Next Year

• 27 replies
Next Year
« on: November 14, 2014, 12:07:10 PM »
I would choose option 2. I would like to see someone with a huge square head coach a triangle. Would be like a geometry experiment.

TONYD3

Re: Next Year
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 12:30:32 PM »
He is not quitting . Their are a  million reasons why. Espn doesnt pay that much

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 12:52:53 PM »
If Lavin is coaching the team next year it would be the most shocking thing involving the program that I will have witnessed in all my time being a fan.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 01:02:14 PM »
I said he wod be back, but I guess the answer is how soon he gets an extension. We would be crippling  Lavin's ability to recruit and ultimately hurt the team by keeping him in limbo for the entire year.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »
If Lavin is coaching the team next year it would be the most shocking thing involving the program that I will have witnessed in all my time being a fan.
if father harrington was still president then it wouldn't surprise me but i believe the new administration has a better understanding of basketball and its impact on the university.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 01:15:54 PM »
Who quits first? Lavin or Jordan?

desco80

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 01:18:50 PM »
he'll be working as an analyst for fox sports

boo3

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »

98% of the board feels the same way about the coach at this point... Time for Baldi to start crapping on the players.

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 02:07:33 PM »
Is Lavin lame duck right now? Is this final year of contract?

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 02:10:33 PM »
if father harrington was still president then it wouldn't surprise me but i believe the new administration has a better understanding of basketball and its impact on the university.

Whoaaaa. Not getting fired. However, there is  NO way he is sitting on the bench for an 8-24 season next year. He does not have enough corny material. He will spin it as otherwise but he quits before next season.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 02:11:21 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 04:22:59 PM »

98% of the board feels the same way about the coach at this point... Time for Baldi to start crapping on the players.
Not true Look at some of the above posts and the poll. SMH

nudginator59

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 04:39:46 PM »
Wouldn't Lavin have to be fired or quit now to have any remote chance of getting a coach and a decent recruiting class for next year. I think most fans are tired of him but it goes back to is it better to keep him around for another year and hopefully build off a great year or buy time to find a new new coach.

No coach plus + no recruits = bad news
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 05:02:28 PM »
Wouldn't Lavin have to be fired or quit now to have any remote chance of getting a coach and a decent recruiting class for next year. I think most fans are tired of him but it goes back to is it better to keep him around for another year and hopefully build off a great year or buy time to find a new new coach.

No coach plus + no recruits = bad news

If he makes the tourney, he will go out "on top". Might even be able to get another coaching gig somewhere down the road.
If things go bad, he will create some kind of drama to make him look like some kind of champion of integrity and he will step down and find a TV job.
Sitting on the bench for next year's impending disater will only hurt his rep.
This is his last year. Book it!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:06:23 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 05:17:27 PM »
IF the alum who have been covering the freight  are still willing he will be here :laugh:

TONYD3

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 05:39:11 PM »
Why would he quit ? I coached teams under awful conditions for 3000 dollars. Sometimes u need the money. Guy is making a million. Even if he is 15-15, not a bad life coaching in the big east . Unless we implode he is back. Our players are going to be motivated. Still have talent to do well.

goredmen

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 06:57:20 PM »
This program is in such a bad place right now.  The team will underachieve again this year because of Lavin. This is a roster that could be a 7 or 8 seed with the chance to win a game in the tourney. We will probably be on the bubble or in the NIT. Then we are looking at another decent sized rebuild. And if Lavin is the coach for that rebuild, I have absolutely no hope that we'll see another tourney appearance before 2020

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 07:00:42 PM »
As of right now...I think Lavin wants to be back so I think he will be back.

Im not overly happy with the state of the program...but I do think he will pull something out of his hat for next season regarding recruits.  It's what he does...and all we can hang our hopes on right now. 

nudginator59

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 07:49:48 PM »
Good news about yesterday is that it was only a verbal commitment and because of Lavin's lame duck status he went with the sure thing...other then it just being Kentucky. Things go right then he may reconsider.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 07:56:22 PM »
I know it's only one half against NJIT but I have a hard time believing Obekpa will be back next year. He could be in for a monster season. If he averagees over 10ppg and 10 rebs he could be a top 10 pick.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:57:19 PM by redstorm212 »

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 07:56:44 PM »
Good news about yesterday is that it was only a verbal commitment and because of Lavin's lame duck status he went with the sure thing...other then it just being Kentucky. Things go right then he may reconsider.

He signed with KU today.