Return of the King

• 28 replies
Return of the King
« on: January 05, 2015, 03:43:41 PM »
Important thing for everyone to remember. As long as Jordan plays the exact same way he was playing we are a better team than w/o him. Obviously if he plays better we will be even better, but before everyone starts hating on him on the court, we just need him to play at the same level he was playing at. Now I know Bluto will post 1,000 things on his perceived body language and people will understandably have resentment towards him, but I have the cure for that.  Four words:Christian Jones sixth man. If that does not scare you straight from hating on Jordan, nothing will.

Re: Return of the King
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 03:45:47 PM »
ESPN also reporting he is playing Tues.

Moose

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 03:48:45 PM »

I thought ESPN hates SJU and the Big East?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 03:51:45 PM »
I thought ESPN hates SJU and the Big East?
Exactly why they are reporting the sht show 

boo3

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 03:56:53 PM »
 Baldi is so pissed he's playing Tuesday night...  All of a sudden we have morals?   Come on... Cesspool of college athletics..  Your guys beat people up...get over it.

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 04:06:35 PM »
Rumor is for his first CA game back they will be installing big screen TVs and playing a Rysheed montage to "Coming Home". 

In all seriousness, all of us should be very happy Sheed is playing Tuesday and beyond.  Our offense is so limited without him its ridiculous.  We need him.  If he's motivated even more than he had been, bonus.
"I drink and I know things"

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 04:14:09 PM »
some of you guys have it all wrong . He isn't any king  tommorow he is a jester . I am going to the game expecting to be entertained . Think Lavin handled this very well, hoping we start seeing Jordan's best. 

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 04:26:16 PM »
One thing is for certain, from here on out if he misses a game people have a right to question the reason. I mean even if his foot actually detaches from his body it is up for debate on if there are other things going on.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 04:34:05 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 04:45:05 PM »
Baldi is so pissed he's playing Tuesday night... All of a sudden we have morals? Come on... Cesspool of college athletics.. Your guys beat people up...get over it.
If by we you mean the IONA Gaels. Wrong. We kick roommates ass. And we report and serve the suspension.
I don't think I have ever seen a kid quit so much though. Saying that, I hope he scores 40 and we beat the piss out of the Big East the rest of the way. Sick of the NCAA tourny without St. John's 

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 04:50:34 PM »
One thing is for certain, from here on out if he misses a game people have a right to question the reason. I mean even if his foot actually detaches from his body it is up for debate on if there are other things going on.
At least he can't bite it off himself since Lavin has kept him muzzled.

QuanMan

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 04:50:48 PM »
His immaturity patterns over the past 1.5 years have already been well documented by scouts, even though he isn't on 2015 draft  boards, this really did him in for the Draft this year. If he can't attend practices while on break in between semesters, what NBA team would draft him knowing that he isn't responsible enough to go to work every day? Like we've known all along, he has a ton of growing up to do.
Section 3
Section 116

Poison

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 04:53:01 PM »
some of you guys have it all wrong . He isn't any king tommorow he is a jester . I am going to the game expecting to be entertained . Think Lavin handled this very well, hoping we start seeing Jordan's best.
How do you know what Lavin handled well, if we don't know what the it is?

TONYD3

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 04:55:34 PM »
Using reasonable logic I assume that jordan will behave himself and get with the program . Crazy to assume but that is what I am hoping for

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 05:04:17 PM »
His immaturity patterns over the past 1.5 years have already been well documented by scouts, even though he isn't on 2015 draft boards, this really did him in for the Draft this year. If he can't attend practices while on break in between semesters, what NBA team would draft him knowing that he isn't responsible enough to go to work every day? Like we've known all along, he has a ton of growing up to do.
I would be stunned if he got drafted by any NBA team. Lots of point guards coming out, plus his immaturity handling college. Imagine what it would be like in the pros, they would humiliate him. Overseas is his only option and that is too far from Philly.
So would expect him next year, and I don't know if that is good or bad. He has to put it together if has any desire of making his millions.

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 05:38:23 PM »
Even if he had the best work ethic and head on his shoulders. no one is drafting him with the 30% 3P%, 58% FT, and 3.3 TO numbers.

That is the real reason he is not on the nba draft boards, he hasn't played like an NBA player.

jsk

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 05:42:47 PM »
In fairness, I present some facts for consideration:
RJ lost his best friend in the summer
Lost his Aunt and Uncle
Lost his Grandmother last Friday
Mom's been in and out of hospital, leaving him with responsibility for his siblings from time to time
Family lives in Philadelphia
RJ goes to college in NY
RJ views himself as the family's hope for future financial stability if/when he makes it to the NBA
A young man facing all of these issues, with the pressure and stress he has on him, may have some maturity issues to overcome.
He deserves a break from the criticism of this board or any other. We are better than that. Think about it! :)

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 05:48:50 PM »
He got a break, he got a second break, some even gave him his latest break. no more breaks .  many would kill for his opportunity . I will play tommorow if they need me.

jr49

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 06:02:17 PM »
Glad RJ  is back. Big 6 can now go back to playing 32 -38 minutes a game. Hope their legs are there when game is on the line. Figure the staff still thinks 2015 is the right year to bring in players.

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 08:08:06 PM »
Good post jsk! Would have had a tough time handling all that when I was 19. Think we all look at it as how we would handle things at this stage of our lives.

isham

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 09:04:33 PM »
Well stated JSK. I bet you work with young people.