What's up with Rysheed Jordan?

• 127 replies

jsk

What's up with Rysheed Jordan?
« on: December 11, 2014, 09:39:15 AM »
He hasn't started in a few games and his minutes are down. Any insights?

Poison

Re: What's up with Rysheed Jordan?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 09:44:51 AM »
He was very good last night, and he's in the game in crunch time. That's what matters. 

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 09:56:55 AM »
Since the team is winning, Lavin needed to give us fans something to complain about.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 09:58:38 AM »
He plays 31 minutes per game and has the highest usage rate on the team.  He's very sensitive

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 11:11:14 AM »
My guess (from Lavin's actions in the past) is that Jordan is not giving it his all in practice and this is the price he has to pay.

If so I understand it but if it's a choice between Branch and Jordan I would much rather see the latter out on the court

redslope

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 11:27:05 AM »
Maybe a summer or two with John Lucas would help??

desco80

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 11:34:53 AM »

At this point we should just make Lucas an assistant coach. 

hnk

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 11:45:04 AM »
The kid seems happy enough to me...his demeanor on bench and with the other guys  is great.......he did have  way too many turnovers against Zags......maybe you guys are making something out of nothing

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 11:46:34 AM »

Why not, everyone else is

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 11:52:34 AM »
Problem is both Harrison and Greene are better than Jordan. And none of the 3 resemble a point guard

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 12:00:59 PM »
Lucas doesn't take head coaching jobs because they'd be a pay cut. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 12:05:02 PM »
Branch is shooting 58% from the floor with a 3:1 ast:to ratio.
Greene is flat out balling. 
Jordan is averaging 4topg, 60% from FT, and 27% from 3. 
It's pretty obvious. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Wods317

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 12:41:19 PM »
Jordan needs to be more efficient, its basically as simple as that. He's turning the ball over a ton and not shooting well from the line or from 3 like Dave just posted. On talent alone hes probably the best player on the team but Lavin likes the calm demeanor, defense and ball movement that Jamal brings. Jordan will get his minutes and will probably be starting again but no one should be shocked his minutes are down a little, others players are just playing better,

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 01:06:01 PM »
When is Dom going to sit down with Lucas? Angry Dude

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2014, 01:08:48 PM »
Winning, so no sense complaining but anyone who thinks Branch is better than Jordan is crazy. Lavin does not even believe that. Again if TO's are your worry just let Phil play the point again. Going to need Jordan to be Robin to Harrison Batman to beat good teams! That is not disputable.

boo3

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 01:13:58 PM »
 Not getting worked up because Branch got 4 more minutes than RJ in a blowout.  
I think Jordan played well last night.  He's not forcing as much and is always looking to set up teammates.  
When the chips are down Rysheed will be on the court.  Better to be on court at the end than at the beginning.  

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2014, 01:16:18 PM »
Winning, so no sense complaining but anyone who thinks Branch is better than Jordan is crazy. Lavin does not even believe that. Again if TO's are your worry just let Phil play the point again. Going to need Jordan to be Robin to Harrison Batman to beat good teams! That is not disputable.

Agree 100%.

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2014, 01:20:23 PM »
See here is the thing I don't necessarily agree with trying to reign in Jordan. Jordan can be special and you live with mistakes from those kind of talents. He is a soph and missed a bunch of games last year. Your hope is by the end of the year he figures it out on his own while not taking his agressiveness away. Branch is who he is. It is the same rule with Harrison, I don't mind bad shots from him and I can live with to's from Jordan.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 01:22:19 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 01:24:17 PM »
See here is the thing I don't necessarily agree with trying to reign in Jordan. Jordan can be special and you live with mistakes from those kind of talents. He is a soph and missed a bunch of games last year. Your hope is by the end of the year he figures it out on his own while not taking his agressiveness away. Branch is who he is. It is the same rule with Harrison, I don't mind bad shots from him and I can live with to's from Jordan.

Perfectly said, the last thing we want to see is him get timid, or lose his aggressiveness, that's what makes him special. It's similar to when NFL teams try to convert a scramble QB to a pocket passer i.e. RG3.

jr49

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2014, 01:46:32 PM »
Problem is both Harrison and Greene are better than Jordan. And none of the 3 resemble a point guard
Dlo is showing some point guard mentality. He knew he would not be getting good looks down the stretch vs. the Cuse, and rather then force the issue, he made sure that PG got touches. Dlo has been showing us he's become a more complete player on a regular basis. It's asking a lot of D to play the point in addition to everything else on his plate but he brings more to the team then most point guards would. Lavs, along with the upper class-men will help Sheed get back on track. They stuck with Phil and it's great that they did. Sheed might feel more comfortable playing on the base line for a while, rather then starting his move from the top of the key.