Are You Ready to Move on?

• 86 replies

DFF6

Re: Are You Ready to Move on?
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2014, 09:28:36 PM »
How long do you think it'll be before one of the guys at the Daily News or Post writes a column "What's going on at St Johns?"
I say by Tuesday of next week we see that headline or something close to it.   

Over/under tomorrow?

You know somebody is gonna write it.   Zach, Rubin, Howie .. one of them.     Then that starts to put a little more pressure on coach, because the average fan and donor will start asking questions.   

Paultz has already posted tweets from some of the talking heads placing the blame at Lavin's feet.  I'd take the under.

Zach in Dallas for Final Four. Next week would be my guess.

Come on guys!  This isn't 1984.  All it takes is one of them to bang out an article on his laptop. The topic is not that complicated or factually intensive to research.   Heck, just cut and paste from these boards and the article is done.   
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 09:32:11 PM by DFF6 »

« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2014, 09:55:03 PM »
Keeping Lavin on board for this upcoming season would be absolutely devastating to this program. He'd be a lame duck coach because the team will stink, he knows he wouldn't survive and would give up on recruiting leaving the program in complete disarray. A coaching change has to be made right away so the new guy can get working on the 15 class.

If Lavin is still the captain of this Titanic in November the program will be set back at least 3-4 years

Fun already said it, but I think Lavin is already working on the exit story to save face.  Whether it's because he told the team he might not be back for personal reasons or whatever, he's sure to have an excuse for the mass exodus taking place.   Not saying many will buy it, but he will assuredly try to sell it.

Yup, I wouldn't surprised at all if he claims some medical issue will force him to step away from coaching like Urban Meyer did after Tebow graduated and he knew his Florida teams wouldn't be able to compete with the Alabama's and LSU's of the SEC anymore
It is amazing how much you think you know what is going on inside people's head. Really cut the crap, what the hell do you know about Urban Meyer, ever meet the guy or Lavin for that matter. Stick to the facts, not their motivations, you've got no clue.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2014, 10:01:23 PM »
What a mess...I don't think it matters this week, between the final four and baseball season starting how many of our tens of fans will be paying attention?

Cougar O' Malley

goredmen

« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2014, 10:28:28 PM »
Keeping Lavin on board for this upcoming season would be absolutely devastating to this program. He'd be a lame duck coach because the team will stink, he knows he wouldn't survive and would give up on recruiting leaving the program in complete disarray. A coaching change has to be made right away so the new guy can get working on the 15 class.

If Lavin is still the captain of this Titanic in November the program will be set back at least 3-4 years

Fun already said it, but I think Lavin is already working on the exit story to save face.  Whether it's because he told the team he might not be back for personal reasons or whatever, he's sure to have an excuse for the mass exodus taking place.   Not saying many will buy it, but he will assuredly try to sell it.

Yup, I wouldn't surprised at all if he claims some medical issue will force him to step away from coaching like Urban Meyer did after Tebow graduated and he knew his Florida teams wouldn't be able to compete with the Alabama's and LSU's of the SEC anymore
It is amazing how much you think you know what is going on inside people's head. Really cut the crap, what the hell do you know about Urban Meyer, ever meet the guy or Lavin for that matter. Stick to the facts, not their motivations, you've got no clue.

Yeah because college coaches are such noble people that would never do anything shady like that. Most (not all) bigtime college coaches are the shadiest slimebags around. It's a competitive ego-driven business. Sure was convenient that Meyer got sick right when Tebow graduated and not while he was winning SEC and national championships.

I didn't say Lavin was going to do that I just said I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Others here have speculated that he might already be or may soon start working on an exit strategy citing personal reasons so it's obviously not some crazy theory

LJSA

« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2014, 12:23:54 AM »
Anyone want to bet that Obepka is  transfering? I will wager that does not happen. Takers?

Loughlin, you would have lost.

I was so close to offering a $10,000 bet, but my wife would have cut my balls off with a rusty hatchet if he accepted and I lost.

DFF6

« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2014, 08:31:28 AM »
How long do you think it'll be before one of the guys at the Daily News or Post writes a column "What's going on at St Johns?"
I say by Tuesday of next week we see that headline or something close to it.   

Over/under tomorrow?

You know somebody is gonna write it.   Zach, Rubin, Howie .. one of them.     Then that starts to put a little more pressure on coach, because the average fan and donor will start asking questions.   

Paultz has already posted tweets from some of the talking heads placing the blame at Lavin's feet.  I'd take the under.

Zach in Dallas for Final Four. Next week would be my guess.

I win:

http://nypost.com/2014/04/03/note-to-st-johns-lavin-hasnt-earned-an-extension-yet/

« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2014, 03:45:42 PM »

Yeah because college coaches are such noble people that would never do anything shady like that. Most (not all) bigtime college coaches are the shadiest slimebags around. It's a competitive ego-driven business. Sure was convenient that Meyer got sick right when Tebow graduated and not while he was winning SEC and national championships.

I didn't say Lavin was going to do that I just said I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Others here have speculated that he might already be or may soon start working on an exit strategy citing personal reasons so it's obviously not some crazy theory
My problem when the attacks get personal, that is all. While I have not been an anti-Lavin person, I get your point as to his performance. If he doesn't get it done, then he should go, period, all the personal stuff I don't get on this board any other sports boards. It's like we love to belittle so we feel better about ourselves.

I will get off the soap box and will admit you have been more accurate on Lavin's performance than I have been. Paul Massell's thoughts on Redmen.com, was eye opening and depressing.