com/minnesota-led-pitino-wins-nit/

It may be a while before SJU is invited back to the NIT, he said with a straight face. Well, yes.

Was there a video with that interview? I want to see his face.

« Reply #105 on: April 05, 2014, 02:15:25 AM »
If everyone thinks the NIT is below the almighty St. John's University who cares?

MCNPA

« Reply #106 on: April 05, 2014, 08:48:42 AM »
If everyone thinks the NIT is below the almighty St. John's University who cares?

I wouldn't mind spending more time in the Ncaa tournament instead until things blow over.