Please say a prayer for shurinaCheese

• 74 replies
Re: Please say a prayer for shurinaCheese
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2014, 08:12:27 PM »
Brian's family made the very difficult decision to take him off of life support on Sunday and sadly he passed away this morning. Brian was a great person and friend of mine for over 30 years and I will miss him. He did possess a bit of a quirky personality which is why some of you had him pegged as a Providence fan. Actually he was a long time season ticket holder for St. John's. He made some positive posts about Ed Cooley and Providence and when several posters called him out as a relative or Ed Cooley himself he was only too happy to take the ball and run with it. He attended Cornell and played lacrosse before transferring and ultimately graduating from Binghamton. May he rest in peace.  :angel:

So sorry to hear that...I sensed that you two were buddies...truly sorry for him, his family and you as a long time friend...

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2014, 08:21:14 PM »
R.I.P.  Another sad day for the SJU family.

DFF6

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2014, 08:21:50 PM »
Brian's family made the very difficult decision to take him off of life support on Sunday and sadly he passed away this morning. Brian was a great person and friend of mine for over 30 years and I will miss him. He did possess a bit of a quirky personality which is why some of you had him pegged as a Providence fan. Actually he was a long time season ticket holder for St. John's. He made some positive posts about Ed Cooley and Providence and when several posters called him out as a relative or Ed Cooley himself he was only too happy to take the ball and run with it. He attended Cornell and played lacrosse before transferring and ultimately graduating from Binghamton. May he rest in peace.  :angel:

Very sad news. My condolences to you and his family. Pretty funny that he played up the Ed Cooley connection.  Glad to know a little about Brian through your post. Thanks for sharing.

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2014, 08:57:15 PM »
Sorry to hear that Celtic.  My thoughts are with you and his family.  What year's did he play at Cornell.  I had a couple friends on the team 81-85.

Thank you. Cornell late 60's.

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2014, 09:18:58 PM »
RIP

mkras99

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2014, 09:30:04 PM »
Very sad news. He will be missed.

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2014, 09:38:50 PM »
So sad. May he rest in peace!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2014, 09:42:58 PM »
I hate hearing this. Rest in peAce brother

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2014, 10:27:58 PM »

Very sad news. My condolences to you and his family. Pretty funny that he played up the Ed Cooley connection.  Glad to know a little about Brian through your post. Thanks for sharing.
How fitting that you used the expression "pretty funny" as Brian often times responded to things people would say to him with "That's pretty funny" even when what was said was not or not even intended to be funny. He basically used it instead of outright saying who cares. Another of his quirks.

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2014, 10:56:42 PM »
Sorry for your loss.  May he rest in Peace.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

bk8664

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2014, 10:57:13 PM »
Rest in peace Brian.

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2014, 11:21:29 PM »
RIP

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2014, 01:01:50 AM »
May he RIP

Marillac

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2014, 01:39:01 AM »

Terrible news.  Thank you for sharing, Celtics11.  My thoughts are with Brian and all of his family and friends. 

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2014, 01:41:11 AM »
Just seeing this now. So sad to hear.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2014, 04:56:34 AM »
RIP.

boo3

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2014, 09:24:28 AM »
 Sorry to hear this.  Condolences to his family

QuanMan

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2014, 09:29:44 AM »
Rest in peace.
Section 3
Section 116

desco80

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2014, 09:30:46 AM »
Very sad to hear the news.  But thank you for sharing a little about your friend Celtics.   
May he rest in peace

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2014, 09:42:10 AM »
RIP