Adonis Delarosa Ineligible

• 148 replies
Re: Adonis Delarosa Ineligible
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2014, 02:10:51 PM »
Not making excuses for Adonis . Heard he was out of shape. Shocked how out of shape he was. I am not the first who compared him to Curtis . But I can see it. Not insulting a little kid. Noticing a division one athlete who is completely out of shape.  Have u seen him?
I haven't, but this is an ongoing process.  I'd enjoy hearing any staff members' takes on what he did during the summer. 

But, no one should be surprised he still needs to work hard: (right after his commitment) "Arbitello believes Delarosa can help St. John’s right away if the CK star can keep himself in shape and get stronger. He has lost 100 pounds since his freshman year at Christ the King. Arbitello said that “6-5 guards, 6-4 guards are a dime a dozen, 6-11 with great hands and great feet don’t come everyday.”
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 02:11:43 PM by bball purist »

Moose

« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2014, 02:33:04 PM »
Not making excuses for Adonis . Heard he was out of shape. Shocked how out of shape he was. I am not the first who compared him to Curtis . But I can see it. Not insulting a little kid. Noticing a division one athlete who is completely out of shape.  Have u seen him?

I just don't get how you harp on people who speak negatively about players in one thread and then make a comparison that really makes no sense basketball wise, physique wise and insult the player to boot.

Yes I watched Adonis for 3 years in HS.  And I went to SJU the same time as Curtis.  Curtis is a great kid who happened to be 7 ft 4 but not a basketball player.  He had his feet broken intentionally to help him walk.  Adonis is a basketball player who happens to be out of shape.  If you can't see he has legit basketball IQ and post moves I don't know what to tell you.  Sure he's out of shape but watching him and Curtis run is night and day to me.  Adonis isn't a world beater but he has arguably more post move skills than any SJU big man in the last 10-15 years.  Now its if he can get to the point physically where he can get enough minutes to contribute.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2014, 03:01:47 PM »

I just don't get how you harp on people who speak negatively about players in one thread and then make a comparison that really makes no sense basketball wise, physique wise and insult the player to boot.

Yes I watched Adonis for 3 years in HS.  And I went to SJU the same time as Curtis.  Curtis is a great kid who happened to be 7 ft 4 but not a basketball player.  He had his feet broken intentionally to help him walk.  Adonis is a basketball player who happens to be out of shape.  If you can't see he has legit basketball IQ and post moves I don't know what to tell you.  Sure he's out of shape but watching him and Curtis run is night and day to me.  Adonis isn't a world beater but he has arguably more post move skills than any SJU big man in the last 10-15 years.  Now its if he can get to the point physically where he can get enough minutes to contribute.
Even if it takes ADR two full years to lose more weight, get much more endurance and stronger, he is still worth it. 

TONYD3

« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2014, 03:29:29 PM »
I am sorry if I hurt anyones feelings.  I should have not have been nasty . I am sure both players are nice people. Was he this size in hs?

Poison

« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2014, 03:31:29 PM »
Curtis Johnson comparison is not that far off. Guy needs a bigger warm-up suit or a sports bra

Actually I it is far off. I don't mean to be a prick, but your comparison of Adonis to Curtis is mind boggling. Delarosa can post up. Curtis Johnson couldn't. Delarosa can back his man down and create space with his body. Curtis Johnson couldn't.

The only thing they have in common is that they needed to lose weight.

As a backup center Delarosa is damn good. He can help us, and we need him. The staff better pray that he is allowed to.

« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »
Need this resolved quickly...Is this an NCAA decision?

On topic but unrelated to Adonis, is Felix' elgibility still being appealed?

TONYD3

« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2014, 03:39:03 PM »
never saw him play, again sorry if I offended

paultzman

« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2014, 04:02:09 PM »
Curtis Johnson comparison is not that far off. Guy needs a bigger warm-up suit or a sports bra

Actually I it is far off. I don't mean to be a prick, but your comparison of Adonis to Curtis is mind boggling. Delarosa can post up. Curtis Johnson couldn't. Delarosa can back his man down and create space with his body. Curtis Johnson couldn't.

The only thing they have in common is that they needed to lose weight.

As a backup center Delarosa is damn good. He can help us, and we need him. The staff better pray that he is allowed to.
Poison, I believe if Adonis works hard we will be quite pleased over time. Tom Konchalski knows more than any of us and months back said;

“Conditioning is the key,” Konchalski said.  “As long as he gets in the best shape he can, he’s going to be a terrific college player.”

I have great respect for Tom & hope Adonis follows his advice.

Foad

« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2014, 05:17:45 PM »

Including his baby fat he's already pretty much our best big man since Zendon Hamilton.

« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2014, 03:00:50 PM »
 I wonder who the third party was? Probably Calipari

« Reply #130 on: November 18, 2014, 09:34:43 AM »

I would like to know this 3rd party also. the timing of this was really odd.

« Reply #131 on: November 18, 2014, 09:38:51 AM »

I would like to know this 3rd party also. the timing of this was really odd.

Wasn't Slice recruiting Adonis to Pitt?

« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2014, 07:58:10 AM »
His score jumped 150 points, but they are saying he had too many similar correct and incorrect answers as others seated in the same area during the test

« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2014, 08:27:22 AM »
His score jumped 150 points, but they are saying he had too many similar correct and incorrect answers as others seated in the same area during the test
My question to that would be .. Why did it take them 5 to 6 months to figure that out?

The person who monitored the test would know if kids were coping from each other.

« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2014, 08:38:37 AM »
My question to that would be .. Why did it take them 5 to 6 months to figure that out?

The person who monitored the test would know if kids were coping from each other.

Agreed.

I do know that lawyers advised him not to take it another time after the 150 point jump. Nor should he have to. NCAA is a mess

« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2014, 09:26:27 AM »
Are the exams of the students around ADR in question ? If not, why is he being singled out.

desco80

« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2014, 09:38:14 AM »
Are the exams of the students around ADR in question ? If not, why is he being singled out.

Presumably because they are not seeking clearance to play a D-1 sport

pmg911

« Reply #137 on: November 19, 2014, 12:27:34 PM »

Doesn't the SAT use multiple exams in every room to specifically prevent potential cheating..

ras

« Reply #138 on: November 19, 2014, 12:44:53 PM »
This riminds me of a James Patterson book, Beach house. Main character former SJBB all American got hurt in pros. Went to Law school. Flagged his LSATS because he got a great grade . Turned he studied and was smart ,go figure.

« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2014, 01:07:17 PM »
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.