Anyone blocked from St Johns Twitter account

• 60 replies
Re: Anyone blocked from St Johns Twitter account
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2014, 08:52:27 AM »
Imo, those whole thing is a smokescreen.  Banning people from twitter access because they discuss recruiting?   Mentioning that Delarosa is a project... Which he IS!   Just like Norm who had cronies complaining about the internet hurting recruiting.  Blame the fans for why we have no 2014' class? This BS always surfaces when things aren't breaking the right way for coaches and their staff.  It's no coincidence. Reminiscent of the Norm days.

Imagine a guy like Jim Calhoun or Tom Izzo worrying about what was said about X recruit or his staff etc on twitter?  They wouldn't give a shit, because they do their business.  Winners don't blame the fans for ruining the recruiting mojo.  Winners go out and win... 

Ted, frankly your ban is likely a sign of increased pressure on Lavin, Fratto and the rest having to finally answer questions as to where things are going and gasp... Be criticized in social media.  Sad..

Typical Mickey Mouse move by SJU.  Alienating what's left of the fan base even more than they already have.
I would urge everyone to stop all red/white donations until this behavior ends, because the way the fan base is treated, they dont deserve another penny from us until this changes.
I also had a comment on instagram deleted when i said the blue road uniforms were hideous and we should switch back to Nike/Jordan.
#stjbball

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2014, 09:43:12 AM »
Imo, those whole thing is a smokescreen.  Banning people from twitter access because they discuss recruiting?   Mentioning that Delarosa is a project... Which he IS!   Just like Norm who had cronies complaining about the internet hurting recruiting.  Blame the fans for why we have no 2014' class? This BS always surfaces when things aren't breaking the right way for coaches and their staff.  It's no coincidence. Reminiscent of the Norm days.

Imagine a guy like Jim Calhoun or Tom Izzo worrying about what was said about X recruit or his staff etc on twitter?  They wouldn't give a shit, because they do their business.  Winners don't blame the fans for ruining the recruiting mojo.  Winners go out and win... 

Ted, frankly your ban is likely a sign of increased pressure on Lavin, Fratto and the rest having to finally answer questions as to where things are going and gasp... Be criticized in social media.  Sad..

Typical Mickey Mouse move by SJU.  Alienating what's left of the fan base even more than they already have.
I would urge everyone to stop all red/white donations until this behavior ends, because the way the fan base is treated, they dont deserve another penny from us until this changes.
I also had a comment on instagram deleted when i said the blue road uniforms were hideous and we should switch back to Nike/Jordan.
#stjbball
damn and whhat you said was true. For me it wasnt that I hated the uniforms as much but they should have been for Depaul and not us

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2014, 12:56:11 PM »
Wait so you get blocked for comments not even directed at the SJU account but just using the hashtag?

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2014, 09:35:56 PM »
REDZONE REDMEN @REDZONE_REDMEN
A hopeful tweet of getting some good news for the fans got my accnt blocked by @StJohnsBBall #SJUBB #firesjubbtwitter http://t.co/rtcywkHsDY

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:36:25 PM by redmen4life »

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2014, 09:50:30 PM »

a little harsh to block for that if you ask me...

this isn't North Korea.

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2014, 10:05:33 PM »

a little harsh to block for that if you ask me...

this isn't North Korea.

If any of you donate money and you got blocked, my suggestion would be to stop donating.

I guess it`s their way of shutting people up. They don`t want to hear it, so you go byebye.
If you don`t donate but go to games, then stop going.

I wonder if they would care then about how they`re treating people.
Most likely not.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2014, 10:08:36 PM »
REDZONE REDMEN @REDZONE_REDMEN
A hopeful tweet of getting some good news for the fans got my accnt blocked by @StJohnsBBall #SJUBB #firesjubbtwitter http://t.co/rtcywkHsDY

Still love the shirt!
Cougar O' Malley

LJSA

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2014, 12:26:24 AM »
Gregg Doyel reads his e-mail. If posters tell him that people are being blocked on twitter and kids are abandoning ship, and that Lavin looks like he took the recruiting year off, he might write something about it.

MCNPA

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2014, 01:49:06 AM »
Gregg Doyel reads his e-mail. If posters tell him that people are being blocked on twitter and kids are abandoning ship, and that Lavin looks like he took the recruiting year off, he might write something about it.

Either he took the recruiting year off or he whiffed badly.  Either scenario is not good.  Now we are in a hole I'm not sure we can get out of with a decimated team. 

desco80

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2014, 09:59:18 AM »

Either he took the recruiting year off or he whiffed badly.  Either scenario is not good.  Now we are in a hole I'm not sure we can get out of with a decimated team. 

gotta keep Obekpa somehow and land a JUCO, a transfer who can play right away, and ADR.   He does that, and the ship starts to right itself. 

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2014, 10:32:14 AM »
StJohnsBasketball @StJohnsBBall
Regarding "blocks"... Has to happen if your account sends viruses, uses profanity or personally attacks a student-athlete. #SJUBB

No excuses for that & #SJUBB doesn't need it. Those who engage in that sort of Twitter interaction/conversation are not fans. Not difficult.

desco80

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2014, 10:44:54 AM »
Regarding "blocks"... Has to happen if your account sends viruses, uses profanity or personally attacks a student-athlete. #SJUBB

No excuses for that & #SJUBB doesn't need it. Those who engage in that sort of Twitter interaction/conversation are not fans. Not difficult.

So disliking the uniforms = a personal attack on a player?
Saying you are hoping for good news = a personal attack on a player?

Interesting.
Also good to know they are monitoring SJU fans on twitter and on the msg boards.

DFF6

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2014, 10:50:13 AM »

So disliking the uniforms = a personal attack on a player?
Saying you are hoping for good news = a personal attack on a player?

Interesting.
Also good to know they are monitoring SJU fans on twitter and on the msg boards.

Certainly would explain some very pro-SJU posts from some posters, such as one whose tag indicates he/she has achieved perpetual youth...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:56:06 AM by DFF6 »

Foad

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2014, 10:51:34 AM »

So if I use a indelicate synonym for mating on my twitter account, in a manner not related to SJ, in a comment not directed at the SJU account, they will ban me from subscribing to their account, because my swearing proves I am not a fan of the BB team. That's intercoursed up.

« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2014, 10:58:52 AM »
Brandon Mauk (0-2) @B_Mauk
@StJohnsBBall what's inexcusable is your pathetic performance against Robert Morris lol

StJohnsBasketball
@StJohnsBBall
That's a game criticism and perfectly understandable/acceptable. Thought the #SJUBB Tweeting during that game met expectations. @B_Mauk

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2014, 11:05:56 AM »
Blocking SJU fans from the official twitter page is childish and simply not smart. I wonder if any other schools do that? I'm guessing no.

Poison

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2014, 11:08:22 AM »

gotta keep Obekpa somehow and land a JUCO, a transfer who can play right away, and ADR.   He does that, and the ship starts to right itself. 

ADR?

paultzman

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2014, 11:10:01 AM »

ADR?

Adonis DelaRosa

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2014, 06:27:28 PM »

They need to grow up. Whether we agree with it or not it's the nature of the beast, social media. If you don't like it don't read/respond to it. Everyone's got freedom of speech, critics included. And I'm sure players can more than handle people tweeting at them and attacks on their own, they're big boys. Doesn't mean they're not "fans". I (along with many others) up to my neck in debt to this school so they better think twice before trying to block certain people because they're too sensitive. Who are they to judge people's comments? Like I said, don't like it? Ignore it, people don't get big headed if you don't feed into their big headedness anyway.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 06:38:20 PM by stjredman1 »

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2014, 06:54:46 PM »
My brief experiences with Fratto left me with the impression that he is one of the most thin-skinned guys ever. He seems incapable of accepting even the mildest constructive criticism. If you're getting blocked, it's likely him.