APR

• 17 replies
APR
« on: April 03, 2014, 08:10:20 PM »
Does anybody know how the APR calculation is done? Do all of the transfers in the Lavin era kill the school's rating? I do realize that making the tournament next year with the current state of the program is delusional.

bk8664

Re: APR
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 08:11:20 PM »
Does anybody know how the APR calculation is done? Do all of the transfers in the Lavin era kill the school's rating? I do realize that making the tournament next year with the current state of the program is delusional.

I was also wondering about the APR... but didn't fell like heaping on today...

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 08:12:34 PM »
Good point.

we very well might be on tourney ban for a few years following the Lavin era. Let's hope that era ends in a matter of days/weeks and not years.

My buddy the other day joking asked me what I would do if I won the lottery, I said I would buy out Lavin first thing.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 08:13:53 PM »
What can the NCAA do to us, ban us from post season play? Lavin has already done that to us for the foreseeable future.

DFF6

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 08:13:55 PM »

Isn't this question akin to giving a prisoner on death row a physical?

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 08:15:24 PM »

LOL

I needed to laugh today, thank you DFF

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 08:17:36 PM »
To be fair, one of the transfers graduated so that will have a positive impact on the APR, if anything.

DFF6

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 08:18:20 PM »

LOL

Anytime. Just doing my part. Rome didn't burn down in one day.

Tiznow

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 11:00:58 PM »
I don't think it goes down if the student leaves in good academic standing.  If Sampson or CO blow off this semester they damage it.  The APR standards become more challenging next year. 

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 12:36:43 AM »
I don't think it goes down if the student leaves in good academic standing.  If Sampson or CO blow off this semester they damage it.  The APR standards become more challenging next year. 
If CO is transferring to another school he should want to maintain his grades. Didn't Karr say he would be putting his full energy into prep for the draft and would train and attend camps so chances are he is gone as I doubt he wants to spend any more time with Rico Suave.

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 01:25:38 AM »
Serious story from one of my friends still taking classes at SJU.

Dom was in class today. But got yelled at by the teacher for falling asleep.

Foad

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 07:06:30 AM »

APR is the cruelest month,
breeding lilacs out of the dead land,
mixing memory and desire,
stirring dull roots with spring rain.

[...]

HURRY UP PLEASE ITS TIME   
HURRY UP PLEASE ITS TIME   
Goonight Bill.
Goonight Lou.
Goonight May.
Goonight
Ta ta.
Goonight.
Goonight.   
Good night, ladies,
good night, sweet ladies,
good night,
good night
good night.   

Huh? Academic what? Sorry, nevermind then.

DFF6

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 07:54:48 AM »

[...]

HURRY UP PLEASE ITS TIME   
HURRY UP PLEASE ITS TIME   
Goonight Bill.
Goonight Lou.
Goonight May.
Goonight
Ta ta.
Goonight.
Goonight.   
Good night, ladies,
good night,
good night
good night.   

Dom falling asleep in class and you're quoting T.S. Eliot on the same thread.  That's about right.

Foad

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 08:12:03 AM »

[...]

HURRY UP PLEASE ITS TIME   
HURRY UP PLEASE ITS TIME   
Goonight Bill.
Goonight Lou.
Goonight May.
Goonight
Ta ta.
Goonight.
Goonight.   
Good night, ladies,
good night,
good night
good night.   

Dom falling asleep in class and you're quoting T.S. Eliot on the same thread.  That's about right.

In fairness to Dom I had to look up the second bit, not having been the beneficiary of a Vincentian education. 

Mike

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 08:21:48 AM »
Serious story from one of my friends still taking classes at SJU.

Dom was in class today. But got yelled at by the teacher for falling asleep.

Wow that's serious, cause that has never happened with probably half the board.

DFF6

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 08:25:47 AM »

[...]

HURRY UP PLEASE ITS TIME   
HURRY UP PLEASE ITS TIME   
Goonight Bill.
Goonight Lou.
Goonight May.
Goonight
Ta ta.
Goonight.
Goonight.   
Good night, ladies,
good night,
good night
good night.   

In fairness to Dom I had to look up the second bit, not having been the beneficiary of a Vincentian education. 

Well, as one with the full benefits of a Vincentian education, I give Dom no quarter for sleeping in the classroom.  God knows he's going to need his education to earn a living once he graduates...

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 08:27:56 AM »

LOL

Most of it did in less than a week in 64 A.D.

DFF6

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 08:33:18 AM »

LOL

Most of it did in less than a week in 64 A.D.

That's funny, because so did the program during our latest collapse!