Adonis Delarosa Ineligible

• 148 replies

redslope

Re: Adonis Delarosa Ineligible
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2014, 09:15:43 PM »
Where is the hot shot  from CTK who runs his mouth--what kind of coaching did he do for ADR and getting him into college BB.  He should stop spouting out about Lav and players wearing sweat suits and get his own house in order

goredmen

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »
Where is the hot shot  from CTK who runs his mouth--what kind of coaching did he do for ADR and getting him into college BB.  He should stop spouting out about Lav and players wearing sweat suits and get his own house in order

Arbitello is a real good guy but not a good week for CTK guys with ADR being ineligible and Severe getting suspended

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2014, 09:31:26 PM »
Business as usual. And the beat goes on. The more things change the more they stay the same. All I know is it isn't Lavins's fault. Nothing is ever Lavin's fault.

boo3

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2014, 09:41:41 PM »
 200 points? That doesn't seem like much... In my day you got 200 points for putting your name on the test...I took the SAT 2x...  Second time my score was  40 points higher..  I got into school and played sports... 

Are things that much different than 20 years ago?

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2014, 09:44:46 PM »
Other than the bad press, I don't think it's a huge loss even with our front court depth issues. At best Adonis was our 9th man even after the Thomas fiasco.  With fewer options, Lavin will struggle to play the obviously wrong lineup

boo3

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2014, 09:50:40 PM »
^^^  great point

DFF6

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2014, 09:57:57 PM »
^^^  great point

Yeah. Terrific point. Lavin's ineptitude at recruiting qualifying kids saves his bigger ineptitude of being able to play the correct line up.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:11:20 PM by DFF6 »

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2014, 10:07:14 PM »
The important thing to keep in mind is that despite all these ineligable players over the years, SJU has  not violated any NCAA regulations. Constantly being close to the fire and not catching fire is kind if impressive...
Cougar O' Malley

SJUFAN

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2014, 10:13:20 PM »
It really just highlights what a terrible job the staff did with the 2014 class. The fact that they took off a year is embarrassing.

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2014, 10:32:09 PM »
To add on this was nothing new, this was common knowledge around the community since before he committed and since he took the SAT the first time around. I myself was under the assumption this had passed or he got over, but obviously I was mistaken. Remember you cannot go up over 200 points on your SAT each time you take it. Or it will be flagged.

What are you talking about? Are you saying that he had someone else take the SATs for him?

How did Adonis find a seven foot 250 pound kid to impersonate him, anyway?

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2014, 10:34:29 PM »
^^^  great point

Yeah. Terrific point. Lavin's ineptitude at recruiting qualifying kids saves his bigger ineptitude of being able to play the correct line up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2014, 11:17:10 PM »
To add on this was nothing new, this was common knowledge around the community since before he committed and since he took the SAT the first time around. I myself was under the assumption this had passed or he got over, but obviously I was mistaken. Remember you cannot go up over 200 points on your SAT each time you take it. Or it will be flagged.

What are you talking about? Are you saying that he had someone else take the SATs for him?

How did Adonis find a seven foot 250 pound kid to impersonate him, anyway?

They come a dime a dozen now a days

paultzman

Re: Re: Adonis DelaRosa - C - Christ The King - New York, NY - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2014, 07:45:59 AM »
How does this happen...

http://nypost.com/2014/11/12/de-la-rosa-latest-st-johns-hoop-player-ruled-ineligible/

Embarrassing disgrace. People can parse all they want on individual culpability, but we have quite a trend going here. Leadership, if not blamed, should be held accountable. Sorry, just my opinion. Spin away if you please.

Poison

« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2014, 08:08:25 AM »
How does this happen...

http://nypost.com/2014/11/12/de-la-rosa-latest-st-johns-hoop-player-ruled-ineligible/

Embarrassing disgrace. People can parse all they want on individual culpability, but we have quite a trend going here. Leadership, if not blamed, should be held accountable. Sorry, just my opinion. Spin away if you please.

Like with every coach, you're not held accountable for one or two situations. You are held accountable for the body of work. It doesn't matter if this is Lavin's fault. He gets credit for every recruit he lands and he gets blamed for each and every one of them that doesn't qualify. Bottom line is, he had f'n win.

As far as compliance goes, I think this staff is just lazy. No other way to explain this degree of incompetence.

« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2014, 09:48:42 AM »
Can't make this shit up. Disgraceful

Foad

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2014, 10:05:16 AM »
Can't make this shit up.

Well, you could.

bk8664

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2014, 10:20:44 AM »
Can't make this shit up.

Well, you could.

I don't have to anymore.

Look at this way.. You should be used to this by now.  It really shouldn't sting at all.

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2014, 10:20:54 AM »
An "outside source" informed the NCAA of the issue?