Harrison Q & A

• 28 replies

paultzman

Harrison Q & A
« on: December 13, 2014, 10:36:45 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: One and only @NYPost_Serby sits down with @StJohnsBBall @DangeloHarrison for his Sunday Q&A http://t.co/j5l1kMmjxN #sjubb

Re: Harrison Q & A
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 11:20:38 PM »
What a great piece.

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 11:38:56 PM »
Harrison is my favorite player after watching SJU ball since 1962. Not suggesting he is the best I have seen. But his character, leadership, and battling to overcome adversity makes me, and should make all Redmen fans, proud. And he is also a hell of a basketball player. Watching him grow and expand his game has been fun, and watching him become the best rebounding guard in the country is an absolute treat. 

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 12:34:50 AM »
@WASJU

This entire interview was conducted to shut you the #$%^ up.

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 12:54:59 AM »
Before Harrison, Lavor Postell was my favorite Johnny.  Postell doesn't come close anymore

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 01:25:42 AM »
I love this guy. Great piece.

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 05:47:42 AM »
Wow, great read. Anybody who still questions the suspension after this is crazy. Clearly it served a very important purpose and had a positive effect of Harrison's life. 

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 09:03:18 AM »
Q: Message to St. John’s fans and followers?
A: We want to win for you guys. I know we haven’t done what we were supposed to do for three years now — we’re winning now, and we’re going to try to keep it up. We’re going to try to keep New York happy (laugh).

WOW!! I am all in with this team.

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 10:28:57 AM »
Before Harrison, Lavor Postell was my favorite Johnny. Postell doesn't come close anymore

Exact same here.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 11:20:22 AM »
I think people are starting to pay attention to this group, from what I heard the LB game is going to have a great crowd. 
Cougar O' Malley

TONYD3

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 12:20:58 PM »
I hope poison reads this . As for postel, think you guys are forgetting those dunks vs uconn. Harrison isn't there yet. But he isn't done yet

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 12:28:03 PM »
Daily News had a nice piece on Greene. It's awesome how much exposure this team is getting. As long as they continue to play well and climb the rankings this team will get better and better coverage. Especially as the Knicks are unwatchable. Hopefully this helps on the recruiting front too.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 12:32:32 PM »
I hope poison reads this . As for postel, think you guys are forgetting those dunks vs uconn. Harrison isn't there yet. But he isn't done yet

Dom has a highlight dunk atleast once a game, he's our Postell and Harrison is our Artest.
Green is turning into Bootsy, CO is a much bigger presense in the middle then Tyrone Grant.

Could Jordan be our Barkley?

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2014, 12:42:30 PM »
Dom has a highlight dunk atleast once a game, he's our Postell and Harrison is our Artest. Green is turning into Bootsy, CO is a much bigger presense in the middle then Tyrone Grant. Could Jordan be our Barkley?
Phil greene used to be compared to chudney. Until he drops 40 on Duke that's where he belongs. Like this team a lot but it's not close

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 12:50:13 PM »
Dom has a highlight dunk atleast once a game, he's our Postell and Harrison is our Artest. Green is turning into Bootsy, CO is a much bigger presense in the middle then Tyrone Grant. Could Jordan be our Barkley?
Phil greene used to be compared to chudney. Until he drops 40 on Duke that's where he belongs. Like this team a lot but it's not close

lol  I said starting to look like them, I never said they are.
Ultimate this team would have to get to atleast the elite 8, lets see if this team has what it takes.

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 01:02:04 PM »
Easy kid to root for. It will be tough to see him leave. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

redslope

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 01:04:42 PM »
Wonderful interview with no holds barred.  Really shows the development and maturity of Dangelo.  It is whole story not just his on court success that should see him a Wooden finalist.  I hope his dream of playing in March with his brother at courtside occurs.  What a Hollywood ending to a career it would be.

Poison

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 01:10:27 PM »
I think if anything, Harrison is more like Bootsy. Jordan is nothing like Barkley. Obekpa is nothing like any STJ we've ever had. Pointer is a Postell/Jessie hybrid. 

TONYD3

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 01:29:58 PM »
Wish branch would start playing like Reggie Jessie

boo3

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 05:40:40 PM »
Barkley was awesome...  I think Jordan, with another season under his belt, can be as good, if not better.  

What made Barkley so great was that he was smarter than everyone else on the court. Really had a tremendous gift of reading defenses and getting the ball to the right man in the right spot.