boo3

Re: Minnesota Game
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2014, 09:33:07 PM »
  Nice win to start off the season... 

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2014, 09:33:20 PM »
Refreshing the score on ESPN just doesn't do this game Justice...Great win!
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2014, 09:48:12 PM »
Great freaking win, hit more free throws and it's a blow out. Gophers couldn't hit anything the last 10 minutes.

Carlos Morris did turn out to be a good player though.

boo3

« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2014, 09:50:21 PM »
 Sad thing is, this board would be lighting up if we lost...... 

#SuperFans

DFF6

« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2014, 09:51:48 PM »
Seniors playing like men.   Dom has turned the corner. Harrison was the boss. We hit FT and play this way against Gonzaga, no reason we can't steal a W. 

« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2014, 09:58:18 PM »
Great win.

This game could build so much confidence in our players. Next thing you know we will start hitting some of those 3 point shots and making FT's

« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2014, 10:01:10 PM »
WHAT A GAME.

I felt the refs #$%^ed us all game until the last 2 minutes. Gott tighten that FT but I think we're in for a fun year. Love these seniors!!!!

Was dancing all over my living room on that d four point play.

« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2014, 10:04:27 PM »
Great job by Dom.  Great defensive effort and crashing the boards in the second half.  Made just enough free throws.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2014, 10:15:34 PM »
Sad thing is, this board would be lighting up if we lost...... 

#SuperFans

Analytics do support this.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2014, 10:17:33 PM »
Didn't watch the whole game yet. Only caught last 10 min of 2nd half but damn Greene, Harrison, and Jordan played great. Really played with a ton of confidence on offensive end, protected glass on defensive end, and looked to draw contact going to the rim.

I was really impressed with the aggressiveness and poise.

Marillac

« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2014, 10:22:45 PM »
Defense was great.  When Dom plays like that, we are just damn tough to beat. Harrison and Jordan bring it all game in every area.  They just compete.  They play like the 98-2000 guys.  Jordan has to better understand when to be aggressive and when to defer--it'll come.

A little bit of the old Dom came out when he tried to create off the dribble twice and caused turnovers (and when he sprinted down court and gave a cheap body foul for no reason to put them in the bonus and on the line).  There was just NO need for that...we were KILLING them off the bounce.  Nobody will be able to press us this year. Our fourth ball-handler, Greene, beat their press with his eyes closed. 

Chris has to have better hands than he's shown thus far.  We can't afford to lose the loose balls and sure dunks off great looks.

The team looks smarter than last year.  We were good for 3-4 goaltends a game (mostly only shots that would have missed) and 3-4 frustration/touch fouls to put teams on the line in the bonus.  I think we (both Dom) only had one of each tonight.  IMO, we lose this game last season.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:24:06 PM by Marillac »

Chilleb

« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2014, 10:44:03 PM »
need minny to beat georgia and do well rest of way !

« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2014, 11:22:31 PM »
Credit coaching staff with some good adjustments coming out of the second half?

« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2014, 11:26:45 PM »
Really nice win.  The team played physical, grinded it out and showed some blue-collar in them, which I doubted they were capable of. 

I thought we got a TON of help from officiating in the second half, but we used it to our benefit and took advantage.  Great to see Dom have a really nice second game in a row.  The whole squad really bought into winning the 50/50 ball as the 2nd half moved forward and even in the first half despite our struggles, I thought it wasn't for a lack of effort.  We just lost the battle of the arc badly in the first half, just defending it and shooting it.  We tightened up in the second half and I'm not sure if they even had a 3 after halftime. 

Nice performance, now lets see what we can do against the Zags.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

desco80

« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2014, 11:28:43 PM »
I was stuck at a family function, and could only follow the game on my phone...
But a very nice win by our guys.   I'm happy to be proven wrong on nights like this.  I didn't really think we had a chance, but our guys are fighters.
I hope they have a lot of magic left in them.

redslope

« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2014, 11:31:48 PM »
JUst back and very wet and read the comments on this thread from during the game--glad you guys were on line and not near Knives.  little Ricky got spanked. 

Turn around was shift from zone in first half to man in second.  There was no player of the game tonight--it was a TEAM effort.  all did some negatives and some positives; as long as more pluses than minuses, we win.

Big key was fouls--poor shooting (was fretting a repeat of Penn State game last year)  BUT more importantly not having our guys in foul trouble this is a must on Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving--meal will be a little sweeter this year.

« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2014, 11:33:19 PM »
Watching this game now. 1st half notes....

I think all the players are doing a better job of attacking and identifying how defense is reacting to them. Other guys are moving into space better without the ball and ball movement has improved as a result.

Phil Greene still kills me when he holds or bounces the ball for no reason. He is such a ball stopper. Jordan, Harrison, and even Branch are exact opposite as they catch and attack or simply keep the ball moving.

Christian Jones plays so small defensively. Has Sean Evans disease with his hands down at his sides at all times.

Jordan is so damn good. He makes passes that are NBA material. You can tell the game has slowed for him from his freshman year.

Team as a whole did a good job of closing out hard and boxing out on defense.

« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2014, 11:38:35 PM »

I think all the players are doing a better job of attacking and identifying how defense is reacting to them. Other guys are moving into space better without the ball and ball movement has improved as a result.

Phil Greene still kills me when he holds or bounces the ball for no reason. He is such a ball stopper. Jordan, Harrison, and even Branch are exact opposite as they catch and attack or simply keep the ball moving.

Christian Jones plays so small defensively. Has Sean Evans disease with his hands down at his sides at all times.

Jordan is so damn good. He makes passes that are NBA material. You can tell the game has slowed for him from his freshman year.

Phil does not have basketball instincts. But now that he  isn't the focal point of the offense, I just appreciate the good things he brings and don't worry about what he can't do he hit some huge shots in 2nd half. Going to need him to knock down shots if the team is going to be successful.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:42:54 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2014, 11:42:17 PM »

Phil does not have basketball instincts. But now that he  isn't the focal point of the offense, I just appreciate the good things he brings and don't worry about what he cant' do. e hit some huge shots in 2nd half. Going to need him to knock down shots if the team is going to be successful.

Though I did get some circle flashbacks when he dribbled around aimlessly for 25 seconds then passed the ball to Obepka at top of the key for a jumper right before Harrison's 4 point play

redslope

« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2014, 11:46:31 PM »
One more thing--love Chris going old school with short shorts.  When is Underasmor get the hint and make him a pair.

Great team move would be to lend support to Chris and all wear the The Mullin era throw back uniform for the Duke game.  They would be better than the Black uniforms we can't win in