Fordham Game

• 69 replies
Re: Fordham Game
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2014, 04:42:14 PM »
Dom has been good this year this far.

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2014, 04:43:50 PM »
Fun game to watch. Dlo and Rysheed were outstanding. Defense and passing were as good as ive seen from a st johns team in a while. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2014, 04:45:11 PM »
Pecora has some pieces.  The lefty pg Anderson,  the white kid and Paschal  are a start.  He needs to get Severs head straight

« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2014, 04:48:54 PM »
Pecora has some pieces. The lefty pg Anderson, the white kid and Paschal are a start. He needs to get Severs head straight

Liked that lefty pg. 

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2014, 05:12:56 PM »
Just watched the game. Jordan was very impressive. Hopefully he got some frustration out. Harrison was Harrison. Good performance by the whole team. We looked very organized on both sides of the ball.

« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2014, 05:24:27 PM »
This team is focused and I'm sure they know they don't want any bad losses on Selection Sunday in March. A victory over St Mary's will look better since Gaels beat Creighton in Creighton.

Foad

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2014, 06:25:04 PM »
Some interesting observations regarding the Fordham game: http://www.bigeastboards.com

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2014, 06:36:48 PM »
Great fun game, gotta get smarter with Obekpa but at least it didn't come back to bite em.

Also saw Adonis in the lobby of MSG in street clothes. (He looks skinny in street clothes its incredible) Don't know what's up there, didn't wanna bother him.  He looked happy but who knows.

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2014, 06:39:56 PM »
Obekpa is a nice person. Wtf is wrong with you son

I didn't watch the game, had to go somewhere. Made sure I took my radio though.
One of the radio guys were saying that the T was uncalled for, there was no intent to punch.
What does the ejection do for the St. Mary's game, will he be suspended?

boo3

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2014, 06:40:41 PM »
Some interesting observations regarding the Fordham game: http://www.bigeastboards.com

Must say, I enjoyed your write-up...My fear is Lavin keeps Jordan coming off bench because " if it ain't broke don't fix it" ...He should be insert as a starter for St. Mary's...If people want to argue over who starts , Branch or Greene, have at it..Personally, I think Greene is better off as a sixth man...

Bonus points for having good taste in music.  Even a blind squirrel and that whole thing.....

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2014, 06:56:24 PM »

Definitely agree about SMU, thought there were cheap shots about SJU...The CIA director also went to SJU law and we have had several Governors. Which one was a Governor of Cali. I can go on, but I don't want to get off track about snubish schools.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2014, 07:03:10 PM »
I thought branch played well. Good defense and more than a handful of nice passes. The ball moves noticeably better when he gets minutes. I am not sure who has ever said he was better than Jordsn though. 

Moose

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2014, 07:03:19 PM »
Couple things.  
Can anyone confirm Obekpa throwing the FU player was his 2nd T, not the first.  The bonehead pair who actually has jobs calling college basketball games really had no clue what state they were even in.  Zach tweeted that Obekpa picked up a T earlier when breaking up the guy who was stepping over Harrison.  If so then the first T was a joke if that is in fact the case.  The 2nd one though alone was nice personic and grounds for dismissal.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2014, 07:08:15 PM »
Couple things. Can anyone confirm Obekpa throwing the FU player was his 2nd T, not the first. The bonehead pair who actually has jobs calling college basketball games really had no clue what state they were even in. Zach tweeted that Obekpa picked up a T earlier when breaking up the guy who was stepping over Harrison. If so then the first T was a joke if that is in fact the case. The 2nd one though alone was nice personic and grounds for dismissal.
They announced double tech on first one which was a joke. The second was nice personic.

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2014, 07:11:47 PM »
I can't wait to hear wasju talk about his buddy obekpas Tech

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2014, 07:15:25 PM »
I thought branch played well. Good defense and more than a handful of nice passes. The ball moves noticeably better when he gets minutes. I am not sure who has ever said he was better than Jordsn though.

+1
Rysheed is clearly a much better player overall, but I like Branch starting (setting the tone by passing and giving full court pressure) and Jordan acting as a super 6th man in a Manu-type role. Jordan will obviously play in key minutes, but having Jordan be able to replace any of 4 guys and the first sub off the bench is a HUGE advantage rather than having Jamal come in and provide no offense.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 07:15:47 PM by 0404 »

paultzman

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »
Couple things. Can anyone confirm Obekpa throwing the FU player was his 2nd T, not the first. The bonehead pair who actually has jobs calling college basketball games really had no clue what state they were even in. Zach tweeted that Obekpa picked up a T earlier when breaking up the guy who was stepping over Harrison. If so then the first T was a joke if that is in fact the case. The 2nd one though alone was nice personic and grounds for dismissal.
Obekpa, playing his best basketball of his St. John’s career, was called for a technical foul early in the fast half for talking trash with Fordham guard Antwoine Anderson. And with 3:48 left in the half, he appeared to intentionally shove Dekeba Battee-Aston into the Fordham bench after the whistle, which resulted in a foul and a second technical foul.
From Zach in Post

Moose

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2014, 07:20:23 PM »
Obekpa, playing his best basketball of his St. John’s career, was called for a technical foul early in the fast half for talking trash with Fordham guard Antwoine Anderson. And with 3:48 left in the half, he appeared to intentionally shove Dekeba Battee-Aston into the Fordham bench after the whistle, which resulted in a foul and a second technical foul. From Zach in Post
Thanks.  Real weak first technical by Pat Driscoll who seems like he's a miserable POS lately.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2014, 07:23:49 PM »

No love lost in that Lavin/Pecora handshake

you're right...Pecora should have thanked him for not pressing them until it was a 35 point lead...how pecora landed Pascal is beyond me...kid is so far above the program, te coaching etc...

paultzman

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2014, 07:28:49 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Chris Obekpa got two techs and was ejected. No. 24 St. John's then dominated Fordham. #sjubb http://t.co/JTlbxGUvdF via @nypost