What's up with Rysheed Jordan?

• 127 replies
Re: What's up with Rysheed Jordan?
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2014, 09:11:13 PM »
We essentially have a six man rotation. If Jordan fell out of the top six, there would be cause for concern. He can come in and provide a spark off the bench, and the kid can replace 4/5 starters. He got 24 minutes against FDU and 33 agaisnt Sryacuse off the bench. Branch has played relatively poorly, but the ball does move better with him in. Branch has a lot of passes that end up in assists for others...something to keep an eye on. As at team, SJU makes the extra pass (a lot of times unnecessarily) more than anyone you'll see all year. Branch doesn't have to fill up the stat sheet to make a big impact. Jordan does.
So now we are using hockey stats to compliment Branch? You are better than that Marillac. It is off the court issues from what I have been told. And some sort of punishment sounds like it is warranted. Pretty much what most would have guessed. At least now people can stop with the Branch is better in any way than Jordan. And I at least feel better that Lavin doesn't actually thinks Branch is better as well. The only people who actually thought that it turns out was some of you ;D
I WASJU said he'd never use baldi as a source
No, today two different people who I believe told me was off the court stuff. Wouldn't believe Bluto if he told me the world was round. Don't even remember what he posted, but wasn't that about last year stuff? Supposedly this is more recent things.
Hahah was just playing. I forget what he said exactly but pretty much that he had three feet out the door.

No, the little I heard was basic immature kid stuff, but things that have to be addressed. Hey who am I to judge I once fell asleep in the dugout during a game in college. Can't confirm but supposedly I was snoring.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2014, 09:43:19 PM »
We essentially have a six man rotation. If Jordan fell out of the top six, there would be cause for concern. He can come in and provide a spark off the bench, and the kid can replace 4/5 starters. He got 24 minutes against FDU and 33 agaisnt Sryacuse off the bench. Branch has played relatively poorly, but the ball does move better with him in. Branch has a lot of passes that end up in assists for others...something to keep an eye on. As at team, SJU makes the extra pass (a lot of times unnecessarily) more than anyone you'll see all year. Branch doesn't have to fill up the stat sheet to make a big impact. Jordan does.
So now we are using hockey stats to compliment Branch? You are better than that Marillac. It is off the court issues from what I have been told. And some sort of punishment sounds like it is warranted. Pretty much what most would have guessed. At least now people can stop with the Branch is better in any way than Jordan. And I at least feel better that Lavin doesn't actually thinks Branch is better as well. The only people who actually thought that it turns out was some of you ;D
No, today two different people who I believe told me was off the court stuff. Wouldn't believe Bluto if he told me the world was round. Don't even remember what he posted, but wasn't that about last year stuff? Supposedly this is more recent things.
Hahah was just playing. I forget what he said exactly but pretty much that he had three feet out the door.
No, the little I heard was basic immature kid stuff, but things that have to be addressed. Hey who am I to judge I once fell asleep in the dugout during a game in college. Can (750 Agronomy Road), Suite 2801.  S't confirm but supposedly I was snoring.

Complaining on Twitter doesn't seem very mature...even if it was one of his buddy's. If he wants to get the hell out of SJU making the team better will help a whole hell of a lot more. Not saying he hasn't but many games this year it look like he lost his composure.  He needs to act more like CO.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2014, 10:11:32 PM »
No, the little I heard was basic immature kid stuff, but things that have to be addressed. Hey who am I to judge I once fell asleep in the dugout during a game in college. Can (750 Agronomy Road), Suite 2801. S't confirm but supposedly I was snoring.
Complaining on Twitter doesn't seem very mature...even if it was one of his buddy's. If he wants to get the hell out of SJU making the team better will help a whole hell of a lot more. Not saying he hasn't but many games this year it look like he lost his composure. He needs to act more like CO.
Is CO really the model citizen for maintaining ones composure? Ive never seen him accept a call and get on to the next play. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

nudginator59

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2014, 10:24:49 PM »
No, the little I heard was basic immature kid stuff, but things that have to be addressed. Hey who am I to judge I once fell asleep in the dugout during a game in college. Can (750 Agronomy Road), Suite 2801. S't confirm but supposedly I was snoring.
Complaining on Twitter doesn't seem very mature...even if it was one of his buddy's. If he wants to get the hell out of SJU making the team better will help a whole hell of a lot more. Not saying he hasn't but many games this year it look like he lost his composure. He needs to act more like CO.
Is CO really the model citizen for maintaining ones composure? Ive never seen him accept a call and get on to the next play.

IM terms of letting his play doing the talking. He wants to leave and he is trying to show off his skill to the NBA. He had compose against Cuse especially during the scuffle. It looks like he has been getting better every game and being careful about fouls. Jordan reminds me of Sampson of last year where Sampson admitted that he was looking towards the NBA and not focusing on the current game at hand. 

I'm not suggesting benching him or anything drastic, what I am saying is just focus on the task at hand and keep your social media quiet and tell your friends to do the same. He will have plenty of time for a tell all book later in his career.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2014, 10:32:07 PM »
Obekpa the sophomore and Jordan the sophomore are comparable. Obekpa the junior is who everyone would like Jordan the sophomore to be. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2014, 10:47:42 PM »
Obekpa the sophomore and Jordan the sophomore are comparable. Obekpa the junior is who everyone would like Jordan the sophomore to be.

Keady said " like him to play with more maturity the staff would "

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2014, 11:22:09 PM »
Hopefully he comes back after Christmas visit home

nudginator59

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2014, 11:27:15 PM »

Hopefully Jordon the Sophmore does what CO the Sophmore did and stay one more year, because he's helping CO the junior.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2014, 01:14:54 AM »
RJ  only 2 turnovers in 24min.
Have him come off the bench vs Fordham, if he don't turn it over much agai, then start him vs. St. Mary's

Kid gotta learn, if you dont hurt the team then you'll start.

desco80

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2014, 10:20:46 AM »
Hopefully he comes back after Christmas visit home

Boo's retort in 3..2..1....

« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2014, 12:00:15 PM »
What?

@tominsalem: UGH. R Jordan to transfer 2nd semester.

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2014, 12:10:03 PM »
What?

@tominsalem: UGH. R Jordan to transfer 2nd semester.

Would be crazy if true.

Foad

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2014, 12:11:25 PM »
What? @tominsalem: UGH. R Jordan to transfer 2nd semester.

"heard it from a pretty well connected red-white member"

boo3

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2014, 12:23:18 PM »

Shocking...( hardly). If true, there goes season, there goes Lavin. 
I expect celebrations on the board 

desco80

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2014, 12:23:55 PM »
Would be crazy if true.
I think you mean: would not be crazy if true

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2014, 12:26:50 PM »
Would be crazy if true.

I think it's crazy. Especially for a guy who wants to play professionally as soon as possible. 

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2014, 12:27:14 PM »
Don't follow twitter too much. Who is reporting this?

desco80

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2014, 12:29:01 PM »
Would be crazy if true.
I think it's crazy. Especially for a guy who wants to play professionally as soon as possible.
To a rational person, sure.    But 19yr old basketball players aren't known for being particularly rational.  
He had issues at this time last year, and almost left.   His academics were a question-mark at the beginning of this semester.  
And he has had other "off the court issues", which frankly I don't know about, but other posters have alluded to.  
Jordan has been a drama-queen since day 1.   

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2014, 12:36:49 PM »
Would be crazy if true.
To a rational person, sure. But 19yr old basketball players aren't known for being particularly rational. He had issues at this time last year, and almost left. His academics were a question-mark at the beginning of this semester. And he has had other "off the court issues", which frankly I don't know about, but other posters have alluded to. Jordan has been a drama-queen since day 1.

tom cooke @tominsalem -heard it from a pretty well connected red-white member.
tom cooke @tominsalem - same person who told me Briscoe to KY, which was unfortunately correct.

boo3

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2014, 12:37:09 PM »
 I don't think Harrison or Pointer would let him transfer. Beat him into staying.